• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eojoko

Picking up my X pre-order tomorrow morning from my Gamestop. My store isn't staying open until midnight. Wonder if it'll be crowded tomorrow morning.

Forkball

Three hours until us normal people get to play. Well four hours if you count the slow 3DS download. Well, five hours if you count resetting to get a decent nature for the starter...

FSLink

Banned
Still on the fence on this one. Black/White were way better than expected, but I passed on B2/W2. Also I only know one or two friends personally getting it (plenty of people online though).

Plus part of me wants to get the JP version because my JP 3DS has a capture board, but it's kind of hard to justify paying extra just for the ability to take pretty screenshots. And I'd prefer a physical copy. Decisions, decisions...

Biggest thing is just the time commitment though. For those with the game, how fast is the game flow? If I get this I don't want to be spending half the time playing looking at health bars scrolling down (I still have nightmares about D/P).

Oh, also: does anyone know if the JP version has any connectivity issues with US versions?
Go Japanese digital and US retail. :0

gazele

Banned
In preparation (damn you American time zones) I'm trying to add FCs

Mine is 2449-4639-2143 (DJ as the name)

Feel free to add me and pm me and I'll follow back

Bullza2o

Whoa there's a new Streetpass puzzle set for Pokemon XY!

EDIT:
p7T1TzY.jpg

Tusk

The only annoyance so far is that when you catch a pokemon if you accidentally select to nickname it there doesn't seem to be any way of cancelling and going back, forcing you to nickname :/

No you don't. :p Just leave it blank, and press enter.

2 and a half hours! Lets go E-Shop!

The worst part about waiting for a game to come out is that all my other games don't appeal to me, since all I can think about is Pokemon. :(

Jachaos

Sorry if this has been answered but this thread's size is already pretty intimidating.

So what are the major differences between X and Y apart from the legendary and Charizard mega version ?

I don't know which to get. Sway me GAF.

Busaiku

I wonder if I should go to Gamestop earlier tomorrow.
I was planning on going like a couple minutes before opening, but I'm kinda worried.

Yeah, people will be able to get it at Walmart, but still...

DaBoss

Sorry if this has been answered but this thread's size is already pretty intimidating.

So what are the major differences between X and Y apart from the legendary and Charizard mega version ?

I don't know which to get. Sway me GAF.

8zEXj3i.png

Courtesy of spyroflame.

Stupid question I always had about these games... how do you tell if a move is an
"attack" or "sp. attack"?
When reading a move description, it'll have one of 3 descriptors: Physical (moves that are affected by the Attack stat), Special (moves that are affected by the Special Attack stat), and Status (moves that alter status, or do something else).

MicH

God I love this game, but the pacing between the first and second gym is ridiculous! Also bike is way too fast - and I thought the roller blades were hard to control

Milennia

8zEXj3i.png

Courtesy of spyroflame.

There are also pre gen 6 exclusives as well but im not sure if you guys want that posted in this thread( not even spoilers because they are just old pokemon that are version exclusive) as i havent seen anyone post it yet.

Jachaos

There are also pre gen 6 exclusives as well but im not sure if you guys want that posted in this thread( not even spoilers because they are just old pokemon that are version exclusive) as i havent seen anyone post it yet.

I'd want to know, you can PM me or spoiler tag it

Varna

Thanks guys.

God I love this game, but the pacing between the first and second gym is ridiculous! Also bike is way too fast - and I thought the roller blades were hard to control

I thought just the running was fast enough... I really wish you could assign the circle pad to walking.

Hmm... IIRC, one of the /vp/ players was stuck, and he progressed by changing his outfit or something like that. Don't quote me on that though, it happened a while back.

Bladenic

Man I still can't decide between Fennekin and Froakie. Ugh so hard! They both look great and have interesting aspects in their final forms.

Goldenhen

Anyone getting this error message when log in Pokemon Global Link?

Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

Mik2121

One tip for you guys waiting for the eShop. I was waiting for the JP one last night and it actually updated at 23:30. The main page said the game was going to be on sale soon, but after clicking on it, the purchase button showed up.

Worth a try, I guess :)

zychi

Banned
can someone link me to a tutorial of how to transfer my pokemon from either soul silver(i'm guessing this is a not possible) or black 2 to x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom