• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

I'm going to assume I'll destroy the second gym? My team is:

Lv 39 Chestnaught
Lv 38 Greninja
Lv 34 Charmeleon (I plan on evolving this guy first)
Lv 25 Snorlax
Lv 24 Tyrunt

mgcastro

Got Y version today, my bro is playing it, already got the Torchic. We're enjoying it so far. The transition into 3D has been great if you ask me.

Azure J

delphox_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qh9rn.png

I think someone called dibs on this avatar?

Don't remember who it was though.

Whoa, that's awesome. Same goes for the Gardevoir sprite. I can't believe I forgot how good 'voirs are man. I'm seriously having the most fun I've had since OG Silver version with a "main campaign team" right now:

Jolteon - Lv. 42 (Modest - Max SpA & Speed)
Gardevoir - Lv. 40 (Modest - Max SpA & Speed)
Blaziken - Lv. 45 (Jolly - Max Atk & Speed)
Greninja - Lv. 43 ( - Mixed Atk, SpA & Speed)
Venusaur - Lv. 40 (Modest - Max SpA & Speed) [I might replace it with a Ferrothorn though]

With a Hawlucha HM slave that may get swapped for a Dragon between Dragonite, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Noivern, or Dragalge. I'm loving this.

Elija2

The people at the Pokemon Center wished me a happy birthday and it played a remix of the Pokemon Center music. That's a nice touch.

Ultimadrago

Jolteon - Lv. 42 (Modest - Max SpA & Speed)
Gardevoir - Lv. 40 (Modest - Max SpA & Speed)
Blaziken - Lv. 45 (Jolly - Max Atk & Speed)
Greninja - Lv. 43 ( - Mixed Atk, SpA & Speed)
Venusaur - Lv. 40 (Modest - Max SpA & Speed) [I might replace it with a Ferrothorn though]

Dem Natures. Looks like a beast team.

Anybody know if the Pikachu family's Speed has been buffed in this game? Or at least Raichu's?

Because I just used a Reset Bag on my Raichu and his Speed was left at 94. He's level 37 with a quirky nature. Afterward, I used a Gen V stat calculator and even if its IV was 31, the Speed of a level 37 Raichu with a neutral nature and no EVs should be only 90 (its highest IV is Attack at 23, btw).

GamerSoul

I finally got Corsola. You need a Super Rod and it's at level 35. So happy. Even though it's weak, I love it.

Awesome, awesome. I use to love using Corsola back when I had crystal version. It was one of my mains in that game. Brings back good memories. I'm going to use Umbreon on my main team, another one from my crystal version days :)

Damn caught Xerneas with only one ultra ball, easiest legendary battle ever.

Don't get the point of the ridiculously tall homeless looking man though.

Argh I've got pokemon in my pocket but I have to go do thanksgiving bullshit for the next fucking forever. I WANNA FUCKING CATCH THEM ALL GOD DAMMIT

Growlie19

About to challenge the 7th gym. My team is as follows, all level 50:

Greninja with Smack Down, Substitute, Surf, and Extrasensory.
Raichu with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Double Team, and Dig.
Charizard with Flamethrower, Fly, Shadow Claw, and Slash.
Florges with Wish, Dazzling Gleam, Petal Blizzard, and Armoatherapy.
Gogoat with Return, Horn Leech, Bulldoze, and Bulk Up.
Dragalge with Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Surf, and Camouflage.

Now that Dragalge is finally caught up, I turned off the Exp Share. Can't wait to actually have a challenge.

Caladrius

I feel like I never use my megas.

You might (big might) need it near the end. The game is easy enough that you rarely have to resort to them. I'm thinking of retiring my Venusaur for a HM slave soon. My doublade, Talonflame and Heliolisk all have moves that do its role anyway. (iron head for fairies, flame charge for grass types and grass knot for ground types respectively) and even with its SpA boost from Megaevolving the thing can't out damage any of my other pokemon even though they're lower leveled. The thing is tanky but I rarely have to stall and Aegislash can do it with a better typing. Pity considering I like the bulbasaur line.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is this fool seriously rolling with six magikarps? :lol

Tirod

I think I'm going insane, over 60 resets and no modest squirtle....

I know your pain full well.

It took me ages of soft resets to get the Bold Squirtle I wanted, and even then I wasn't too happy with its HP. Ate the bullet and just took it when I realized I spent 2 and half hours going for said nature.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'm in love with the rain that happens right after going through
the Zubat cave
. It also rains during battles there, and even the bottom screen gets wet.

This is my GOTY, no doubts about it. Minding my own business, catching some mons, then being asked to fight by another player in the other side of the world, that's what these games are about: having a wonderfully good time.

Thinking about it, this game is handing out mons like candy, right? I've only played for 15 hours, haven't even reached the second gym yet and my pokedex shows I've already got 65 creatures (counting evolutions, of course), two of which I got thanks to Wonder Trade. And that's not counting the Abra and Smeargle I failed to capture, and I couldn't find again in the wild (hopefully I will soon).

So a few things in Snowbelle City:

I think I found Shauna's dad. It's nothing really interesting though.

I found the guy who teaches Keldeo Secret Sword and Meleotta Relic Song.

There's someone in a house that when you ask them to play their song, it's the Jubilife City theme for D/P/Pt. Someone else does something similar in Coumarine City who plays Unwavering Emotions for BW/BW2

Roto13

I like how the area near the daycare seems to have been specifically designed for wandering back and forth to hatch eggs. Such a nice view.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Man, all of the online stuff is so great. I got an Eevee from wonder trade and a Ditto from GTS, and now I've been hatching like crazy to boost my roster. You can get some good stuff just by having the first gen starters.

Current team:
Gengar lv. 27
Wartortle lv. 29
Charmeleon lv. 32
Ivysaur lv. 29
Pikachu lv. 28
Riolu lv. 19

Pikachu is out as soon as I find a thunder stone to get a Jolteon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom