• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

As is being reported by someone on gamefaqs, Bonbon Boulevard has been renamed to Sweet Strasse for some unknown reason.

Also, not liking the blurry bars at the top :/ . I wonder if the blank space at the top right will eventually be used to show number of rare candies currently owned.

BooJoh

I've only been firing up Shuffle to check in and play Meowth since P&D came out and suddenly there's an update and I guess I missed out on some Shaymin runs.

I fear for my odds for Venusaur too, as I don't know what the needed teams will be but I don't have Blaziken, Heatran, or Genesect.

Syntsui

So what are the best Pokémon for Venusaur? Genesect doesn't count since it's pretty much impossible for me to get it right now. I'll try to catch/grind the others.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what are the best Pokémon for Venusaur? Genesect doesn't count since it's pretty much impossible for me to get it right now. I'll try to catch/grind the others.
You'll want to bring Fire, Ice &/or Bug types.

Seems my Optimized team for Grass types are Mega Glalie, Heatran, Scyther, & Genesect, but other Pokemon that would work are Blaziken, Moltres, Entei, Heracross, & Scizor.

Razmos

Has the game got easier? I mean catching Pokemon. I'm still afraid to get back after failing again and again on Regirock...
With the inclusion of super catch chance, yeah. As I mentioned earlier, I had only a 6% chance of catching Yveltal and it rose to 40% with a super catch chance.

Glalie seems like a lock as your Mega but with only 1:00 it's possibile someone with a faster evolve speed could overtake him but I doubt it. Froslass may take up a spot to Mega Evolve faster but it's probably not worth the loss of power.

I'm sure the Crowd Control bugs like Genesect and Heracross will be at the top.

Most Poison types won't help with their Power of 5 ability on a timed stage.

But what would be interesting is a Burn team. Set Charizard's ability off early then go to town with Blaziken's hitting streak, Heatran, Entei whatever Fire type is highest level for you.

Victini was originally listed as a Psychic type with Swat but hopefully that changes.

Loptous

I'm sure the Crowd Control bugs like Genesect and Heracross will be at the top.

Most Poison types won't help with their Power of 5 ability on a timed stage.

But what would be interesting is a Burn team. Set Charizard's ability off early then go to town with Blaziken's hitting streak, Heatran, Entei whatever Fire type is highest level for you.

Victini was originally listed as a Psychic type with Swat but hopefully that changes.
Again, abilities other than the ones that offer type-boosts (Pixie Power / Pummel...) are irrelevant in timed stages.

Loptous

So you're predicting an all Fire type Burn team will only have success in 1:00.
I think it's likely considering Mega Glalie isn't all that great to keep combos going (and might even hurt the player instead) and that it was the strategy used by the top Japanese player in the very first competition when the Home glitch wasn't known yet.
Though it's also dependant on the team's power (I assume nobody has ever touched Combusken yet.), and the setup of the stage could affect it too if they start putting disruptions in for instance.

Alternately, I could see a team of super effective powerhouses (base 70-80 power) without any regards for abilities and without a mega. I'm probably going to go with that myself.

Edit : Wait you meant Charizard?
How good is Burn's activation's rate? Because looking at the description, I'm going to assume it's ridiculously low (and as such, not worth it.)
How long does it stay active in timed stages as well? Serebii says 3 turns for normal stages, and I have no idea how that translates in timed stages.
(I'm probably going to have to test all that later)

Edit 2 : Tested the Burn ability and it's garbage in Timed Stages.
Activation rate is roughly 10% for match-3, 30% for match-4, 50% for match-5
While you can set-up the latter, it will only last for 3 moves, and you'll never get to activate it again unless you break your combo.
Fun fact : You can't burn an already burnt enemy and reset its counter. You have to wait for the effect to dissipate, unlike some other skills.

I think it's likely considering Mega Glalie isn't all that great to keep combos going (and might even hurt the player instead) and that it was the strategy used by the top Japanese player in the very first competition when the Home glitch wasn't known yet.
Though it's also dependant on the team's power (I assume nobody has ever touched Combusken yet.), and the setup of the stage could affect it too if they start putting disruptions in for instance.

Alternately, I could see a team of super effective powerhouses (base 70-80 power) without any regards for abilities and without a mega. I'm probably going to go with that myself.

Edit : Wait you meant Charizard?
How good is Burn's activation's rate? Because looking at the description, I'm going to assume it's ridiculously low (and as such, not worth it.)
How long does it stay active in timed stages as well? Serebii says 3 turns for normal stages, and I have no idea how that translates in timed stages.
(I'm probably going to have to test all that later)

Edit 2 : Tested the Burn ability and it's garbage in Timed Stages.
Activation rate is roughly 10% for match-3, 30% for match-4, 50% for match-5
While you can set-up the latter, it will only last for 3 moves, and you'll never get to activate it again unless you break your combo.
Fun fact : You can't burn an already burnt enemy and reset its counter. You have to wait for the effect to dissipate, unlike some other skills.

That sucks. I knew it was a hard ability to trigger but I figured it would last as long as you kept the combo going. I wasn't sure if three moves translated to a timed event differently.

So there's really no option between Fire/Bug/Ice/Poison that has an ability that functions like Sinister in the Mega Banette event.

Looks like it's likely going to be Glalie/Heatran/Genesect/whoever at the top. Assuming Glalie is the Mega of choice.

Side Note: Has anyone tested if the Great Ball trick was fixed? I have no pokes to catch or I'd try it. (does the game still save after all the Great Balls are thrown, so if you miss and it runs away you can turn off the game and save your coins)

Now I only have Quilladin and Mewtwo left to catch, god I hate those two.

And regarding the new update, I notice the bars on the top screen have become fuzzy? Is it me being crazy?

Now I only have Quilladin and Mewtwo left to catch, god I hate those two.

And regarding the new update, I notice the bars on the top screen have become fuzzy? Is it me being crazy?

It's not just you. Probably a mistaken 0.5 pixel offset or something.

I caught every single Main Stage Pokémon again! Yay, me. (Filled in Snorlax, Gurdurr, and Steelix.)

JoeM86

CGJu-XmWQAEH98p.png

Top 5. I don't care it has just started, let me have my moment :p

I think I'll be at 449 for a really short while. (My score is about 12,500.)

I think I'll probably end up dropping into lower than 20,000 by the end of the week.

In the meantime, seeing as I don't have Venusaur yet, I decided to use the last heart for the session to try my hand at its EX stage.

Who'd have thought that it'd be a capture that soon? With 29 seconds to spare, the rate is really high, anyway.

You know, the best part about the update isn't the new mechanics being added in. It's the fact that you don't need to scroll from the end of the stage select screen every time you switch from Main Stages to Expert or Special and vice versa.

Syntsui

Having to be in the 10k will make this challenge absurdly hard... I tried 6 hearts in the morning and got around 8k only, with the best Pokémons possible with the exception of Genesect ):

Chris1

Got a score of 20k and rank 199. I should be safe for the stone :)

In the meantime, seeing as I don't have Venusaur yet, I decided to use the last heart for the session to try my hand at its EX stage.

Who'd have thought that it'd be a capture that soon? With 29 seconds to spare, the rate is really high, anyway.

Lol, yeah the first few expert stages are incredible easy once you get late game.

2nd try at Mega Venusaur and I got a score of 13K, putting me in 1211th place in PAL land. Hmm, thought I'd place much lower than that

Wonder if it's because of Mega Venusaur being annoying with its wooden blocks or the removal of the Home spam exploit (I'm leaning towards the latter)?

Curious if I can stay in the top 10K.

If all else fails, the Disruption Delay looks like it could be helpful.

Lol, yeah the first few expert stages are incredible easy once you get late game.

It's funny.

Trying the stages as soon as you unlock them make them seem extremely hard, but when you put it on the back-burner until you finish all the main stages... they then seem unusually easy. Odd, huh?

RiggyRob

It's interesting how low the cut-off is. 10k got me ~5000th place, but 11k got ~3000th place.

I'm just going to go ahead and use the free Complexity -1 and a Disruption Delay for my next try so I can forget about it for the week.

-Horizon-

Took me 10 tries to get my score over 10000 :[

I'm gonna need to play it again during the last few days because I know my current rank won't last.

It's interesting how low the cut-off is. 10k got me ~5000th place, but 11k got ~3000th place.

I'm just going to go ahead and use the free Complexity -1 and a Disruption Delay for my next try so I can forget about it for the week.

It's early days, but the Home button trick being patched seems to have killed the top players. Top scores were around 60k before, but the top score in the US hasn't even hit 30k yet.

PtM

Banned
It's funny.

Trying the stages as soon as you unlock them make them seem extremely hard, but when you put it on the back-burner until you finish all the main stages... they then seem unusually easy. Odd, huh?
On the other hand, wait too long and you will not get a use out of them (like the gen 1 evolved starters).

Syntsui

Got 11k as a score thinking I would be set. As I checked now I'm only ranked in the 8k... I think 20k as a score is the only way to be sure I will get the stone.

Top Bottom