• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Stage On

Arg I hate timed event stages for megastones since I absolutely suck at those.

With the turn based stage like the last one I was able to get it with out any items used. Now I'm not sure I'd even be able to get it WITH items, plus I'll need those coins to get the last few ex stage Pokemon :/

If you have a Max Lvl mon in your party do the EXP points gained distribute only between the 3 that can still lvl up?

And don't forget to use those free x1.5 EXP on Victini PASSCODE: 04482045

Victini has power of 80 and Hitting Streak :)

I didn't realise Victini would be a standard fight, I thought it'd be set up like Meowth so I brought Moves+5 with me :lol

I didn't realise it'd be catchable in this event, either! The "earn loads of EXP" wasn't a lie though. Went from mid-6 to mid-7.

wilflare

14K without items on Venusaur
My Glalie is a bit too underleveled though

Ninetails can help clear the board a bit at the beginning
Typically, you'll want to Mega evolve Lucario as fast as possible.

Caught.
That lack of Meowth hurts though : (

I don't have Mega Lucario :(

I'm still quite comfortable in terms of ranking, so there's no hurry for me to use items yet.

Also, caught a Victini today :p (wow, that experience gain.)

Loptous

I don't have Mega Lucario :(
Aww
Did you somehow miss the second competition?

I just did some testing and managed to beat it with Mega Aerodactyl (lvl9), Heatran (lvl9), Moltres(lvl10), Ninetails (lvl5)
You want to Mega evolve Aerodactyl as soon as possible (I did it with 11 turns left).
If there's no Aerodactyl, matching some Ninetails while going for chains is the best you can do.
Once it's evolved, make sure you keep a lot of them on the board, before the disruptions come. I think you get 50 damages for every block you destroy (I couldn't verify that you get less since Aerodactyl isn't effective) and clear the board on top of that.

I had 2 turns left when I beat it.

If you can spare some coins Mega-Start should make it easier.

I decided to use the remaining tries for the last session to try my hand at Mewtwo again.

I think I'm getting really close to "getting" it seeing as I consistently get it within 5% to 15% of remaining health.

Probably a use of the free Complexity -1 and DD will push it all the way (along with a bit more EXP from tomorrow).

Chris1

Tried to be smart and take 4 lowish levelled pokemon, turns out that was a bad idea as I didn't even beat him :(

Ah well, at least it sounds like he'll be returning each weekend from the description. I hope that doesn't mean Meowth is gone now though.

wilflare

I'm still quite comfortable in terms of ranking, so there's no hurry for me to use items yet.

Also, caught a Victini today :p (wow, that experience gain.)

eh how did you catch the Victini.. thought it can't be captured? lol or am I confused?

Aww
Did you somehow miss the second competition?

I just did some testing and managed to beat it with Mega Aerodactyl (lvl9), Heatran (lvl9), Moltres(lvl10), Ninetails (lvl5)
You want to Mega evolve Aerodactyl as soon as possible (I did it with 11 turns left).
If there's no Aerodactyl, matching some Ninetails while going for chains is the best you can do.
Once it's evolved, make sure you keep a lot of them on the board, before the disruptions come. I think you get 50 damages for every block you destroy (I couldn't verify that you get less since Aerodactyl isn't effective) and clear the board on top of that.

I had 2 turns left when I beat it.

If you can spare some coins Mega-Start should make it easier.

I didn't try the second competition... thought my team wasn't strong enough and I didn't have coins to buy items...

Syntsui

It's hard to get Victini, only 5% chance and you can't use great ball? I thought I had the money but it didn't trigger oO. Anyway, we will have another chance tomorrow. I will bring Pokémons that are strong against it to finish him quick.

Chopper

It's hard to get Victini, only 5% chance and you can't use great ball? I thought I had the money but it didn't trigger oO. Anyway, we will have another chance tomorrow. I will bring Pokémons that are strong against it to finish him quick.
I used a Great Ball. In fact I used Super Catch Power at 45%.

Syntsui

I used a Great Ball. In fact I used Super Catch Power at 45%.
I must have gotten the necessary money right after I beat it then. Too bad I won't have enough for tomorrow and I won't be able to catch him =/. At least I got Heatran today, I will grind him at least to level 5 and try to score 20k at Venusaur by the end of the challenge.

Is it a consensus that Ampharos is better than Buneary? I just don't see the difference besides the bigger number of moves.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AW CRAP, YOU CAN ACTUALLY CATCH VICTINI?!!

Damn it, I didn't know that & thought it was weird that it had a health meter.

Guess I gotta wait until next week......

Chris1

Is it a consensus that Ampharos is better than Buneary? I just don't see the difference besides the bigger number of moves.

If you can beat Ampharos, Ampharos is better. If you can't Buneary is better as you'll get the bonus xp which should make up for whatever loss of xp from not doing Ampharos.

Here's a list of the evolution speeds of the current group of Megas via SciresM. Sorry if this info is already known, being able to place a numeric value on speed is new to me.

Pokemon/ Clears required to Mega Evolve:
Mega Gengar 11
Mega Audino 12
Mega Lucario 14
Mega Venusaur 15
Mega Kangaskhan16
Mega Lopunny 16
Mega Slowbro 18
Mega Blastoise 19
Mega Glalie 19
Mega Mawile 21
Mega Sableye 22
Mega Altaria 22
Mega Aerodactyl 23
Mega Mewtwo Y 23
Mega Ampharos 24
Mega Banette 27

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if 1 "Mega Speed" Candy = 1 less Pokemon to match.

Wish we knew how to get this. Maybe next week?

I wonder if 1 "Mega Speed" Candy = 1 less Pokemon to match.

Wish we knew how to get this. Maybe next week?

I'm afraid you're probably right. Initially I thought it might mean a match of 3. But looking at that list and the max number of Mega Speed Up candies, I don't see how it could be anything else.

The official site lumps the Mega Speed Ups and Escalation Battle together. So it may be the reward for the upcoming event.

7200 coins from today's Meowth stage, for a total of 6400 income.

Hehe...

(I think I get the stage now.)

The coins seem to just keep on flowing lately.

I was up to 96,000 coins so I've had to spend some before risking Meowth today.

I've only got a few more expert stages to S-rank and then I don't even know what I'll spend coins on.

Does that really help though? A better start on Blaziken's stage is not going to make it any easier to beat.

I'm just going to update.

A better start? Uh, pressing home froze the game so you could plan your next move without the timer going down. Repeatedly doing it made the stages hilariously easy.

Loptous

7500 coins (-800) \o/

I've only got a few more expert stages to S-rank and then I don't even know what I'll spend coins on.
I'm using x1.5 exp on any stage that gives reasonable exp nowadays.

Syntsui

I just spent my free complexity - 1 and a disruption delay on the Venusaur challenge. I only managed to score 14,4k,should I be set to get the stone?

I'm only at the top 5k and I feel I'll lose this chance...):

Elija2

What does complexity -1 even do for the Mega Venusaur competition? It'd be nice if it told you what it would do instead of what it could do.

Syntsui

What does complexity -1 even do for the Mega Venusaur competition? It'd be nice if it told you what it would do instead of what it could do.
Make it less complex? I don't know, I used it and I did better. I'm just not sure if it was because of the disruption delay.

Chris1

Yeah I sorta wish I didn't rush it, now I've got near max coins, S-ranked everything, caught everything and I have no reason to play any more until new things get added, I'm feeling a bit lost without my shuffle sessions :(

Maybe I should copy Loptous with the 1.5xp thing and train up my pokemon even further though all of my useful ones are already 5+ with most being 8+.

Top Bottom