• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any proof for this or just assumptions? Lots of shinines popping up but lots of people playing it too.
/continuing my streak of 0 shinies 40+ hours in..

im not really sure honestly but it definitely does feel like they have increased the likelyhood of running into one heck my friend ran into a shiny scraggy fairly early in game as well i guess there is still a bit of a luck factor

Sagitario

Quick question: does the trainer ID change every time the save file is reseted/deleted or is it unique to the cartridge (meaning, the same cart will always produce the same trainer ID)?

This is the Generation where Mr. Mime became the Destroyer of Worlds. Dark Type? Fuck you. Fighting type? Fuck you. Bug type? Flamethrower. Flying type? Thunderbolt.

Some top tier experimentation is going to happen with this guy, watch this space.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
What do I have to do to be stylish enough for the Lumiose Boutique?

My theory is that everything you do in the city adds up in points until you get enough. Everyone seems to have different things that finally allow them in to the boutique. I couldn't get in until, for some reason, cutting my bangs triggered it.

Does anyone have a Dratini they could trade me? I can offer:
Fennekins
Growlithes
Noibats
Froakie's
Charmanders
Torchics

Just ask me an I will breed them ASAP

ALSO does any one know if eggs hatch at the same rate running as they would using skates?

My theory is that everything you do in the city adds up in points until you get enough. Everyone seems to have different things that finally allow them in to the boutique. I couldn't get in until, for some reason, cutting my bangs triggered it.

for me its been fight some of the alley way trainers/ talk to alexa/ do the 1-2 star restaurants and talk to people in a number of cafes

How does that work? I thought it was random

i was being stupid lol

macklelol

Does anyone have a Dratini they could trade me? I can offer:
Fennekins
Growlithes
Noibats
Froakie's
Charmanders
Torchics

Just ask me an I will breed them ASAP

ALSO does any one know if eggs hatch at the same rate running as they would using skates?

yo I got a dratini, I'll take a charmander for it.

Ferga

So how does wonder trading matchmaking work? Any experimentation done on it yet?

Will wonder trading a bunch of level 1 failed breedings (axews, starters etc..) make me get more caterpies and bunnerbys?

What's everyone's read on Malamar? Worth breeding for a Modest or Timid specimen? I don't even know what it learns. I see that Inkay starts with Foul Play at the puny level of 15 or so. Is Malamar actually physical-based?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
for me its been fight some of the alley way trainers/ talk to alexa/ do the 1-2 star restaurants and talk to people in a number of cafes

I was told to go into every cafe, so I did that. Then I did all the jobs in the hotel, went to the one and two star restaurants, and got my bangs cut. (I had also cut/dyed my hair before). Oh, and I went to the art museum. Not sure what all is involved in the triggers though.

So how does wonder trading matchmaking work? Any experimentation done on it yet?

Will wonder trading a bunch of level 1 failed breedings (axews, starters etc..) make me get more caterpies and bunnerbys?

its just all random preety much get matched with anyone there doesnt seem to be any sort of matchmaking process other than two people needing to be in it lol

I was told to go into every cafe, so I did that. Then I did all the jobs in the hotel, went to the one and two star restaurants, and got my bangs cut. (I had also cut/dyed my hair before). Oh, and I went to the art museum. Not sure what all is involved in the triggers though.

yeah i went to the museum as well :p i guess its just do as much as u can in the city hahaha

It's completely random.

But you're still probably gonna get monkeys.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What's everyone's read on Malamar? Worth breeding for a Modest or Timid specimen? I don't even know what it learns. I see that Inkay starts with Foul Play at the puny level of 15 or so. Is Malamar actually physical-based?

Base 80/100/90/70/60/70 (from Smogon)

So yeah, more physical based.

Loco4Coco

Malamar is actually physical-based,so your best bet is to get a Adamant or Jolly nature with Contrary ability.

Drago

I just had an epiphany in my insomnia

I can use Gamefly to rent out Pokémon X and blaze through it to get the X exclusive Mega Stones at no cost to me.

!!!

ramyeon

This is all I did to get in:

Hair cut.
1 and 2 star battle restaurants.
Went to every cafe once.
Juice shop.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
A few minutes ago, I put an Eevee into Wonder Trade and got a monkey. Since then, I've just repeatedly put up whatever junk my partner gives me. Just got my sixth monkey.

I realize I'm not helping at this point, but it's amusing to see just how many monkeys are being swapped. As I'm typing this, I got another one. Traded a Pansage for a Panpour.

Jintor

God bless Quick Balls

No more faffing around with false swipe and all that other nonsense. Quick ball to the face and GTFO.

So are there any trash cans in this game that aren't empty? I always get my hopes up, expecting something along the lines of a Rare Candy. But nope. All empty. :(

are there any good places to train Skrelp around the 6th gym? Mines lvl 36 and the only pokemon strong against fairies, but it's not high enough level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom