• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download Pokemon X in about 4 hours! I cannot wait! And so is my brother! He's getting Y! God, I haven't been this excited for a Pokemon game since Sapphire!! : D

Bullza2o

The wait is getting harder. It will only get worse when I start downloading it.

Anyways is there a list for Pokemon FCs? Mine's 5412-9913-4988
PM me so I can add you too!

-Horizon-

I personally like the things in X a little better than Y. Do people on GAF generally like one more than the other? Haven't really been keeping up with it on here.

There was a list going around with TeamX, TeamY, or both. The last time I saw it, TeamX was leading.

Mik2121

Just got my first medal and I'm fighting with just Chestpin and Pikachu.
Hope to get some neat pokemanz soon, because I don't think it's too safe to go around with these two guys (I'm putting all the normal pkmn inside the PC boxes, lol).

Oh and I have Pokemon X downloaded.

Galang

Banned
A bit late, but added to spreadsheet. Friend code is 3351 - 4299 - 6706, please PM so I can add back! :) First time adding people to my 3DS.

Mik2121

Oh and I have a question. I don't know if there's going to be any kind of DLC or updates or anything, but in case there is... I have a Japanese copy of the game but I'm playing in English. Will that affect those updates or whatever in any way, or I should be good to go?

DaBoss

Final starter evos haven't been revealed yet. Please remove the pics. Or just link to them saying it is final evo spoilers.

I love how varied the Pokemon selection in this is. Already got me a team of seven, and I'm not even at the second gym yet:
Frogadier, Combusken, Ivysaur, Pancham, Kadabra, Flabebe and Combee.
Not sure who to drop. I've also got
Butterfree, Spewpa and Pidgey
sat in the PC but I'm probably done with those.

Loving it so far.

Oh and I have a question. I don't know if there's going to be any kind of DLC or updates or anything, but in case there is... I have a Japanese copy of the game but I'm playing in English. Will that affect those updates or whatever in any way, or I should be good to go?

Question for you: can you switch languages as you go? I'd like to practice my language skills but don't want to be overwhelmed.

ramyeon

Just got my first medal and I'm fighting with just Chestpin and Pikachu.
Hope to get some neat pokemanz soon, because I don't think it's too safe to go around with these two guys (I'm putting all the normal pkmn inside the PC boxes, lol).

Oh and I have Pokemon X downloaded.
Oh man I'm the opposite. Still in the forest and catching everything I find haha. Never did this in the old games.

Mik2121

Question for you: can you switch languages as you go? I'd like to practice my language skills but don't want to be overwhelmed.
Nope. Once you choose a language you have to stick to it until the end unless you start a new game.

Oh man I'm the opposite. Still in the forest and catching everything I find haha. Never did this in the old games.
No, no! I'm also catching everything I find, I'm just not using them, lol. I remember every single time I played a Pokemon back many years ago I would just stick to my main until I found other Pokemon that I liked a lot. So I'm not even bothering this time putting others in my team, lol. I will put just unique type ones, not normals.

Etzer

A few more hours until I can download. :(

I'm really hyped for this. Even my brother, who hasn't played since Diamond and Pearl, pre-ordered a 2DS to play Pokémon Y.

Nope. Once you choose a language you have to stick to it until the end unless you start a new game.
Well, that's disappointing. I was hoping to switch between English and Spanish.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Stefan™;85728736 said:
Looks like they've upped the tediousness of acquiring the perfect nature starter this time around.

It get worse when you try and get your Kanto starter, luckily I got my modest Charmander after 3 resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom