• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
How can you tell if a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat?

You can't really tell for sure at lower levels, but characteristics will hint at it. For example, if the characteristic is alert to sounds, it could have a 31 IV in speed. But it could also be 26, 21, 16, etc. The characteristic will always hint at the highest IV though. I'm not sure how it decides if there are multiple 31s.

Edit: ah, forgot that those judges were a thing. That's another way to do it I guess :p

Fuck, I evolved him at 50!

God damnit

Sorry lol. Can you get it through the move relearner?

Aggrotek

How can you tell if a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat?

The guy in the Pokemon center in Kiloude city said: "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Speed stat. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

SO far music wise.
Gen III > Gen V > Gen I = Gen VI > Gen II = Gen IV

Gen VI Has the best Team ___________ song
I'm going to miss Team Flares battle song ):

Anura

HahahahahahahahahahahahaNO.

Generation V is the undisputed king of music.

Not even close. Most of those songs are just bleh or have songs that sound pretty close to them but are much better. Galactic > plasma, Arceus > Ghestis, etc. etc. it's the furthest thing from undisputed let alone a king of anything

Not even close. Most of those songs are just bleh or have songs that sound pretty close to them but are much better. Galactic > plasma, Arceus > Ghestis, etc. etc. it's the furthest thing from undisputed let alone a king of anything

None of the songs that you listed sound alike, and from an objective composition standpoint, BW's songs blow every other games' out of the water (seriously, the trivia behind them is mind-blowing).

Plus, Unwavering Emotion is by far the best non-battle song in the series. By far.

I always use the master ball on the box legendary. It's tradition by this point.

I only do it once I have it down to low health though. I don't want it to be a complete joke.

There was a post a few pages back that gives an explanation as to how to log on.

EDIT:

Quoted in said post.

Thanks, it hasn't been quite too clear.

Sats

Banned

Wrong.

Team Plasma's song is unlike any other battle song before. I should know, I listen to it like every day.

Anura

None of the songs that you listed sound alike, and from an objective composition standpoint, BW's songs blow every other games' out of the water (seriously, the trivia behind them is mind-blowing).

Plus, Unwavering Emotion is by far the best non-battle song in the series. By far.

I disagree completely but this is a subjective argument

Edit: Regardless of if they sound similar or not I personally think those two tracks are pretty much garbage

Dr.Hadji

Does anyone know if the way you get Shedinja is unchanged in XY? Had an open slot in my party, hit lvl 20, got a Ninjask but no Shedinja. What gives?

ohlawd

Opinions and all but I'm astonished (haaaaaaah get it?) peeps don't like gen 5's music.

I have them ranked like this
3 >= 5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 2

kXFWpbk.png

got carried by wobbuffet lol ><

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
No he can't. The move isn't available to Aegislash at all if he's like other stone-evolvers. If they were never able to learn it before evolving they won't be able to at the relearner.

I taught it to my early evolved Aegislash. They may have changed that general rule for stone evolution Pokemon, though I haven't checked with any older Pokemon to confirm it.

MarkusRJR

Just skimmed through most of those and it only solidified my opinion. Ghetsis' theme, the ending song, and Unwavering Emotions are the only great songs. The rest has this hideous synth sound to everything. It's a similar reason as to why Gen 3's soundtrack sucked, just instead of trumpets it's shitty synth and bad teeming (doesn't fit with the theme of going on an adventure, feels incredibly out of place). I'd imagine it'd sound much better with different samples or recorded with legitimate instruments, but what was included in the cartridge was mediocre or worse.

Calling it Gen V the "undisputed king of music" is incredibly hyperbolic. Music in the first place is subjective, and I've seen tons of criticism towards the soundtrack.

ramyeon

What is it? lol

What, where?
Raising Affection in Amie will not make Riolu evolve. It evolves based on Happiness, which is a different stat all together and is raised by having him at the front of your party, using him a lot in battle, not letting him faint, giving him berries and healing items as well as massages and stuff like that.

Anura

Raising Affection in Amie will not make Riolu evolve. It evolves based on Happiness, which is a different stat all together and is raised by having him at the front of your party, using him a lot in battle, not letting him faint, giving him berries and healing items as well as massages and stuff like that.

Not only this but you're actually
given one for free through the story

Oh ok, lol. I've been having him at the front of my party for a while now. How do I give it massages?

Also, someone traded a Gurdurr to me via WT and it evolved into Conkeldurr - I was pretty pumped about that haha

Raven77

Is there a particular pokemon that you guys use to specifically catch other pokemon?

What I mean is I have a few TMs that are geared towards making it easier to capture pokemon. I was wondering if there is one pokemon in particular that most people teach these abilities to use when they are out hunting.

Anura

Yeah that too haha. Although I
raised my own since I don't really like using pokemon that are given to me by NPCs.

Same lol! It was already evolved before I got
hers and I didn't even know I would get it lol
so I just stuck with mine

GAMERG0D

You can't really tell for sure at lower levels, but characteristics will hint at it. For example, if the characteristic is alert to sounds, it could have a 31 IV in speed. But it could also be 26, 21, 16, etc. The characteristic will always hint at the highest IV though. I'm not sure how it decides if there are multiple 31s.

Edit: ah, forgot that those judges were a thing. That's another way to do it I guess :p

Sorry lol. Can you get it through the move relearner?

The guy in the Pokemon center in Kiloude city said: "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Speed stat. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."
Hm okay I get it now.

You guys talking about music? It's really hard to rank them but I'd say III = VI > V = IV > I = II
The battle themes are really top notch in this game compared to others.

I guess I'll post my team while I'm at it.

aGdxfYJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom