• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

Wait till I create google doc so we don't have to scroll through a long cat list of XY teams.
It also for compiling friend codes if you want to share it.

Guess there's nobody willing to make those hype trains for each versions :(
I admit, I have no idea how to make, or I'd done it myself...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This'll be available digitally on the 12th, right? Seems like a great candidate for the credit I got from FE & SMT. If so... Y version all day every day, as much as I like Clauncher.
Everyone should be using the credit on Senran Kagura though.

Anyways, as of yesterday, Team Both for me.

D-Pad

Don't know which version I'm getting so where my fellow #TeamEenyMeenyMinyMo members at let me see you THROW THEM HANDS UP!

Still #TeamFroakie tho.

The fuck is this "Charmander" talk? There's only one true choice for Kanto starter.

kkb.gif

Donphan = haters

Spiderduff

Will we have a friends list as well for this game so we can add each other? I want to have a plethora of people to battle and trade.

Oh and #TeamX and #TeamChespin!

Getting both version but playing mainly X.

Smo21

Team Y. Haven't played a pokemon since green on GBA. Hope I can find a way to get some of my favourites in Y. I've only really played gen 1 games but I do have a copy of soul silver. Can I use that to transfer to Y?

Insaniac

has there been any known changes to the IV/EV training system in this gen of pokemon? I never really did much EV training or breeding due to the sheer tedium of it, but if they change it to make it easier to track/understand i might try it more in this

Wichu

has there been any known changes to the IV/EV system in this gen of pokemon? I never really did much EV training or breeding due to the sheer tedium of it, but if they change it to make it easier to track/understand i might try it more in this

There's a new minigame that allows you to raise EVs without battling and also displays your EVs on a graph. I don't know if there's anything else.

Also reporting in for Team X.
I'm getting X physically, then probably downloading Y later on.

Shengar

and now we begin the countdown until it gets vandalized :p

Yeah, I think of that risk too. Maybe I just make it only accessible to me and let me handle the friend codes from PM :p

FAKE EDIT: I make it only-commentable to prevent vandalization. Just comment there or PM me to get your name and Friend Codes there.

Zoator

has there been any known changes to the IV/EV system in this gen of pokemon? I never really did much EV training or breeding due to the sheer tedium of it, but if they change it to make it easier to track/understand i might try it more in this

You can EV train by playing minigames to improve specific stats, instead of battling over and over again. In addition, you can see the current EVs for your pokemon in a chart.

As far as IVs go, they did say that there would be some way for you to access that information, but it sounds like you have to go to a guy who will inspect your Pokemon and tell you the IVs (or tell you a phrase that you can translate into IVs, possibly). Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like you can just look at them in the status menu right after you catch a Pokemon, which sucks.

hemtae

Blocked at work, summarize and give me a number!!!
Game Freak has really outdone itself this time, and Pokemon X and Y will be remembered as great transition point for the series’ transformation into an even more social, beautiful, and strategic game. Building on five generations of games, a digital menagerie of captivating creatures, and a wide range of diverse regions to explore, Pokemon X and Y proves this formulaic portable role-playing series can still deliver an innovative experience

L~A

Hmmm... tempted to give my friend code, but don't want to add just anybody.... but it'd be nice when looking for trade. Hmm...

Alright, I commented my name on. I'll be adding my Friend Code later, turns out the GF has my 3DS, and I have hers. Despite one being blue and the other red. :/

subtles

Yeah, I think of that risk too. Maybe I just make it only accessible to me and let me handle the friend codes from PM :p

FAKE EDIT: I make it only-commentable to prevent vandalization. Just comment there or PM me to get your name and Friend Codes there.

You could have put the link under an email tag. It would prevent non-members from messing with it as one would have to quote to see.

Shengar

I seem to be having difficulty actually adding my name to the Friend code sheet. Help?

Sorry I just make it only comment-able to prevent getting vandalized (like the one we have in VtaGAF thread >_>) so just hit me with PM or comment there and I edit it whenever I can.

You could have put the link under an email tag. It would prevent non-members from messing with it as one would have to quote to see.
Sound like a great Idea, I'll make a new one right away!
I'll keep that one for archiving purpose in case something bad happened.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I haven't seriously played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue, so I'm pretty excited about this one. I don't want to be "that guy", but is there a good list of differences between X and Y so I know which one to get?

Also, is it worth preordering? Any bonuses worth looking at?

Kouriozan

Also, I'm getting both but will give X to my bro until he is bored (and the Pokémon Bank is released) then I'll take it back.
So, #TeamXY I suppose ^^

zroid

Banned
I haven't seriously played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue, so I'm pretty excited about this one. I don't want to be "that guy", but is there a good list of differences between X and Y so I know which one to get?

Also, is it worth preordering? Any bonuses worth looking at?

there's a list of (known) Pokémon availability differences a page or two ago. generally that will be the main thing, although there might be some other stuff we don't know about yet.

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry, I'm typing this from my phone and can't check the whole thread, is there any news of when we should expect reviews to start showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom