• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

I was all for Y until the
Charizard X
reveal. First time in Pokémon history I'm making a last minute change. So yeah, X for me, unless they announce something crazy for Y in the next few days.

Starter-wise, I'm not entirely sure. I just know I need a Charmander on my team.

It feels like it was only yesterday that I was looking over the leaked 5th gen spritelist and picking my team half a year in advance. I'm not quite as hyped for Gen VI as I was for previous games, but Pokemon is my gaming comfort food so I'm powerless to resist buying this.

Getting Y for Spritzee and Yveltal, but I'm trading for a Clauncher as soon as I can.

#teamchespin

EDIT: OP may want to include a Googledoc for people to edit in their Friend Codes, like we've done for previous Pokemon games. Although our profiles have a space for 3DS FCs nowadays.

one_kill

If there is word, it's probably out of bounds in this thread :lol
Ah I guess

I didn't want to spoil myself with the leaks after knowing the final evolutions of the three starters, but I wanted to know if there is post game content and what it is lol

Arla

Anyone know if they're holding midnight launches in LA? Though a place closer to Long Beach would be better.

Cheska

Anyone know if they're holding midnight launches in LA? Though a place closer to Long Beach would be better.

I'm sure more than a few Gamestops will be. My local one up here in the Bay Area is holding one, so I'd imagine LA to be the same.

upandaway

I know barely anything about the games besides the basic stuff and the new Pokemon. Preordered both X and Y, so excited.

I'm guessing the wait for the delivery will be around 2 weeks if I'm lucky :( oh well. Should arrive at least before AA5. I'll join you guys the second it's here.

Growlie19

So close, yet so far(fetch'd). It's going to be a very long week starting tomorrow. As long as we're sharing FCs, here's mine: 0473-8103-8668.

Arla

I'm sure more than a few Gamestops will be. My local one up here in the Bay Area is holding one, so I'd imagine LA to be the same.

I'd rather not have to go to GameStop and if I do I at least wanna go to the one at Citywalk so I can make a night of it.

Avixph

Can somebody please make a neat and organized official spoilers thread with all the info posted in this thread and the leaks/ rumors thread? also post a link.

gazele

Banned
Crap, didn't know digital was midnight eastern, I may download Y that night and pick up X in the morning, that's crazy though right?

Also, dumb question, but could I in theory trade from a physical X to a downloaded Y on the same 3DS? I'm guessing not

Shengar

Yarr.

Although I won't be using Squirtle. I'll keep my team strictly Kalos.

I'm actually consider that too since I actually want to pick Bulbsaur. I guess I'll just boxed it in and do All Kalos run :p

Crap, didn't know digital was midnight eastern, I may download Y that night and pick up X in the morning, that's crazy though right?

Also, dumb question, but could I in theory trade from a physical X to a downloaded Y on the same 3DS? I'm guessing not

That sounds like selfcest, so no.

I've never played a Pokemon title before, but I'm intrigued. Would I be totally lost?
You are seriously missing out.

The universe is so blissfully delightful. It's imaginative and badass and incredibly unique.

The core game is untouchable too.

It is seriously such a significant slice of gaming as a whole that every fan of the industry would be doing themselves a huge disservice to not check out at least one game. And X/Y look to be the best ones yet!

gazele

Banned
Not really, I will do almost exactly the same. Oh well, maybe we ARE crazy.
That would impossible unfortunately.

Glad to see someone else might do it to, I'm mountain time so 10 pm here, but it'll probably take like 3 hours to download, so I'm wondering if it's worth doing

Shengar

I've never played a Pokemon title before, but I'm intrigued. Would I be totally lost?

Of course not. There is no such thing like late to the party with Pokemon. If you interested just with the game, then you can easily jump from any instalment, though I clearly recommend the latest one (that will come out 8 days later).

Teknoman

Do we have a spreadsheet/google doc for friend codes yet?

Also can PR videos be sent to online friends or is it just street passes?

Morokh

#Team X because mega charizard :p

Not sure about the starters, it's the first time I find them all very bad.

I just really hope they did not go cheap on post-game content and stupid on online battle modes ....

Was surprised to see the OT but then I realised... It's only one more week o_O

I'm in TeamY BTW - can't believe the wait is almost over!

Dr. Buni

Glad to see someone else might do it to, I'm mountain time so 10 pm here, but it'll probably take like 3 hours to download, so I'm wondering if it's worth doing
I think it is! Having the game permanently on your 3DS will be a good thing too.

The leaks thread is perfectly fine, why make another? In 8 days we will be allowed to talk about the anything spoiler here anyway (I think?).

I'm getting Y and starting with Fennekin. My partner is getting X and starting with Froakie.

I want to complete the Pokedex this time. I was really close in Black 2. After the game comes out if anyone wants to trade I'm all in, but give your guys fun nicknames.

Hedge

What's the purpose of friendcodes in pokemon? Exchanging pokemon only? Or was it like Black/White 2 with the alley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom