• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Is there an easier way to get a reset bag? Holy fuck I can't get one through the random punching bag shit. I'm tryna reset my Aegislash's ev's and do them right. 252 HP/Atk is the best way to go?

Casanova

Ok, so I am new(ish) to Pokemon and I would like to know how I can tell if a wild Pokemon is shiny in X and Y?

Also, is there any way to tell if there is a high chance of particular Pokemon in certain patches of grass and/or areas? If not, how in the hell am I supposed to know how and where catch them all!?

After not playing since 2nd Generation, I am so overwhelmed right now. I am having a lot of fun, but I am still very very overwhelmed.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ok, so I am new(ish) to Pokemon and I would like to know how I can tell if a wild Pokemon is shiny in X and Y?

Also, is there any way to tell if there is a high chance of particular Pokemon in certain patches of grass and/or areas? If not, how in the hell am I supposed to know how and where catch them all!?

After not playing since 2nd Generation, I am so overwhelmed right now. I am having a lot of fun, but I am still very very overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed is good. :3

Jintor

Man, i don't mind that I can't nickname pokemon who've already been nicknamed, but at least let me rename pokemon that haven't :(

Loco4Coco

A shiny pokemon will have a different color scheme from it's original counterpart and there's no way to tell if there's a high chance of a certain pokemon will be in certain grass/areas but if you check the pokedex it will tell you where the pokemon are located.

ryan13ts

Does anyone have a spare ditto they wouldn't mind parting with? I'm seriously in need of one for breeding (I've got a few starters and other goodies, but they're all male =X)

I've got various stuff for trade. Also, anyone with a spare Skrelp would be amazing too ;)

Does anyone have a spare ditto they wouldn't mind parting with? I'm seriously in need of one for breeding (I've got a few starters and other goodies, but they're all male =X)

I've got various stuff for trade. Also, anyone with a spare Skrelp would be amazing too ;)

Also looking for one, although I don't have a whole lot for trade. :/

M3z_

Took me over an hour, but finally got an adamant Gible. Also was lucky enough to get an adamant gollett. How can one say no to a giant ghost robot that gets STAB with earthquake?!

LegoArmo

i have a spare froakie and fennekin and i can breed some chespins

Thanks man, I already acquired the 3 from this generation from some helpful GAFers, and I chose Charmander as my second in game, so mostly looking for Squirtle and Bulbasaur now.

When I get to the breeder I'll start a Fennekin factory, which should help as trade fodder.

Casanova

A shiny pokemon will have a different color scheme from it's original counterpart and there's no way to tell if there's a high chance of a certain pokemon will be in certain grass/areas but if you check the pokedex it will tell you where the pokemon are located.

Will a wild shiny Pokemon also have a "sparkle" effect when it is first seen in the battle animation? Similar to how a shiny Pokemon is seen when coming out of a Pokeball?

neohwa

Will a wild shiny Pokemon also have a "sparkle" effect when it is first seen in the battle animation? Similar to how a shiny Pokemon is seen when coming out of a Pokeball?

Ok4kdE0.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
are there any good places to train Skrelp around the 6th gym? Mines lvl 36 and the only pokemon strong against fairies, but it's not high enough level

I basically used the 6th gym to level it up. Assuming you haven't finished the gym yet, did you try using it against the trainers there?

Thanks man, I already acquired the 3 from this generation from some helpful GAFers, and I chose Charmander as my second in game, so mostly looking for Squirtle and Bulbasaur now.

When I get to the breeder I'll start a Fennekin factory, which should help as trade fodder.

actually i also have squirtle as well which i can breed if u want

jackal27

Banned
I am having the WORST time picking a team in this game. With over 700 pokes, I want to have a unique team of guys I've never used before, but I'm like terrified to step outside of the 10 or so that I've always used, haha.

actually i also have squirtle as well which i can breed if u want

Could I also ask a Squirtle from you? I'm missing him and Bulbasaur, myself. Have quite a few evolves Pokemon that I'll trade in return. (Have been desperately trying to fill my Pokedex. Gotten pretty far--120 Central, 75 Coastal, 45 Mountain.)

Ibuki

Banned
Does anyone have an extra Vanillite? I can give you a Charmander for it, almost any nature.

EDIT: GTS didn't fail me, got a Vanillite. :)

Ferga

How do you tell a Pokemon's IV? That's it's base stats right? Where does it show that?

No way to know for the new pokemon right now.

For old gen pokemon, you can get a rough estimate by googling IV calculators online. If you have some rare candy, it'll make it more accurate

Catch/breed pokemon- enter stats into calculator - use rare candy - enter new stats - get rough estimations on IV

You can check your highest IV by looking at pokemon characteristics and your lowest IV by going to the IV checker in
Kiloude city pokecentre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom