• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

does the reverse happen as well?

I think I remember reading a rumor that you get the starter you have a type advantage over.

can someone link me to a tutorial of how to transfer my pokemon from either soul silver(i'm guessing this is a not possible) or black 2 to x?

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

That has all of the information you need. However, it will not be possible to transfer Pokemon till December 26th when Pokemon Bank launches.

LuuKyK

So I gave up on trying to find an early physical copy here, and I wont be able to go buy it anytime this weekend or next week at all. So I will go for the digital copy after all. lol

Anyway, about two hours till its available on the eshop?

Anyone getting this error message when log in Pokemon Global Link?

Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

Everyone is getting that right now. Even EU peeps I know who tried registering this morning. I won't be able to try until I get my copy.

Just got the roller skates and beat the first gym. It felt weird at first, but now that things are moving along I am loving this game.

Graphics are great. The 3D models breathe new life into some of the old Pokemon (Ledyba looks insanely cute). Can't believe Gamefreak nailed 3D on the first try. I thought when this day came it would be a really awkward transition, but they did good.

Bullza2o

So I gave up on trying to find an early physical copy here, and I wont be able to go buy it anytime this weekend or next week at all. So I will go for the digital copy after all. lol

Anyway, about two hours till its available on the eshop?

Yup should be. I'm hoping they'll release it a bit earlier though!

EDIT: Question
How long does it take to get your Kanto starter? I'm thinking of resetting to get all 6 starters.

ED Cantu

halp I'm at the airport with a 3 hour flight I don't want to be stuck on :(

Currently in the weird stones town.

You need to go to
Ambrette Town there is the Fossil Lab where you'll see one of your rivals there, when that event ends go to the right to get to a new route and enter a new cave, finish some business there and now you can access Ambrette aquarium there you can go down and arrive to the coast, go straight up to Cyllage City, there's the second Gym.

LuuKyK

Yup should be. I'm hoping they'll release it a bit earlier though!

EDIT: Question
How long does it take to get your Kanto starter? I'm thinking of resetting to get all 6 starters.

Cool, thanks.

Its awesome that this will release just before a relatively long flight I will need to take. Perfect. :D

Firestorm

You need to go to
Ambrette Town there is the Fossil Lab where you'll see one of your rivals there, when that event ends go to the right to get to a new route and enter a new cave, finish some business there and now you can access Ambrette aquarium there you can go down and arrive to the coast, go straight up to Cyllage City, there's the second Gym.
I did all that. Im just blind as hell apparently and missed a path.

gazele

Banned
They released it early on the eShop in Japan? My god US and Canada (except some town in Newfoundland) gets shafted again!

Yeah, like an hour early, so who knows maybe we'll get it a little early too! (Still doesn't make up for literally no early physical release at all in the States but still)

RedSwirl

Man I'm thinking about getting this game now rather than later, but there's still a lot I want to do in SoulSliver, and I have a copy of Black that's still completely untouched.

Milennia

Can somebody link me to an article or just explain to me how you see other people in your game?

Havent heard or read to much about it and cant find a good post about it.

So ridiculous that the eShop won't take my money right now as a pre-order. I'll wait the two hours until it unlocks, but let me pre-order it, Big N!

UberTag

I know but I wanna go through the main game with both haha. I'll probably go with Froakie though... Maybe... Argh
You should probably base your decision on the pokemon you also want to use in your team for coverage.

For instance, if you plan on using another Water or Dark type regularly like Blastoise, Pangoro, Clawitzer or Tyranitar - roll with Fennekin.
And if you plan on using another Fire or Psychic type regularly like Charizard, Gardevoir, Pyroar or Espeon - roll with Froakie.

Bladenic

You should probably base your decision on the pokemon you also want to use in your team for coverage.

For instance, if you plan on using another Water or Dark type regularly like Blastoise, Pangoro, Clawitzer or Tyranitar - roll with Fennekin.
And if you plan on using another Fire or Psychic type regularly like Charizard, Gardevoir, Pyroar or Espeon - roll with Froakie.

I generally build my team around the starter not the other way around. That said, I love Pangoro. My decision will probably come down to the wire, I'll be happy with either I'm sure.

Can someone spoiler tag post the X/Y differences between the previous gen pokemon that you get to choose or something? I'm kinda confused about that part

This:
There are also pre gen 6 exclusives as well but im not sure if you guys want that posted in this thread( not even spoilers because they are just old pokemon that are version exclusive) as i havent seen anyone post it yet.

Wow. The midnight launch here in São Paulo is crazy, Nintendo obviously understimated us. The line is huge inside the store and there are people waiting outside too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. The midnight launch here in São Paulo is crazy, Nintendo obviously understimated us. The line is huge inside the store and there are people waiting outside too.

Any pictures? Sounds like fun! Considering so much of South America broke street date, it's cool to hear people lining up for the game in Brazil.

So you can reset EVs this gen?

Yes! There's a special punching bag that can be used in Super Training to reset your EVs to 0.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, like an hour early, so who knows maybe we'll get it a little early too! (Still doesn't make up for literally no early physical release at all in the States but still)

I tried to snake one from my Walmart, telling this poor clueless old dude that the game came out today, but his coworker said it came out tomorrow. I had it in my hands.

Sigh. E-shop it is.

Regiruler

So I read during the Iwata Asks that Amie boosts crit rate and evasion rate. How does this work exactly and is it retained in non-story battles like wifi/local multiplayer battles, and the battle tower clone?

Milennia

I dont think i posted mine in here yet, just in the community thread,

Heres mine 3995-6499-4203

Just be sure to pm if you add so i can add you back=p

Love to trade/battle etc all that stuff.

Kirye

I'm assuming this has already been answered but I couldn't find it. Will this game come out at Midnight on PST or 9:00 PM? Sorry if it's a dumb question. :p I remember DK3DS came out a good few hours before release, so i'm hoping Pokemon comes out soon.

I'm so antsy to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom