• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Robin64

My position on Venusaur (692 right now) should make sure I get the stone so this week I can just focus on grinding (either money or exp) and catching the one or two that remain (hello Steelix and Blaziken).

Loptous

Seems like I'm free for a bit longer.

Also, it just hit me that they should have used Audino instead of Victini for the exp stage.
It's such a missed opportunity.

Any advice to beat (and catch) Genesect? Is the only pokemon left and I haven't beaten him yet :(
I first beat it with a level 6 team without items. But to be honest, it's still hard even with a maxed team, mostly because there's no useful Mega against it so far.
The most annoying part is when it starts using a row of barriers at the top + smokescreens.

I personally use Mega Aerodactyl, because it is super effective and can clear the metal blocks easily. I tried Mega Blastoise which is useful to get rid of the disruptions but gave up on it because I wasn't able to do as much damage.

My advice in timed stages is to focus solely on making vertical matches, because the tokens take longer to fall and it gives you a lot more time to chain matches effectively.
Once it starts using barriers, I try to clear the ones at the top, but it doesn't always work well because of the smoke. I also make sure to keep some Aerodactyl tokens on the field in case it summons the metal blocks.
Disruption delay should make it fairly painless if you can spare the coins for it.

Another important advice I'd give for time stages in general is to disable the music. Whenever it's on, I often find myself making matches following the rhythm even though I could go a lot faster.

Orgen

Seems like I'm free for a bit longer.

Also, it just hit me that they should have used Audino instead of Victini for the exp stage.
It's such a missed opportunity.

I first beat it with a level 6 team without items. But to be honest, it's still hard even with a maxed team, mostly because there's no useful Mega against it so far.
The most annoying part is when it starts using a row of barriers at the top + smokescreens.

I personally use Mega Aerodactyl, because it is super effective and can clear the metal blocks easily. I tried Mega Blastoise which is useful to get rid of the disruptions but gave up on it because I wasn't able to do as much damage.

My advice in timed stages is to focus solely on making vertical matches, because the tokens take longer to fall and it gives you a lot more time to chain matches effectively.
Once it starts using barriers, I try to clear the ones at the top, but it doesn't always work well because of the smoke. I also make sure to keep some Aerodactyl tokens on the field in case it summons the metal blocks.
Disruption delay should make it fairly painless if you can spare the coins for it.

Another important advice I'd give for time stages in general is to disable the music. Whenever it's on, I often find myself making matches following the rhythm even though I could go a lot faster.

Many thanks! My mega Aerodactyl is underleveled, so I'll try to spend some time levelling him (does the Genesect stage gives experience?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, was hoping for something new this week. Guess I'll just stick to checking in for the time being....

Loptous

Many thanks! My mega Aerodactyl is underleveled, so I'll try to spend some time levelling him (does the Genesect stage gives experience?)
Genesect does give exp but not that much (10 exp if you beat it)

Luckily, Aerodactyl is the best Mega to bring against Snorlax which nets you 55 exp points when you beat it.
The only drawback is that Snorlax's stage takes at lest 10 minutes to beat, but with the free exp x1.5, it shouldn't take too long to raise it to level 5-6.

Going back and trying to catch some earlier Pokemon and I still don't know how I beat Milotic in the first place. Seems like it's all luck to get a good early placement, otherwise you waste 5 moves before the board resets.

Glad it's the Daily Pokemon again. I can burn more hearts trying to catch Shuckle again.

Machine

I finally got Genesect. I now have everything except Victini (I didn't realize I only had one shot per week so I didn't use any great balls after I beat it). I'm also sitting at #1271 for venusaurite so I think I'm safe there. Time to go back to coin farming.

Oxx

:O They do exist!

j/k - If you enjoy the game and see paying money towards it as increasing your enjoyment, I see no problem in buying jewels. Just be sure to use them wisely!

I can't promise to do that!

I had played for 26 hours without spending a penny, so I was okay with putting a bit of money in.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I won't have internet until monday. What will I miss? (already took part in the Ivysaur competition, can't remember my score though lol).

Chris1

So I won't have internet until monday. What will I miss? (already took part in the Ivysaur competition, can't remember my score though lol).

Nothing, this week is a repeat of the dailys and the weekend pokemon will probably be the same as last week too. If there is anything new, it should continue on past Monday but I doubt there will be.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing, this week is a repeat of the dailys and the weekend pokemon will probably be the same as last week too. If there is anything new, it should continue on past Monday but I doubt there will be.
Nice.
In other news, I just remembered my phone can act as mobile hotspot >_>

Man, I got so many Shuffle StreetPasses at VGC UK this weekend.

Must have gone from 300ish to 500ish. I now have 26 hearts without paying a dime and 2 jewels for my 400th and 500th StreetPass : D

Scared about my Vensaur rank though... Let's check it.

EDIT:

Meanwhile Rumble World caps your Mii visitor diamonds per day >___<

Egoz3ntrum

Neo Member
I got a good score!
QUJkGXb.jpg

CassSept

Ugh, I'm going through the game S-ranking stages and I'm stuck on Castle Noapte. First time since the start of the game where I can't S-rank some of the stages, bah, I'm having trouble beating some again. Ugh.

Robin64

Man, I got so many Shuffle StreetPasses at VGC UK this weekend.

Heh, StreetPass is one of the main reasons I used to go to those. This year's move to Manchester though made it not worth the 5 hour trip each way, though. Blech. Hope it moves back to Birmingham, which is a much more central location.

Syntsui

For god's sakes do I have to be ranked in the 20k or 10k to get Venusaurite in the US region? The game reports both of them and I just got pushed back the to the 11k...

JoeM86

Shuffle updates coming Monday:

Giratina - Escalation Battle

Details of the next event have been revealed.This event gives you access to the Pokémon Giratina and runs from Monday June 8th to June 22nd. This stage is the first in what is called an Escalation Battle. Each time you complete the stage, it levels up and becomes more complicated with added obstacles such as four columns of frozen blocks at Level 40 or instant disruption at Level 10. When you reach Level 5, you get 1,000 coins and when you get to Level 50, you get a Disruption Delay item. The likelihood for capture also increases as the stage's level gets higher

New Stages - Including Expert Stages
It has also been announced that new stages are to come to Pokémon Shuffle on Monday. These continue the Pedra Valley stages and include Garbodor in 194, Doublade in 195 and Conkeldurr in stage 198. Three new Expert stages are also being added, focusing on the Kalos starter Pokémon, Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja. We'll bring full details of these stages on Monday

Loptous

Shuffle updates coming Monday:

Giratina - Escalation Battle

Details of the next event have been revealed.This event gives you access to the Pokémon Giratina and runs from Monday June 8th to June 22nd. This stage is the first in what is called an Escalation Battle. Each time you complete the stage, it levels up and becomes more complicated with added obstacles such as four columns of frozen blocks at Level 40 or instant disruption at Level 10. When you reach Level 5, you get 1,000 coins and when you get to Level 50, you get a Disruption Delay item. The likelihood for capture also increases as the stage's level gets higher

New Stages - Including Expert Stages
It has also been announced that new stages are to come to Pokémon Shuffle on Monday. These continue the Pedra Valley stages and include Garbodor in 194, Doublade in 195 and Conkeldurr in stage 198. Three new Expert stages are also being added, focusing on the Kalos starter Pokémon, Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja. We'll bring full details of these stages on Monday
About time!
I wonder if those EX stages will be directly available with the update rather than unlockable considering they'd need a pretty large amount of new normal stages if they wanted to keep going with their current model.

Also, just for info, since the update, Hearts gained through streetpass are added to your second pool rather than the replenishable one. I thought it was pretty nice of them. : )

I should be pretty safe with a 20K score that gives me a ranking of around 2,500, right?

Teehee.

Either way, I think I'll try capturing Mewtwo tomorrow. Hope I don't end up burning all the coins instead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, new stages on Monday. I've got 40k coins now that I've been saving up, not to mention waiting to get a 3rd jewel to get another 10k.

Also, phew, Escalation Battle is more of seeing how long you can last.

OmegaX

So everytime I defeat Giratina the stage becomes more difficult but the catch rate increases too? That's interesting. I hope I capture it before level 50 though.

Syntsui

They really need to diminish the delay between hearts or simply add more hearts.

Imagine a rookie starting today, it will take weeks of severe dedication to be able to even stand a chance for the events Pokémon.

They really need to diminish the delay between hearts or simply add more hearts.

Imagine a rookie starting today, it will take weeks of severe dedication to be able to even stand a chance for the events Pokémon.

True, when I started Keldeo was out and there was no way I was catching/beating it in time.

I think they should add Hearts to the Heart Bank as you complete the early levels. 5 hearts for reaching level 10, 20, 30.

At least the events will repeat.

Sometimes in an easier form.

Chris1

Also, just for info, since the update, Hearts gained through streetpass are added to your second pool rather than the replenishable one. I thought it was pretty nice of them. : )

Indeed, I seriously love it. It makes me take my 2ds out to streetpass now, I don't get many and it's usually the same people but a heart or two each time is always nice :)

We don't know that for sure, for example mew said it was only to celebrate the release of shuffle. Will Mew come back? Who knows. The only thing we are sure is that the daily events tend to repeat themselves.

True, when I started Keldeo was out and there was no way I was catching/beating it in time.

I think they should add Hearts to the Heart Bank as you complete the early levels. 5 hearts for reaching level 10, 20, 30.

They give you jewels for that sort of thing which you're more than welcome to exchange for hearts

Syntsui

Imagine a rookie: ''what a bummer, these limited events are impossible without jewels. What a shitty crash grab pay to win this game is. *uninstalls and never plays it again''.

The rookie doesn't know the events might return, thinks the game is unfair and gives up on it. They need to do something to make it more attractive to new players. Victini is a step in the right direction.

Imagine a rookie: ''what a bummer, these limited events are impossible without jewels. What a shitty crash grab pay to win this game is. *uninstalls and never plays it again''.

The rookie doesn't know the events might return, thinks the game is unfair and gives up on it. They need to do something to make it more attractive to new players. Victini is a step in the right direction.

They don't need to do anything for new players, because the number of new players is and will forever be vastly lower than the current player-base.

Robin64

I don't know of any F2P style game that caters to new players in such a way that they can get old things. Events come and go, that's the nature of the beast. Sometimes there are revivals of old events, but you can't ever expect them.

daydream

Banned
I don't know of any F2P style game that caters to new players in such a way that they can get old things. Events come and go, that's the nature of the beast. Sometimes there are revivals of old events, but you can't ever expect them.

the only way to win is not to play

Chris1

So will each time you beat Giratina it goes up by one level? So 40 tries to get it to level 40?
If it's how I think it will turn out, it will only really be one try.

You fight Giratina and the stage starts out at level one, let's say you beat him in one match. He replenishes his health and is now on level 2, and so on, getting difficult each level. It's only one try, but you'll be "beating" him 40 times.

If it's how I think it will turn out, it will only really be one try.

You fight Giratina and the stage starts out at level one, let's say you beat him in one match. He replenishes his health and is now on level 2, and so on, getting difficult each level. It's only one try, but you'll be "beating" him 40 times.

You'll definitely need to use one heart per level.

Chris1

You'll definitely need to use one heart per level.
Yep you're right. "Each time you complete the stage, it levels up "

Didn't read Joe's properly at first just skimmed it. Hopefully the capture rates aren't too bad for the lower/middle tier stages, that actually kind of sucks since it sounds like it'll be a limited time event aswell.

In a way I like the sound of escalation battles, starts out easy and gets harder with a higher capture rate each time you beat it. I really like the idea behind that as it means even new players have a chance at capturing him, I'm just not sure if I like the idea behind locking that to limited time events too. I guess we'll see how it plays out come monday, probably a little bit too early to be looking for possible faults in it.

On the bright side, it seems like people who are at the end game with nothing to do will have a ton of content to go through next week, can't complain about that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, caught Victini with only one more left (guess I didn't need the +5 moves) & only 1 great ball.

Also DAMN, base attack of 80?! Wish I caught him last week. Oh well, least thanks to him, I now have a Lv. MAX Scyther.

Top Bottom