• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

A disruption delay seems like a chintzy reward for going through 50+ hearts. I'm hoping we're not forced to sludge through 35-40 levels just to have a decent % to catch it (but I'm guessing that will be the case)

The Escalation Battle sounds disappointing but at least it's something different.

From the looks of it, you get a reward every fifth level. Watch one of the rewards be a Jewel or one of those Mega Speed Up Candy.

Ah, Joe's quote here is different than what he posted on serebii, that makes it more appealing. If it's a potential reward every five with a grand prize at the end then I'm game.

Loptous

Just like I predicted, Combusken is used for the top players in Europe.
Also, I just used my excess money for Complexity -1 + Disruption Delay and managed to rank 37. : D

A disruption delay seems like a chintzy reward for going through 50+ hearts. I'm hoping we're not forced to sludge through 35-40 levels just to have a decent % to catch it (but I'm guessing that will be the case)

The Escalation Battle sounds disappointing but at least it's something different.
One of the worst possible scenario we could get is 1% base catch rate with no bonus for turns, and even with that, we would get decent odds around level 20. And I honestly don't think they'll get rid of the turn bonus.

Now if they increase the catchability every 5 levels, we could really get some crappy odds in the future, but I think they'll refrain from doing that on the first one.

Hegarol

WTF.

I fell off yesterday and TBH I'm lazy to try for a higher score.

But, hmm, if items can help that much...
It certainly does. I got pretty lucky though. The last 10k score was after the time was finished. And I have only MAX pokemon.
Using all items will definitely push you to a safe place, though not necessary Top 10 ;)

Chris1

WTF.

I fell off yesterday and TBH I'm lazy to try for a higher score.

But, hmm, if items can help that much...

If you only fell off yesterday, using items should guarantee you a spot. It should roughly double your score assuming you don't completely fuck it up.

LOLDSFAN

Finally got enough S ranks to unlock Genesect.

Lol might as well hold off on getting him until after this event. I'm probably going to have to throw all the items at it just to give me a fighting chance.
KuGsj.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Getting my team prepared for tomorrow. This should be good, right? A lv. 6 Banette, lv. 9 Gengar, lv. 9 Yveltal, & lv. 7 Haunter.

As for Venusaur, man, I can't believe how high I stayed. At 436 out of 120,000+.

It certainly does. I got pretty lucky though. The last 10k score was after the time was finished. And I have only MAX pokemon.
Using all items will definitely push you to a safe place, though not necessary Top 10 ;)

If you only fell off yesterday, using items should guarantee you a spot. It should roughly double your score assuming you don't completely fuck it up.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you reckon a DD will be enough? I have 60K coins, which is well enough for both, but I'm stingy and lazy to farm coins like I used to.

Plus I've been kinda busy in general and this time I don't really feel I *need* the Mega Stone unlike the previous times.

I'm not so much disinterested in the game, but the competitions are getting too bothersome for me, haha.

Looking forward to the new stages tomorrow : D

Syntsui

I'm at 18k at the moment. There is no way I can get a better score without Complexity Delay and I have no money. If I lose this I'll get really angry.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trying to remember, do you get a jewel as well if you rank & win a Mega Stone from the competitions?

I think I blew it. Used complexity -1 and DD, but my family were discussing things while I was playing and I couldn't concentrate at all.

Managed 17k, which puts me at 9500/10k.

Dunno if I'll make it...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, think I'm prepared for tomorrow. 40k coins, Gengar & Yveltal are now at Lv. MAX, and have 8 spare hearts thanks to the update & StreetPass.

Oh & I'll have a Mega Venusaur as well, so hopefully that'll come in handy for one of the stages.

Chris1

I think I blew it. Used complexity -1 and DD, but my family were discussing things while I was playing and I couldn't concentrate at all.

Managed 17k, which puts me at 9500/10k.

Dunno if I'll make it...

Aww :( To be honest if you have 60k coins I'd say go again and farm meowth. I think 500 in about 7 hours is a bit risky, but you could always try and wait it out and see how things go down. This is the first real competition without home spammers, so it's hard to say if you'll fall out or not.

For what it's worth, I have a score of 20160, and I'm currently ranked 4067/10k. That 20k score is weak though, it was literally my second try when i hadn't had time to practice and just went for it, with some practice and what not 22-25k ish should be possible. So if you do decide to go again, a score of even only 1-2k higher should put you somewhere in the ~6-7k rankings.

Syntsui

If 53 people do more than 14,4k in the challenge, I won't get the mega stone. What a fucking bummer.

I shouldn't have used the Complexity -1 on the first day. People surely maxed their teams with the Victini event and upped their game this weekend. What a punch in the stomach this event was =(

Rarutos

If 53 people do more than 14,4k in the challenge, I won't get the mega stone. What a fucking bummer.

I shouldn't have used the Complexity -1 on the first day. People surely maxed their teams with the Victini event and upped their game this weekend. What a punch in the stomach this event was =(

I'm in a similar position, I used my Complexity -1 and a Disruption Delay early on and got 14kish (which was pretty bad all things considered). I usually score well enough with items that I don't have to worry about not ranking but of course with the Victini thing happening I may have screwed myself out! Not sure if it's worth using the coins to try again.

Elija2

Phew, this thread reminded me that the Mega Venusaur competition is ending soon. I checked my ranking and I was close to being knocked off of the top 20k. Did it one more time and now I'm back to safety.

Syntsui

Well... I lost this stone. This can be considered the hardest event until now, considering the many incentives they gave you to have a good score which made it extremely competitive.

Loptous

Finished #55 in EU

And also :
One of the worst possible scenario we could get is 1% base catch rate with no bonus for turns, and even with that, we would get decent odds around level 20. And I honestly don't think they'll get rid of the turn bonus.
CALLED IT

Growlie19

Got my Venusaurite, beat Giratina twice, and beat the next three stages. Only caught Lickilicky so far. 70 power with Brute Force.

BooJoh

Escalation battles feel like a cheap way to make sure most people need a lot of hearts to catch the Pokemon, but they're not the worst thing they've done in this game so far (that award goes to Pinsir... for now.)

Pokemaniac

Escalation battles feel like a cheap way to make sure most people need a lot of hearts to catch the Pokemon, but they're not the worst thing they've done in this game so far (that award goes to Pinsir... for now.)

Yeah, Pinsir was definitely worse than this. Giratina is just a minor annoyance compared to that.

Razmos

Failed to get the Venusaurite. Ranked #11697. I absolutely hate how low the score threshold is for Europe.

Also it's a good thing I already stopped fucking caring about this game when the Regirock event came around. I thought maybe the Super Capture Rate and other cool additions might bring me back, but nope.

Fuck this game and its stupid difficulty curve, it's not fun any more.

Chris1

As someone who didn't like that they were dragging it out and not releasing many new pokemon, I feel this may be a better alternative. Gives new players a chance to catch him still while players at the end of the game also have something to do for longer than 5 minutes each week.

The only thing I was worried about was the capture rates, but they seem pretty fair.

Edit: It seems mega speedups are permanant once used

Top Bottom