• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Oh here's another funny story:

Just finished the fourth gym leader off. Travel out of town south to the "Badlands". My first Pokemon encounter? Shiny Gible. The catch? None of my Pokemon were at a point where I could weaken it without knocking it out and I had no good Pokeballs to cheese out a Hail Mary with.

g0aeb33ca.png

Roto13

2) How long does it take for two Pokémon at the daycare to produce an egg?

Every time you take 255 steps, there's a chance an egg will appear at the day care. What that chance is depends on how well the pokemon get along. If they "prefer to play with other pokemon" you'll never get one.

At least, that's how it has worked in the past.

Linius

Yeah, I've been using Pangoro and he's my main HM user. He can use Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and Surf (surprisingly).

Even surf? That's surprising indeed. But Cut, Strength and Rock Smash are good ones. I'll probably teach surf to my starter when I get there. Fly for the new birdy in this gen. Not sure what other HMs are coming though. Guessing Waterfall and flash maybe?

Teknoman

Just finished the fourth gym leader off. Travel out of town south to the "Badlands". My first Pokemon encounter? Shiny Gible. The catch? None of my Pokemon were at a point where I could weaken it without knocking it out and I had no good Pokeballs to cheese out a Hail Mary with.

g0aeb33ca.png

Damn...my condolences.

HigXx

Currently on Route 14, rolling with:

Chesnaught, Talonflame, Doublade, Amuara and Ampharos.

Somebody suggest me a good water type to fit in with my team please...

Sadist

Every time you take 255 steps, there's a chance an egg will appear at the day care. What that chance is depends on how well the pokemon get along. If they "prefer to play with other pokemon" you'll never get one.

Ah thanks.

Trey

g0aeb33ca.png

Not missing out on much to be honest. It barely looks different. Although I guess it could have been GTS bait.

Still though, that's rough.

g0aeb33ca.png

If it makes you feel better, Shiny Garchomp looks like crap.

QP3

Can you only have one pair going at a time? Or, What's the usual pattern for efficient breeding?

Linius

I used to ride my bike up and down the road till the daycare guy finally stepped out :p

i dont think it matters (just the overall quality) the ones u get from 5 staring unlimited runs produce about 5-6 hearts per cake

i am :p

also it seems u cant soft reset eggs?

For the love of god can i please have one lol? I refuse to continue my adventure without one. Modest or timid. Im ocd like that :/

Delio

So I have a few Fennekin eggs ready. I only have room on my friends list for like a few people so i'll be adding and deleting.

KHlover

Banned
You have Butterfree?

You notice I am trying to make a 6-man Moth army, so far with Vivillon and soon-to-be Burmey.

Where can I get said Pokeyman?

Route 1 :p
You'll find plenty of Caterpillar there^^

That's a new one to me. What does it do?

Type Bug.
Special
STR 20
ACC 100

According to the description it traps the opponent's Pokemon for 4-5 rounds, dealing damage each round.

Awesome attack, you receive it from the first Gym leader.

EDIT: Official English name is infestation. I just found it.
http://pokemondb.net/move/infestation

Roto13

Can you only have one pair going at a time? Or, What's the usual pattern for efficient breeding?

Only one pair at a time. (The daycare will only hold two of your Pokemon.) If you want to run the daycare like a pokemon mill, get a foreign ditto. Pokemon get along better if they're from different countries or whatever and ditto will mate with anything.

Once you have two pokemon that get along, just run around until eggs appear. It's pretty simple.

Raxious

So, even though you get Aggron in X and Tyranitar in Y,
it seems you can only get Aggron's mega stone in Y, and Tryanitar's stone in X.
. Seems they really want people to trade

Sadist

Man Helioptile has some terrible stats at lvl 28. Wonder if I should keep going because I don't know about future moves he'll learn...

Anilusion

Where is the guy that can change pokemon's nicknames? Got a perfect attack IV ditto that I want to name so I can remember which one it is.

edit: nvm found him, he's in the town after "paris".

KHlover

Banned
Duh! How'd I forget?!

Idk, they aren't that common (maybe ~10-20% spawn chance?). And why does no one tell me the name is indeed CaterPIE ? I look like a fool :(
And they are found in the forest which I incorrectly assumed to still be a part of Route 1. smh, I don't seem to get anything right this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom