• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I'm going to be waiting for the eventual Pokemon Z but I have some questions.

Can some one explain in detail how Mega Stones work?
Can you trade a Mega Stone?
you can Mega before you choose your attack on any turn and you transform as the first thing that happens that turn, after your move is selected. One Mega per battle per side.

Yes you can trade.

Linius

Poké experts, what nature would be better for Fennekin? I have Rash and Quiet. Or are they bad equally bad? :p

Oh and what Pokémon is a good HM slave? Struggeling on that issue.

Nexas

So I've put about 20 hours into X and I'm seriously considering picking up a copy of Y after work. Someone please call me an idiot and say this is a bad idea.

It's in the grass in route 6.
Notably, you can also catch the psychic cat and nincada there.
Thank you. I'm blind. I was looking at the list of pokemon up to this town and somehow glanced over him. I caught everything on route 6 accept Honedge apparently. (minus Audino.) Back tracking time.

Poké experts, what nature would be better for Fennekin? I have Rash and Quiet. Or are they bad equally bad? :p

im asuming modest is a good nature for it since its attacks are generally special based and people are saying pangoro is a good one but i also think bidoof and zigzagoon is also some good staple hmers

KHlover

Banned
Wow, Butterfree rocks. Just destroyed a Mega-Mewto Y with it. Butterfree Lv.35, Mega-Mewto Y Lv.50 (random online battle).

Started with Sleeping Powder.
Followed up with Plague.
2x Aerial Ace.
Mewto wakes up (~40% HP)
Mewto uses Aura Sphere, but my Butterfree survives somehow.
Anticipated this -> Sleeping Powder again.
Plague again.
Aerial Ace again.

->Dead.

All of my other Pokemon in that LV range get one-shotted, but Butterfree ROCKS!

LogouT

I bought a 3DS XL and Pokemon X today. Have played for about 2 hours.

I find it hard to navigate menus with the slider, it jumps and skips a bit. Somewhat frequently it also "locks" into moving downwards - scrolling through the menu until I touch the slider again. No problems using the d-pad.

Anyone else having these issues with Pokemon X/their 3DS? Or is there something wrong with my system?

Trey

Beat gym five. My thoughts on the game.

-Horde battles are atrocious. It does nothing interesting with the concept of facing several Pokemon at once.

-Lumoise City's camera fucks with you for too much. In,fact, the entire grid based structure of the movement in Pokemon is outdated and is holding the level design of the overworld back.

-The 3D is bad. It's not comprehensive at all, only appearing in very select overworld regions and in 1v1 battles.

-HMs are still used. It's even more glaring an issue when you are actually encouraged to roll with six Pokemon, but have to designate one spot to an HM slave or spread the generally useless in battle HMs among your party members.

+/-No difference in Pokemon encounters based on time of day. Seasons are gone all together. I don't miss it, but it's never great to lose features.

+EXPShare is an excellent feature, but it does trivialize the already small difficulty of a Pokemon game. But I'll take quicker leveling and less grind every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

+Wonder Trading and the online suite. It's really well integrated and makes me excited for the possibilities of trading and battling in the future, when the hardware can finally support such systems. We've come a very long way from link cables.

+The Pokemon distribution is fantastic. Every route has noteworthy Pokemon. The new Pokemon are pretty cool, too.

+The music is great. Gym Leader theme, Prof. Sycamore theme, Team Flare theme. Just, yes.

+The mini games are nice and the immersion of the Pokemon world is the highest its ever been. Changing clothes and being able to pick skin tone are much appreciated additions.

odd...I caught a wild evee(now an espeon) and it gets boosted exp, as if it was a traded pokemon is this something new?

Is it holding a lucky egg?

Linius

im asuming modest is a good nature for it since its attacks are generally special based and people are saying pangoro is a good one but i also think bidoof and zigzagoon is also some good staple hmers

Pangoro looks pretty bad ass. Guess he can learn moves like cut and strength? It's hard because there aren't much sources around that have the complete move pool for this gens pokémons.

Wow, Butterfree rocks. Just destroyed a Mega-Mewto Y with it. Butterfree Lv.35, Mega-Mewto Y Lv.50 (random online battle).

Followed up with Plague.
2x Aerial Ace.
Mewto wakes up (~40% HP)
Plague again.
Aerial Ace again.

->Dead.

You survived Aura Sphere because Butterfree is 4x resist Fighting and the other guy was an idiot for using it.

odd...I caught a wild evee(now an espeon) and it gets boosted exp, as if it was a traded pokemon is this something new?

if it was used in amie it should also get boosted exp

Pangoro looks pretty bad ass. Guess he can learn moves like cut and strength? It's hard because there aren't much sources around that have the complete move pool for this gens pokémons.

i know what u mean :p but yeah based on whatpeople are saying pangoro is ure go to hmer this time around( i really dont like the term slaving lol)

SuperSah

Banned

Followed up with Plague.
2x Aerial Ace.
Mewto wakes up (~40% HP)
Plague again.
Aerial Ace again.

->Dead.

You have Butterfree?

You notice I am trying to make a 6-man Moth army, so far with Vivillon and soon-to-be Burmey.

Where can I get said Pokeyman?

Revven

Super super early. I had him before challenging first gym; he was pretty common to appear, too, so just wander around in the first couple of routes for a few minutes.

Dang, I'm too far ahead to bother to go back, the thing would be too low leveled for me lol.

Trey

I would say Timid would be preferable, with Modest being an acceptable alternative.

Although Quiet or anything really is good enough for in-game.

Also, best HM slaves are Bidoof, Diggersby, and Pancham.

Daingurse

I feel so overleveled, wtf lol. Loving this game though, got the second badge yesterday and I'm in love with this fucking Tyrunt. Also this Exp share . . .

TopGunsunglasses.gif

Gonna take my time going through this one, the metagame isn't going anywhere!

Teknoman

Oh man...found two Helioptile...but I cant decide if I want to roll with one thats jolly, or another of the same level that seems to have a slightly higher sp. atk. Both are the same level.

Yeah, I've been using Pangoro and he's my main HM user. He can use Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and Surf (surprisingly).

Sadist

So two questions guys;

1) at what level should I use the sunstone on Helioptile? I gave him a spot on the team, but I'm wondering if its worth something. His stats are terrible. I heard that his evolved form is far better. Thoughts?

2) How long does it take for two Pokémon at the daycare to produce an egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom