• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Escalation battles feel like a cheap way to make sure most people need a lot of hearts to catch the Pokemon, but they're not the worst thing they've done in this game so far (that award goes to Pinsir... for now.)

It's really not that bad.

By 10 hearts used, if you win each time, about 44% of people will have already caught it, by 15 72% of people, by 20. 90% of people will have giratina and so on.

Of course it will suck if you're in that unlucky 10%, but that's no more than 2 days of shuffle playing anyway. Plus you can use great balls too to make it even easier.

edit: On the other hand, chesnaught can bugger off. Ugh

Chris1

That's not how you spell safari...

Safari was bad but you at least had unlimited tries. Pinsir was just bullshit, 4 tries and low catch rate. I'd take safari over pinsir any day.

I feel like i'm having the worst luck ever when it comes to capturing Giratina, on stage 11 and he's broke out everytime in the first shake :(

Pretty bullshit stage 198.

Used Complexity -1, Mega Start, Move +5 to attempt S ranking. Stage continuously refresh so I can never get a big combo. Used Mega Mewtwo. Protip: Dont use Mega Mewtwo.

Switched him out for Mega Lucario which worked better.

Only now when I beat him again with another set of those items, I lose out on a Great Ball at 86% 3 times in a row. WTF
So mad I ragequit.

Chesnaught is Expert Stage 22. Time limit 1:30.

Loptous

Safari was bad but you at least had unlimited tries. Pinsir was just bullshit, 4 tries and low catch rate. I'd take safari over pinsir any day.
I'm still not sure about that. 4 days is quite enough to prepare and build up coins.
On the other hand, not seeing Shapedo for 3 days straight drove me insane. And I also know someone who didn't see it until the very last day. On top of that, you can't even use coins at the beginning since you don't know what will appear.

BooJoh

I'm still not sure about that. 4 days is quite enough to prepare and build up coins.
On the other hand, not seeing Shapedo for 3 days straight drove me insane. And I also know someone who didn't see it until the very last day. On top of that, you can't even use coins at the beginning since you don't know what will appear.

But it's entirely possible to use multiple Great Balls at Max Catchability and still not get the Pokemon, so there's probably some unlucky fool out there who pumped tons of coins into Pinsir every day it was up and still didn't get it.

Aww :( To be honest if you have 60k coins I'd say go again and farm meowth. I think 500 in about 7 hours is a bit risky, but you could always try and wait it out and see how things go down. This is the first real competition without home spammers, so it's hard to say if you'll fall out or not.

For what it's worth, I have a score of 20160, and I'm currently ranked 4067/10k. That 20k score is weak though, it was literally my second try when i hadn't had time to practice and just went for it, with some practice and what not 22-25k ish should be possible. So if you do decide to go again, a score of even only 1-2k higher should put you somewhere in the ~6-7k rankings.
Ooh, I ended up 10,081 or something. Sucks I missed the stone, but I think I'll be okay without it.

I just hope it doesn't take too long to cycle back to Mega Venusaur.

Um, the Mega Lucario repeat wasn't a one-off, right? XD

Loptous

But it's entirely possible to use multiple Great Balls at Max Catchability and still not get the Pokemon, so there's probably some unlucky fool out there who pumped tons of coins into Pinsir every day it was up and still didn't get it.
Glitch? How does it not apply to Shapedo if that's the case?
But really, all I'm saying is that you're probably lucky if you saw it more than 4 times, and unlike Pinsir, you had no chance to prepare for it, which makes it a lot worse for me.

I wouldn't mind more safaris though, if the mons had the same appearance rate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Placed #723 for Mega Venusaur & captured Giratina at 5%. So if I keep playing, are there better rewards? Level 5 got me 1,000 coins. Guess I cuold see what beating Level 10 gets you.

Also yay free Mega Speedup, though not sure who I should use it on now. Gengar considering he only needs one & I can use him for future Giratina plays?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The info button gives you the list of rewards.
Ah, here we go.

Level 5: 1,000 coins
Level 10: 1 Distruption Delay
Level 30: 1 Mega Start
Level 50: 1 Mega Speedup

Weeelllpppp this is gonna take a while. Gotta love capturing a Pokemon that you can use against itself.

Edit: *Gets A rank on Blitzle, only 1 move short of a S rank*

*uses +5 Moves, beats the stage with 0 moves left*

Whhhhhyyyyyyyyy

Caught Giratina at level 15, so...

Heh, not bad for today.

This should come in handy for EX Mewtwo... Yveltal and Zoroark has too similar colours, and Giratina is a base 80.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, guess spending all that time to S-rank Blitzle was worth it, since I got a new EX22 stage (191 S-ranks).

Edit: Man, I REALLY wish there was a good Mega for fighting against Grass & Electric. Glalie isn't all that great, considering I have him at lv. 5, yet attack power is 70.

What I don't get is why Mega Speedup is the last reward...
It doesn't sound like it's better than Mega Start. .-.

Mega Speedup modifies that individual pokemon forever. As in, if you feed Mega Gengar a Mega Speedup, for the rest of your life it will take one less Gengar tile to activate its Mega evolution.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EX22 (
Chesnaught
) wasn't TOO bad with Mega Start & Distortion Delay. 16 seconds left with 21% catch rate.....caught first attempt. Base attack of 70.

Zeeman

Damn it, finished at 22150 and didn't have enough coins for another proper item run. I much preferred the Lucarionite non-timed event, I'm not great at the expert stages.

Caught Giratina at level 4.

It's getting harder. Still pathetic at level 9, but I can see that by level 50 it's going to be a right sod.

Teehee.

At level 23 it's still unusually easy. Anyone wanna bet that at the rear end it'd be a constant stream of disruptions that can't be easily removed, and it adds its own Pokémon to the mix? (Then again, someone probably got THAT far.)

SaintZ

so there's probably some unlucky fool out there who pumped tons of coins into Pinsir every day it was up and still didn't get it.
*raises hand*

Seriously, fuck Pinsir. It's the only pokemon I haven't captured :/ praying it gets added.

I'm in lvl 6 with Giratina but haven't gotten it yet.

LOLDSFAN

Mega Speedup modifies that individual pokemon forever. As in, if you feed Mega Gengar a Mega Speedup, for the rest of your life it will take one less Gengar tile to activate its Mega evolution.

Oh I didn't know it was permanent.

Gotta use it wisely I guess.

Placed in the 16000's for Venusaurite. Didn't want to use a Complexity-1 but I was knocked out of the top 20000 with my previous DD-only score so I ended up using both. Victini helped to level my team too.

Lickilicky's stage is so damn weird.

I used Lickitung but I agree the disruptions are so weird.

JoeM86

Yeah, and I don't quite get why. Doesn't it stop giving rewards after level 50? I'm sure everyone will have caught it by the time they get to level 50, so it can't be helping much of anyone to catch it when you get that high.

Gives Mega Speedup again at 100

Managed to catch Giratina at lv7.

1 less Gengar to activate mega sounds great for weekend meowth events.

It almost seems like a waste of Mega Speed Up on Gengar. To go from 11 matches to 10, worse case for either is that you still are forced to make x4 match 3s. Two match 4s and a match 3, no difference? So a single match 4 and two match 3s is the only combination it will impact outside of triggering his ability back to back. Try it out I guess and see if it's worth it.

Gives Mega Speedup again at 100

Oh my. You definitely should not have told me that.
Thanks though!
I can only imagine the number of coins I'll be spending around levels 90-100 just to make it to that Mega Speedup....

Unless the difficulty doesn't ramp up much beyond the first easy 20 that I've experienced so far.

Used my Speedup on Gengar right away, so it evolves in ten Pokémon now. Interesting thing I hadn't realised is that if you make a + or an L match, it counts one of the Pokémon twice. So if you match five Pokémon in a + shape, it counts them as two matches of three and so counts as six towards evolution.

So with that and one match of four, Gengar is evolved. Who needs Mega Start, eh?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
195 S-ranks unlocked EX23,
Delphox
. I'm guessing at 200, EX24 will unlock & it'll be
Greninja

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty bullshit stage 198.

Used Complexity -1, Mega Start, Move +5 to attempt S ranking. Stage continuously refresh so I can never get a big combo. Used Mega Mewtwo. Protip: Dont use Mega Mewtwo.

Switched him out for Mega Lucario which worked better.
Yeah, just attempted 198 & WTF. I'll have to use your advice & try Lucario instead.

Though starting to run out of coins (7,360). Might be time to start grinding Meowth again, or just give in & use both of my jewels for 6,000 coins. Was wanting to wait until I got a 3rd one for 10,000 coins.

Chris1

Yeah, just attempted 198 & WTF. I'll have to use your advice & try Lucario instead.

Though starting to run out of coins (7,360). Might be time to start grinding Meowth again, or just give in & use both of my jewels for 6,000 coins. Was wanting to wait until I got a 3rd one for 10,000 coins.

Just tried with mega lucario and I think it was worse than slowbro. Didn't use any items though.

Maybe mega aerodactyl + mega start will work best? I'm struggling to beat him without items too, Mega Gengar didn't work out that good either.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tried Mega Aerodactyl with just a Mega Start. I did a bit better, but the problem is he's not very effective & stops being useful after the blocks are all cleared.

Chris1

Just got my first super catch power on
chesnaught
. Went from 1% catch rate to 39%, holy shit I can get used to this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jeez, 198 is easily one of the most frustrating stages in the game. It's hard to find a balance between a Pokemon that's helpful at the beginning, but then isn't later on after the blocks are gone, & vice verse.

Tried Mega Lucario & +5 Moves. Got close, but still didn't clear. I have no idea how the hell I'm gonna S-rank it...

Also oh man, ANOTHER Mega Speedup for beating Giratina at Level 100?

Oh my. You definitely should not have told me that.
Thanks though!
I can only imagine the number of coins I'll be spending around levels 90-100 just to make it to that Mega Speedup....

Unless the difficulty doesn't ramp up much beyond the first easy 20 that I've experienced so far.

Yeah, definitely didn't need to know this, either. I haven't even touched the new stages yet because it's bad heart management to prioritize main/expert stages over time limited rewards (Even though 14 days is likely more than enough time, it's a good habit to maintain). Unless something changes, I'm going to hate the addition of Mega Speedups. For now, they're the stupid kind of scarce that you can't really afford to skip any of them, you don't really want to use them, and the effect is minor. A stupid, stupid item as it stands.

octopiggy

Just beat level 30 Giratina to get the Mega Start prize. It's been an absolute breeze so far but on level 30 the wooden blocks turn to ice blocks. I can just tell that this is going to become horrible.

SaintZ

Just beat level 30 Giratina to get the Mega Start prize. It's been an absolute breeze so far but on level 30 the wooden blocks turn to ice blocks. I can just tell that this is going to become horrible.
Eek! It's gonna turn into Milotic Part II but without Feebas to help you out isn't it.

And, once you get below 10...ish moves left, the timer gets set to freeze every turn eventually. (I think.) At least that's what I thought I saw going on. I just kept mindlessly making matches without paying attention. At least it is still easy enough to not require much thought.

Top Bottom