• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

My body has never been more ready. I sail off on a cruise on the 13th... I will have Pokemon X with me.

#teamFroakie

Can someone explain something to me? First time I've looked at a type chart in a long time, why the fuck do Grass and Bug type pokemon get such a short end of the stick when it comes to weaknesses? It's bullshit.

Kiryu

Excuse me, what? I had no idea that that was a spoiler until you did that ;_;

Can we just stop talking about spoiler altogether? I don't want to have to abstain from posting here for an entire week.
It's Braxien. Didn't know if it's spoiler for you or not.

vareon

I can't imagine how much a nightmare it is to release a game simultaneously, worldwide, in 8 languages in a single package.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh shit, it is only a week away now, HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

Getting this as a birthday gift to myself, but as a #TeamY member I find myself on the brink of defecting to #TeamX at the last second. I've already silently decided I'm picking Froakie over Fennekin, but man, Clauncher, Mega-two X and Mega Charizard X? I can't

PLEASE GF PULL A G/S AND LET ME GET A STRONGER YVELTAL IN X

DigitalOp

Banned
Yes, I can feel it. The hype is flowing through me.

blastoise9ak3p.gif

Team X

PROPER GIF IS PROPER

MY BDAY WILL BE GLORIOUS. GLORIOUS!

#TeamFroakie
#TeamSquirtle
#TeamTyrantrum
#TeamX
#TeamTeam
#TeamFuckYoCouch

Can someone explain something to me? First time I've looked at a type chart in a long time, why the fuck do Grass and Bug type pokemon get such a short end of the stick when it comes to weaknesses? It's bullshit.

It could be worse. Rock type alone has 5 weaknesses, the most individual type weaknesses tied with Grass I believe.

But am I missing something? What do they get to balance it out?

Well Grass at least gets to be one of Water's two weaknesses (and it's arguably the best pound-for-pound type with a ton of good Pokemon being Water), but I do agree that Bug definitely gets the short end of the stick most of the time, despite several awesome Bug types (especially in Gen 5).

Was just about to pre-order, although I haven't decided on if i'm going for X or Y yet.
So chaps, which is the superior version and more importantly, why?
Discuss...

We don't know the list of version exclusive (regular) pokemon yet, do we? If not, do you people think we'll get it before launch? I'd like to know which pokemon go where before buying either X or Y.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So you get full type coverage with fairy + one of the following:
Dark
Ghost
Ground
Electric
Water

Any word on the review embargo?

In any event, I love the move towards Friday releases, superior Thanksgiving gives me a nice long weekend to not study for midterms on.

Trey

PROPER GIF IS PROPER

MY BDAY WILL BE GLORIOUS. GLORIOUS!

#TeamFroakie
#TeamSquirtle
#TeamTyrantrum
#TeamX
#TeamTeam
#TeamFuckYoCouch

I'm wishing you a happy birthday now because Oct 12 is exclusively Pokemon day to me.

so, Happy Birthday

Panzon

Anyone else going to the Nintendo store in NYC for the release patty next Friday night?

I'm seriously considering going but dont wanna spend all that waiting time by myself. Most of my friends aren't really into pokemon and the ones that are, are too ashamed to go public about it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have a dilemma on choosing the gender; I usually pick female since they are more pleasing than males, but Streetpassing may lead to some confusion (if they include the most basic of features). Then I'd use my real name too... hmmmmmm...

Haven't played a Pokemon since Diamond but I'm picking up Y and my girlfriend is getting X. Pretty excited!

Gonna choose Froakie for sure, I don't know which Kanto starter I'm gonna go with yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom