• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

also; I just know im getting the digital version eventually for comfort's sake, but having that box is a must mayne

Berordn

Ahh...So, is it based on the item the Pokémon is holding? I'm wondering if I could like, have both items on my character, and choose which to use in battle or if you have to switch them out for the Pokémon itself.

The Pokemon has to be holding the proper item to mega evolve in battle, prior to the battle starting.

Well, picked up an e-shop card earlier this morning and have the funds just waiting to be spent. Still not sure which one to go with though...love X's mascot, but like Y's exclusives more than X's.

MarkusRJR

I wanna get X and go with Chespin and Charmander, but I wanna get the Y mega evolution. Is there any way to trade over the Y stone and use it in X?

The Pokemon has to be holding the proper item to mega evolve in battle, prior to the battle starting.

OK. I don't remember if Pokémon could hold items in Pearl. I'm assuming you can switch your items, this makes it much more complicated...

BTW do you have to name them? I'm not feeling very creative.

hunnies28

Ugh so much envy right now. I'm leaving this thread for a while. Can someone just confirm to me if the Toys r us deal applies in store as well?

I'm glad seasons are gone. Yeah, its more "realistic" but there's nothing fun about waiting three months to do certain events. Yeah, I could dick around with the internal clock, but at that point the feature just shouldn't be there.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How the hell can I evolve friendship pokemon? I got my azurill on the highest affection level and friend shipped it way beyond that but nothing happens on level up, arrrrrgh.

Salsa

Welp, Nintendo gladly charged my credit card 50 dollars, but decided not to give me the credit.

dont try again, it'll keep happening. Found out my debit wont work with the eshop that way, and they returned the money after like 10 days :/

ramyeon

Woo! Just picked up my copy when the store opened here haha. First game I've ever done it for, now to just get home and get started!!

Berordn

Probably has been answered but, any indication of how many obtainable pokemon are in each version?

Rough estimates would be about 500, maybe*.

*We don't know much about version differences with some of the late game stuff, so that number may be wildly inaccurate.

I'm glad seasons are gone. Yeah, its more "realistic" but there's nothing fun about waiting three months to do certain events. Yeah, I could dick around with the internal clock, but at that point the feature just shouldn't be there.

That's kinda the point of having season-specific events. If you really just can't wait, you can change the clock.

The idea was really cool. It had room for improvement, but it was cool.

XaosWolf

How the hell can I evolve friendship pokemon? I got my azurill on the highest affection level and friend shipped it way beyond that but nothing happens on level up, arrrrrgh.

My Lucario says an abundance of tickling and Pokémon Amie-based Diabetes does the trick.
Though it took a few levels, and had to be during the day for Lucario. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom