• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Tyrantrum trainers,

I'm starting to Super train this thing and am going with Max Attack, but stumped as to what I should max second. Any ideas?

-Horizon-

So my son has heart gold, and has some pokemon all the way from the gba games. We do not have black and white. It sounds like we'd have to have black and white to transfer those pokeman to black and white, then into X and Y so he could have them. Is that a good assessment of what would be required?
Yeah, BW and BW2 (gen 5) are the only ones that can connect to PokeBank other than XY of course.

are sky battles worth doing? didn't have a flying pokemon with me when i saw a trainer asking for one.

you get anything or are they just same old trainer to dick around with?

Berordn

Who said that? Heard nowt but good things. Feels like what they were trying to pull off with that hideous amalgamation of sprites and low-quality 3D models in BW.

I'll say it - Luminoise sucks. The camera's awful and trying to adjust it makes me move in the direction I'm trying to angle the camera toward and I'll end up going in and out of the same building five times because of it.

The controls just weren't made with a 3D space in mind. It's prettier than Castelia though, I'll give you that.

I'll say it - Luminoise sucks. The camera's awful and trying to adjust it makes me move in the direction I'm trying to angle the camera toward and I'll end up going in and out of the same building five times because of it.

The controls just weren't made with a 3D space in mind. It's prettier than Castelia though, I'll give you that.

i like what they tried to do with it but it is really hard to navigate at times :/

emb

Absolutely. Awful, awful execution of the idea. Castelia as least worked. Lumiose is a broken mess.

Roto13

Braxian is juuuuuust humanoid enough to make Pokemon-Amie kind of creepy.

I love the way water runs off your bottom screen buttons if you battle in the rain.

Clefargle

Woke up yesterday and started glittering cave. First poke I ran into was a mawile, I tried to catch it but ran out of great balls....grrrr. So I grinded that shit over and over for almost 2 hours before I found another one...And it had hyper cutter instead of intimidate. Ffffuuuuuu....

OceanBlue

Rotating the camera in Lumiose is really easy though. You just press left or right on the D-pad twice and it turns the camera 90 degrees.

Jinjo

Just landed an adamant female bulbasaur through GTS, cost me a goldeen lol. Gonna breed that one like crazy. I'll report back later. :)

Sorian

Banned
Got a Haunter through wonder trade last night and it immediately evolved into a gengar. It's also a great nature, only issue is the guy nicknamed it YOLO. Well whatever, will still be a member on my team once I finally get my second badge.

-Horizon-

Braxian is juuuuuust humanoid enough to make Pokemon-Amie kind of creepy.

I love the way water runs off your bottom screen buttons if you battle in the rain.

lol first part

And second part I've only had sandstorm effects so far. Next version better have dynamic weather for routes and towns.

Berordn

Rotating the camera in Lumiose is really easy though. You just press left or right on the D-pad twice and it turns the camera 90 degrees.

Unless you're already moving, and then you'll move diagonally - typically in a direction the camera wasn't facing. I would have probably liked it if they just made L/R into camera control.

trixx

Got a Haunter through wonder trade last night and it immediately evolved into a gengar. It's also a great nature, only issue is the guy nicknamed it YOLO. Well whatever, will still be a member on my team once I finally get my second badge.

i wonder traded a bunch of haunters but damn that's a great idea. Trolling with nicknames

KHlover

Banned
Why do i keep getting random online battles with trainers who have all six pkmn on lvl50? Is their level capped? Mine don't get upgraded to 50 :/

QP3

FC: 3024-6128-8959

Haven't started breeding, but will have froakies and charnanders and looking for the other starters first. Add me and pm if interested!

Azure J

OK, riddle me this. I'm at the fourth gym currently and looking to fix some movesets a bit. Are there any good special offensive Fairy or Psychic type TMs I can stick my Gardevoir with at this point? Also, when does Sludge Bomb become available?

So I'm going to be waiting for the eventual Pokemon Z but I have some questions.

Can some one explain in detail how Mega Stones work?
Can you trade a Mega Stone?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Who said that? Heard nowt but good things. Feels like what they were trying to pull off with that hideous amalgamation of sprites and low-quality 3D models in BW.

Plenty of people. It's just a pain in the ass to navigate. It definitely would've helped if 1.The whole place was continuous and 2. the camera was zoomed out a bit more. It's irritating when you end up inside a building when all you wanted to do was read the sign outside of it. I basically agree with all these people here.

i like what they tried to do with it but it is really hard to navigate at times :/

Absolutely. Awful, awful execution of the idea. Castelia as least worked. Lumiose is a broken mess.

OK, riddle me this. I'm at the fourth gym currently and looking to fix some movesets a bit. Are there any good special offensive Fairy or Psychic type TMs I can stick my Gardevoir with at this point? Also, when does Sludge Bomb become available?

You get a really good one in the fairy gym.

pizza dog

Banned
So I'm going to be waiting for the eventual Pokemon Z but I have some questions.

Can some one explain in detail how Mega Stones work?
Can you trade a Mega Stone?

...why don't you just check GameFAQs or some shit right before Z comes out then?

I don't know if there's some store or formal process to it, but 6 gyms in I've gotten them for my gen 1 starter when I picked it, Lucario when I got him, and then one for Gengar and one from Ampharos just by talking to random people out in the world.

What route can you catch Litleo?

Super super early. I had him before challenging first gym; he was pretty common to appear, too, so just wander around in the first couple of routes for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom