• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Here's my team for completing the game:

bBNVtaT.png

Did you build your team around mega evolutions? :p

NEO0MJ

Going blind into a new pokemon is pretty good, though I've having dificulties deciding a team because of that x.x

One rule I put though is no choosing pokemon that were part of any old team of mine, except Charmander, because Charmander is awesome.

Did most of you evolve Doublade right away?

How can we evolve it? I'm using one right now.

SlickVic

Soul Silver, Heart Gold has most post game. I would argue that even Emerald and Leaf Green/Fire red and platinum have more to do

Yeah, I don't think any new Pokemon game is going to top Gold/Silver for me in terms of post-game content. 8 more badges to collect after the E4; that was just awesome.

Azure J

OH. MY. GOD.

The Xerneas battle music is the most amazing thing ever. I just want to listen to the song over and over. I'm actually going to reset for a good nature just so I can hear it more.

You know, as much as I'm enjoying this game, I feel like the one true negative I can raise against it is that thus far (IMO), it doesn't touch Gen V's musical highs ever. The only two songs that got me hype were Xerneas' theme and
the boss battles with Lysander.

Am I crazy?

Here's my team for completing the game:

bBNVtaT.png

This generation really reminded me of how much I loved Blaziken and Gardevoir in Ruby even if I don't have the fondest of memories for Hoenn in general. I especially love how Gardevoir essentially walls everything Team Flare by existing.

Rflagg

I'm sure it's super easy to GTS trade for whatever you don't get. Hell, I got my Jaw fossil Pokemon from a Wonder Trade.

That is crazy town, in a good way. I ended up going jaw the t-rex thing looks too cool plus I went with the water starter.

DMG-01

You know, as much as I'm enjoying this game, I feel like the one true negative I can raise against it is that thus far (IMO), it doesn't touch Gen V's musical highs ever. The only two songs that got me hype were Xerneas' theme and
the boss battles with Lysander.

Am I crazy?

Either crazy or deaf. Sycamore's theme, Route 15, the fairytale town are all super hype. Up there with the Bridge town, the Ending theme, and that one sad theme from BW. Also, both BW2 and XY have a fun champion theme

Trey

I love Nidoking, I'm thinking of raising him too. Most of my team are my old favorites though. I gotta change it up.

Same. I kinda had to force myself to branch out, but even then I'm only rocking with two Gen VI pkmn. Out of the eight or nine I'm bringing up. I guess I'll get Malamar into the swing of things.

MicH

Finished checking all my friend safaris (no 3rd a Pokemon in any yet though huh)

Notable Pokrmon include:

Wartortle
Abra
Larvesta
Noibat
Gabite

Not bad, I suppose. Gonna add a lot more friends tomorrow :D

DMG-01

Don't forget PokeBall Factory, my favorite. :)

I honestly don't remember it, so I assume it didn't strike me at the time. I'll have to go back and check it out again sometime. There were so many moments in XY where I had to pause because the music was so good. I don't really remember doing that in the other gens.

Tonezorz

I see, thanks. It's funny how cool a floating sword can be. One strange thing about it though is that it can be male or female, which is pretty strange for its design.

I feel that way about Fennekin. I reset for a female, mostly because I thought it would be a little strange using a male based on it's appearance.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Where are you guys getting that fancy team portrait from? I thought the website features weren't online yet.

Azure J

Either crazy or deaf. Sycamore's theme, Route 15, the fairytale town are all super hype. Up there with the Bridge town, the Ending theme, and that one sad theme from BW. Also, both BW2 and XY have a fun champion theme

Oh actually, these are all good. I'm just saying that Gen V really had some impressive music that hasn't been matched yet. I still want a town theme as good as Lacunosta Town's.

Good to hear about the Champion themes though.

Waterfall is better.

Why? It definitely skews more to special attacking than physical. Surf's a perfect compliment to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom