• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I just started this after a couple days break (been playing on and off since launch) and I can't check in (I updated eShop) it keeps saying it failed and its not my internet. Seems like someone else in this thread had that problem but don't see a fix. Any help? I need my 500 daily coins. :(

Also if I read that right if I buy maximum number of hearts I can still keep using the 5 buil in hearts without using purchased hearts? Pretty darn cool!

Cool, so stronger versions of existing skills and a few new ones.

And wonder how one would obtain "Mega Speedup", but the theory that more candy required = the longer it takes for the Pokemon to evolve was correct. I wonder if getting 8 for, say, Sableye, would make him evolve as fast as, say, Gengar.

Also yay new Mega Stone to collect. Please let it be move based again.

Competition returns to timed 1:00 on 5/29

Also Victini is like Meowth but instead of coins it gives you EXP points.

Exp. Points from Victini! - Tons of Exp. Points (For weekends only, the Mythical Pokémon Victini appears! Don't miss this chance! In this stage, you can earn a lot of Exp. Points. Try it with Pokémon you want to level up! You can only play this stage once per 24-hour period.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder if it'll be as good as playing the Ampharos stage with its 50 moves.

Still no info on how one obtains Mega Speedups? Special stages? Buying them via coins?.....please don't make them only competitions.

Junahu

Still no info on how one obtains Mega Speedups? Special stages? Buying them via coins?.....please don't make them only competitions.
If they were really trying to force people to pay up, then you'd have to buy them with Gems.

I'm totaling behind on my shufflin'. Didn't capture Regirock but I did get Shaymin today. Haven't attempted any of the daily Pokemon yet since the new cycle. Will have to step up my A-game.

Edit: Regirock is the first special level I had not cleared and captured since the beginning. Darn!

Robin64

Oh hey, today's check in made me go to the eShop to download an update.

Good news, the Shaymin bug has still not been fixed.

Robin64

The top bar on the map screen's UI has gone a little blurry, mind. It's no longer sharp like the Pokemon selection window under it still is. Looks like adding that new timer messed it up a bit. Thought it might have just been me, but then someone messaged me wondering the same thing.

At the very least, they made it so buying hearts with jewels is less terrible. Still a bad choice if you do so but it's not a complete waste now.

Robin64

Some interesting new strings.

Improper data has been uploaded. Your high score(s) have been reset to zero.
Improper data has been uploaded. Your entry has been removed from the ranking.
The data you uploaded has been judged as improper. Your high score has been set to zero.
Improper data has been used. You cannot participate in this ranking.

And the Home button exploit is gone entirely, it's now just disabled during all timed stages.

Some interesting new strings.

Improper data has been uploaded. Your high score(s) have been reset to zero.
Improper data has been uploaded. Your entry has been removed from the ranking.
The data you uploaded has been judged as improper. Your high score has been set to zero.
Improper data has been used. You cannot participate in this ranking.

And the Home button exploit is gone entirely, it's now just disabled during all timed stages.

Anyone wanna bet that there'll be a glitched event that loves to set scores to 0?

JoeM86

Video of the Pokémon Shuffle 3DS theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgKL58iqDKg

Some imagery I took
CF-YdBlWYAAT2EU.png:orig

Robin64

And can someone explain this rare candy thing with Megas? I don't get it.

Nobody actually knows yet. There's speculation these are the items used to speed up the Pokemon becoming their Mega form, but I guess we'll have to wait to see for sure.

Razmos

What happened?

And can someone explain this rare candy thing with Megas? I don't get it.
After I failed the initial capture the usual Great Ball chance showed up, but there were flashing lights and a "Super Capture Power!" message, and the great ball chance was doubled again.

It's basically a chance at a 4x strength great ball.

Just got it again on Shaymin, took a screenshot:
zlCfzTZXNxQrBBzCGB

Robin64

It bugs me that Shaymin has one worried eye and one angry eye.

See, you can mirror each side and have angry Shaymin or worried Shaymin!

wjPEUWt.png

JoeM86

After I failed the initial capture the usual Great Ball chance showed up, but there were flashing lights and a "Super Capture Power!" message, and the great ball chance was doubled again.

zlCfzTZXNxQrBBzCGB

May I use that screenshot in my mechanic section? The damned thing isn't coming up for me and I'm running out of Pokémon to catch :p

Chopper

zlCfzTZXNxQrBBzCGB
So it's random? Does it cost the same as a Great Ball? This is a game-changer for EX stages!

Razmos

Holy crap, got it for a third time in a row. It doesn't double the effect of the great ball.
I had 6% capture chance against Yveltal, double to 12% with great ball, yet Super Capture Power increased the chances to 40%.

And on that note, yay I captured Yveltal ;)

octopiggy

I don't get the new hearts thing. Do we now start every day with 10 hearts? Or is this a one off? Does it re-charge up to 10 again?

edit: ninja'd

wilflare

Basically, you have up to 5 hearts that regenerate at all time. The game uses these 5 before it goes through any you have purchased.

If you bought 80 hearts before, say, you'd have to get down to 5 before it would start renewing them.

Now the 5 will always regen and not eat into your supply of 80 hearts.

thanks! after the update I had like 5+5 so I was a little confused. and I never purchased any

Whoo, caught Shuckle!

Er, since I suck at EX stages, I guess I should Home spam like crazy before I update?

Still have Blaziken, Mewtwo to catch and not even got enough S Ranks for Genesect. Oh well, I'll try the first two, when I have time...

Lunar FC

My god is this Shuppet level some bologna. Please tell me their arn't a lot of levels like this going forward.
edit: just beat it rather easily, but it's just not enjoyable.

Robin64

My god is this Shuppet level some bologna. Please tell me their arn't a lot of levels like this going forward.
edit: just beat it rather easily, but it's just not enjoyable.

There are a lot of very unenjoyable levels, many basically beg you to spend coins or die trying. I haven't threatened to quit yet this week, but I can feel it brewing..

Loptous

Has anyone noticed that it is easier to make matches or am I just imagining it?
Explanation:
I had a 3-token match, and another token immediately fell into that line, and it became a 4-token match.
I don't think I ever saw it happen before the update.
It feels like there was absolutely 0 delay before, but now, it's a few milliseconds.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
My Genesect and Heracross will fuck Venusaur uuup.

Holy crap, got it for a third time in a row. It doesn't double the effect of the great ball.
I had 6% capture chance against Yveltal, double to 12% with great ball, yet Super Capture Power increased the chances to 40%.

And on that note, yay I captured Yveltal ;)

All this time wondering when they were ever going to add ultra balls... and they go and call the next level super catch power? *shakes head* At least it seems useful, and is reminiscent of a critical capture.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, seems the Shaymin 1k coin glitch was fixed. I played it today & nothing.

Also, seems that Victini will be Saturdays, while Meowth's Coin Mania is only Sundays now.

Top Bottom