• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenodudeX

Pretty lame that they are releasing so little new Pokemon. Thats like the main draw of each gen. I guess that's probably why they introduced mega evos to fluff it up a bit. Either that or they couldn't think up any more new ones.

lol, fuck that.

I just don't like the idea of missing out on entire stages of a Pokemon's evolution because i only pull it out once in a while. Maybe Magikarp was a bad example since a lot of people find him frustrating, but I think you get my point.

Pretty lame that they are releasing so little new Pokemon. Thats like the main draw of each gen. I guess that's probably why they introduced mega evos to fluff it up a bit. Either that or they couldn't think up any more new ones.

Another thing is that with each successive Pokemon game, new players are picking it up for the first time. There are kids who have never seen a Bulbasaur or a Lugia, so it's like hundreds of new Pokes for them.

pariah164

Late to the party, but GET HYPE.

tumblr_lsemkc0nwt1qetmqsst.gif

My body is Regigigas.

#TeamPkmnY
#TeamFroaking

SeZMehK

Hmm, I am torn on whether or not to use the Exp Share... I liked the whole training a pokemon individually but there are times when I over level due to not paying attention. Lol

Dr. Buni

Not to me, it isn't. Not now that we already have almost 700 mons :)

I just hope there's a hard mode like in Black/White 2. That would make it all better.

There isn't.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so i just read the joystick review and they said the pokemon cries have NOT been updated, and are all still the old 8-bit cries. Is this correct? People on here were saying all the cries were new or redone, yet other places say they arent?

Between that, HM's sticking around, and you still having to use the pokecenter pc to manager all your pokemon, I'm not sure this game is one I want to dive into :-/ I had my fill with BW2, the series has gotten to the point where the little things are really piling up and bugging me. I'm sure the itch will return though and I'll end up buying X.

I got to wonder who sits there at Gamefreak during the design phase and says "you know what, lets bring back that shitty PC and those terrible HM's! And while we are doing a whole redesign of all the graphics, lets tack on the old 8-bit sounds just for fun. Yeah that sounds like a good quality product".

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Hard Mode is pretty much turn off EXP Share.
Not really.

First of all -- it feels bad to have that option hanging over you all the time, and knowing that you can use it at any moment. Second of all it simply makes you less powerful rather than the enemies more -- which is much less fun.

Challenge mode made the game more interesting, adding new Pokemon for trainers and making the main game into an actual challenge at times. If I just wanted my levels to be lower I would have used Max Repel.

Zoator

I'm fine with the main quest being easy -- it always is. However, has there been any word on challenging side content like the Battle Subway in BW or the Pokemon World Tournament in B2/W2? Most of the reviews I read didn't go into much detail about these things, with a few just saying that the post-game content is a bit light compared to previous entries.

terrisus

Loved Pokémon Blue.
Pokémon Gold was alright, beat it, but never got into it the same way that I did with Blue.
In turn, loved Pokémon FireRed, but didn't really get into HeartGold much.

Skipped the next number of generations, figured I was fine with the first one.

Tried getting Pokémon Black to see if I could get back into the newer games.
Kind of lost interest after around 5 hours or so.

Going to give Pokémon X a shot though, and see if I can get back into the newer games again.
Here's hopinig.

cafemomo

ugh im considering doubling dipping and will probably get X when I pick up Y

a part of me just wants to play as the grill

I just don't like the idea of missing out on entire stages of a Pokemon's evolution because i only pull it out once in a while. Maybe Magikarp was a bad example since a lot of people find him frustrating, but I think you get my point.
I'm assuming many of us are Pokemon veterans. We've put in our time grinding! The new EXP share and EV training via minigames is the best competitive team building news to come out of these new titles.

Get hype, overworld trailer. Thanks to ARTPOP
Glo.Ri.Ous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom