• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

There is a pretty big difficulty spike at level 40 that had me slightly worried. Still finished with 9 moves left (though I've been averaging 4-5 moves up to this point, so I guess it's twice as hard).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY beaten 198. Mega Slowbro seemed to work the best, as I cleared it with 8 moves left after Mega Start & +5 Moves. Sure hope doing it again, but with -1 Complexity gets me the S-rank.

OH WTF AT 199. My Mega Glalie is USELESS.

Chris1

FINALLY beaten 198. Mega Slowbro seemed to work the best, as I cleared it with 8 moves left after Mega Start & +5 Moves. Sure hope doing it again, but with -1 Complexity gets me the S-rank.

OH WTF AT 199. My Mega Glalie is USELESS.

Got extremely close to beating him without items, if my last mega ability wasn't so bad and only removed two pokemon I probably would have beating him. Second try I came very close again, but half my screen was covered in blocks and couldn't get any good combos going to clear them for the last 5 turns.

My team: Mega Mewtwo, Xerneas, Slowbro, Sigilyph. My Sigilyph is only level 1 too which only hurts me, but that's the best combo I've been able to find. This team has worked the best for me by far, I think I'll be able to beat him without items once I get a good stage/level up Sigilyph.

Edit: Third try I managed to beat him with my very last turn, no items used.

I must have done something to upset the gods of RND. I've done 29 levels of Giratina without catching it.

Well, if you manage to get to level 100, RNG is kind of moot, no?

I'm sure you'll get it soon, though. I had mine by 15, and am at 40 now. Will be doing 41 and later once I get my hearts back.

Finally got Giratina at level 29, glad I finally got my favourite Pokémon but it really took a bit too long for my taste. I really like the idea behind escalation battles though.

Fewr

Ugh, any tips for Doublade? I got really close yesterday and today it's a travesty....
I'm struggling with it too. I've got mega Lucario, groudon, ninetails, heatran.
Tried using klefki, but it starts using bronzor, then bronzong, then the single sword thing.

SaintZ

I had trouble with Duoblade too, just tried to brute force my way through it and got lucky (beat it with 0 moves left).

I'm at 50 hours with this game, which makes it my third-most-played 3DS game (behind Bravely Default and Pokemon X). The fact that I still have levels to S Rank and Expert Pokemon to capture has made this F2P game pretty good value.

octopiggy

I actually struggled level 50 Giratina - my first fail. I had to swap Zoroark out for Mega Banette which worked out better. If I'm struggling with level 50 I think I should stop here, level 100 seems like it would cost me all 80,000+ coins I've amassed.

I actually struggled level 50 Giratina - my first fail. I had to swap Zoroark out for Mega Banette which worked out better. If I'm struggling with level 50 I think I should stop here, level 100 seems like it would cost me all 80,000+ coins I've amassed.

Yeah... I'm going to put this level on the back burner after 50. All those Shaymin......

Surely at some point Mega Speedups will be offered in exchange for jewels? I want to give them money but I have nothing to spend it on at all, that would give me the chance to.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW, so Tangrowth suddenly became a lot easier once it decided to do its distortion of putting more of itself on the board to clear the frozen ones out. Didn't even need any items to S-rank it.

Now it's a matter of S-ranking & capturing Conkeldurr & Tyranitar (back to grinding for coins again....). Also on Stage Level 40 for Giratina. Need to figure out which Pokemon I should use the next two Mega Speedups on once I get them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW, Giratina is finally starting to get more difficult at Level 40. 2 columns of ice blocks on each side, then wooden blocks start falling as well, though eventually go away.

I fear what it's going to be like after 50....

What teams are people using to get past lvl 51? I've hit a wall and can't get past it. It's never the same, there's no pattern.

I can tell you that a team of three or adding Shaymin to your Dark/Ghost types don't work so don't waste your hearts.

Deathdealer108

Neo Member
This is my first post to NeoGAF ever (just got my account activated after much patient waiting). This thread actually got me to want to join the community.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips since February. This is easily the best discussion of Pokemon Shuffle I could find anywhere. As I have been a forced lurker for so long I wanted to thank a few people.

JoeM86 for all the early updates on new stages/competitions.

Loptous for just a ton of great strategies.

toysthatkills, Zonic, Lone_Prodigy, and many others for just reading through your guys trials and tribulations through many tough sections so I knew I wasn't the only one stuck.

Anyone find any stage Mega Venusaur is useful on yet? I'm happy I got the stone, but having a horizontal Lucario equivalent doesn't seem to be that great for many of the new stages. It was useless against Tyranitar.

Pokemaniac

So I'm finally starting to have trouble with Giratina at level 50. It starts adding Shaymin to the board and is doing that multiple disruptions at once thing now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only stage that Mega Venusaur was suggested when I do Optimize is on 200, which MIGHT work since it's the same Mega Effect as Mega Kangaskhan (clears columns left & right of it), but I think Lucario might work better because of the unbreakable blocks above & below you.

I will say for 200, BRING BRONZONG. Block Smash is seriously useful.

Edit: DO NOT USE MEGA VENUSAUR ON 200. Because of the blocks, you almost never have the chance to match vertically.

LOLDSFAN

Attempted Genesect since we have a free Mega Start and Disruption Delay. Also I had enough money for -1 Complexity and a Great Ball.

Finished with 1 second left and didn't catch him so that's 9000 coins and the free stuff down the drain. ;_________;

RiggyRob

WOW, Giratina is finally starting to get more difficult at Level 40. 2 columns of ice blocks on each side, then wooden blocks start falling as well, though eventually go away.

I fear what it's going to be like after 50....

It changes to more of a puzzle at 40. The left hand column drops unbreakable blocks, so you avoid that and focus on the right hand side.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, yeah, tried Level 50 & a huge difficulty spike occured. Couldn't even beat it with a Distortion Delay. Not sure if I want to use my Mega Boost since I was saving it for stages 198 or 200.

REALLY don't feel like coin grinding again when there's an event going on, but I might have to considering I've used my 40k coins.

Chris1

Yeah I'm stuck on stage 50 Giratina aswell, the difficulty jump is insane. Has anyone beaten it without items?

Once I get the speedup I'm done with this, don't think I can handle another 50 stages at this difficulty lol

Loptous

This is my first post to NeoGAF ever (just got my account activated after much patient waiting). This thread actually got me to want to join the community.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips since February. This is easily the best discussion of Pokemon Shuffle I could find anywhere. As I have been a forced lurker for so long I wanted to thank a few people.

JoeM86 for all the early updates on new stages/competitions.

Loptous for just a ton of great strategies.

toysthatkills, Zonic, Lone_Prodigy, and many others for just reading through your guys trials and tribulations through many tough sections so I knew I wasn't the only one stuck.

Anyone find any stage Mega Venusaur is useful on yet? I'm happy I got the stone, but having a horizontal Lucario equivalent doesn't seem to be that great for many of the new stages. It was useless against Tyranitar.
Ahah, you're welcome. ^^

Grass types aren't very great in this game. If we tiered them, they'd probably be really low with Dragon types. The worst being Normal.
I think it could have some use against Milotic for the old stages (though bringing Feebas is an already good strategy in itself).

Yeah I'm stuck on stage 50 Giratina aswell, the difficulty jump is insane. Has anyone beaten it without items?

Once I get the speedup I'm done with this, don't think I can handle another 50 stages at this difficulty lol
I'm stuck too. I've tried to think of some strategies involving a team consisting of Mega Banette + ghosts and Absol, but the mons I need are too low-leveled for this (two level 1 mons). I'll just go train them for now, and maybe report later.

Chris1

I'm stuck too. I've tried to think of some strategies involving a team consisting of Mega Banette + ghosts and Absol, but the mons I need are too low-leveled for this (two level 1 mons). I'll just go train them for now, and maybe report later.

Yep I've tried a bunch of combos with MGengar, MBanette, MSableye and even some with MAmpharos hoping I could clear the ice fast enough to no luck, I always end up locked in a corner unable to do much of anything.

I think I'll just use my free mega start/disruption delay on it and be done after my Mega Speedup, I don't think it's possible without using items or getting a shit ton of luck on your side. I would rather not but I don't think it's really possible without, can't really complain though, afterall we did get the items for free and 1-49 were ridiculously easy.

Edit: Yep, did moves +5, Mega Start & Disruption delay, beat the stage with 8 moves left. Team was MBanette, Yveltal, Gengar & Giratina

octopiggy

Just finished catching all the new pokemon and s-ranked them all except Chesnaught. There's no option for complexity -1 so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. I used Mega Glalie but maybe someone like Mega Aerodactyl would work better. It's a shame because it's the only s-rank I'm missing.

Going back to grinding coins now I think. I'm quitting Giratina at level 50 I don't think I could hit 100 even with items. There just isn't enough time/coins to do it. Maybe someone will discover a trick to it.

Pokemaniac

I beat level 50 without items, mostly through sheer luck. I think I may stop here, though. Someone tell me if it gets easier again later on.

Etria

Caught Giratina after beating Level 11. Reading about the difficulty spike around Level 50 makes me nervous anticipating it :p

hirokazu

Giratina goes from piece of cake on levels 1-49 to almost impossible without items at level 50. It's doable, and I got quite close once. But, nope. Got the prize at level 50, not touching it again.

I can't imagine anybody doing it to level 100 just to get another Mega Speedup, unless they're cheating or something.

Top Bottom