• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
anyone know how to get more hairstyles? I have the boutique unlocked already so I know I have enough style, but when I go to the salon I have the same 4 haircuts as ever.

Have you visited the Promo-Studio again? Talk to the lady at the right counter and all that extra stuff should be unlocked.

Beginner request: anyone have/can point me in the direction of information on putting together a varied team that can take on a mix of different types? It's one thing I keep stumbling over and I can't find the help I need.

So what's the consensus on end-game? I'm worried about there not being much to do :/.

I miss the extra 8 gyms or super elite 4 stuff... I'm on the fence about picking it up (only pokemon I've skipped is B/W2).

RkOwnage

You guys are talking about breeding/hatching hundreds of these Pokemon...are you seriously running around with that many eggs and taking all that time, or is there a quicker way to do so?

So what's the consensus on end-game? I'm worried about there not being much to do :/.

I miss the extra 8 gyms or super elite 4 stuff... I'm on the fence about picking it up (only pokemon I've skipped is B/W2).

Odd that you skipped b2 w2 if your main concern is postgame. cause the white treehollow/ black tower thing sounds like one of the cooler postgame dungeons (though i don't own it yet).

Kyle

You guys are talking about breeding/hatching hundreds of these Pokemon...are you seriously running around with that many eggs and taking all that time, or is there a quicker way to do so?

Have a pokemon with Flame Body ability in the party to hatch 2x faster

Shoyz

Congrats! I'm jealous, I gave up after about 150 :( makes me think I should've kept going haha.

As far as odds go, shouldn't you get one after -2000- or so? I'm crossing my fingers while breeding for my Pokedex but I can't imagine breeding just for shinies.

Azure J

So can anyone tell me how Hard Mode Breeding (aka what IVs correspond to what element Hidden Power) works? I have a suicide mission to go on soon, namely breeding my based Protean Greninja for a Timid Protean Greninja that learns Hidden Power Fire.

takriel

So Delphox, Sylveon and Doublade are a nice combination in battle. I won many battles with this formation. I might just build a whole team around them! Loving the new pokemon so far! Don't yet care about megas. But it's only a matter of time, I guess.

Trey

Nidoking, I can't quit you. Your balanced but pedestrian stats, impressive move pool, not terrible typing. All these years and you're still a mainstay in my party.

zewone

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS

NPC in Kiloude.

Look at my little dude!

zO9YwE8.png

Azure J

I find it funny that Ultimadrago's been such a bro/broette/Drago with me talking Theorymon in here yet I haven't added him to my knowledge.

GamerSoul

Nidoking, I can't quit you. Your balanced but pedestrian stats, impressive move pool, not terrible typing. All these years and you're still a mainstay in my party.

I love Nidoking, I'm thinking of raising him too. Most of my team are my old favorites though. I gotta change it up.

trixx

Lol at german charizard name Glorak. I keep facing gloraks online, traded a bunch of haunters on wonder trade called mileycyrus enjoy

BW2 is probably the best in the whole series for postgame stuff IMO. Upgraded Elite 4, Black City/White TreeHollow, and the World Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champions Tournament. Lots of stuff to do with Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom too.

So far, seems like much less in X&Y. Main things for me to do are to breed and train a team before importing from White 2 in December. Probably my only fault with XY, along with poor framerate in battle sometimes.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
OH. MY. GOD.

The Xerneas battle music is the most amazing thing ever. I just want to listen to the song over and over. I'm actually going to reset for a good nature just so I can hear it more.

trixx

BW2 is probably the best in the whole series for postgame stuff IMO. Upgraded Elite 4, Black City/White TreeHollow, and the World Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champions Tournament. Lots of stuff to do with Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom too.

So far, seems like much less in X&Y. Main things for me to do are to breed and train a team before importing from White 2 in December. Probably my only fault with XY, along with poor framerate in battle sometimes.

Soul Silver, Heart Gold has most post game. I would argue that even Emerald and Leaf Green/Fire red and platinum have more to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom