• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG-01

Just a reminder to everyone that I'm organizing a GAF Tag-Team Doubles Tournament right now, and the official rules and thread should be up by Tuesday at the latest. Start organizing your teams and parties now!

(No Legendaries though)

Be sure to post a link to the thread in either this thread, the spoiler thread, or both please.

todd360

Turning down Charmander is going to be the hardest thing I'll ever do in this series. The only reason I can bring myself to do it at all is because I've had him as my starter two out of the three games I've played already.

This makes me sad. I almost want to breed a charmander egg for you. I went charmander back during original red. He was my first pokemon ever.

Raven77

Do you think its worth it to get the guide (is there one?)? I mean, with the internet and all...

I only play at home, by the way.

Forz

I'll be getting mine in the morning. I'm very excited, it will be my first real Pokemon game (I played around with a friend's Red/Blue way back in the day). I'm leaning towards X right now.

FC 2852-7889-7038

Sats

Banned
Just a reminder to everyone that I'm organizing a GAF Tag-Team Doubles Tournament right now, and the official rules and thread should be up by Tuesday at the latest. Start organizing your teams and parties now!

(No Legendaries though)

Can we find a partner now before the thread starts?

Daingurse

Turning down Charmander is going to be the hardest thing I'll ever do in this series. The only reason I can bring myself to do it at all is because I've had him as my starter two out of the three games I've played already.

Hahaha, I love Charmander but it's about to be so easy for me. Fire Type starter first, always, I can't justify him. Bulbasaur time.

h79FBBAD6

Keyouta

Hey Canadians, I bought a copy at Superstore. Most should have them out already. I was just there for groceries and checked out their game selection.

How long do you have to play before getting the ability to trade via wifi? Planning to get all 3 starters with help from a friend online.

Ferga

You can sit on stuff and turn your head using the analogue stick...

I don't know why but that made me smile the biggest smile

abrack08

I get off work at 10pm and the closest GameStop that's doing a "midnight" release is about 30 minutes away, will they still be opened? The website says "Join us at 10pm"

They open up at 10 PM (or just stay open later, I think they usually close at 9/9:30) so people can come in and pay off the game in advance if they haven't already. They hand out stamped receipts or something to show that you've already paid, then at midnight hand out the game. They probably stay open until 12:30 or so, or later if it takes that long to get everyone out. That's been my experience, at least. You'll definitely make it in time, there's no requirement to get there before midnight, just makes everything a bit smoother for them.

atbigelow

Okay folks, can someone detail the online features of this? Obviously there's the standard trading and battling stuff. But are there any persistent features?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Getting up early to get my copy. I'm honestly already sleepy (it's only 8:20 PM here), so maybe I'll get up REALLY early. The store I'm buying it at opens at 7am.

I want more GAF kids on my friends list! My FC is 0748-2045-5883. PM me if you add me!

(No Legendaries though)
Whoaaaa, this sounds so cool! I definitely want to participate.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I thought about getting all 3 starters right from the very beginning. That would require someone who's willing to start the game all over again thrice and trade them. If someone's up for it, I'm willing to be that person and restart it 5 times: you can keep the two that you're missing, and then you'll have to hold on to the 2 that I'll be getting until I can restart it for the last time, then I'll grab the starter I want and you'll send me back the other 2.

So what do you say? Is someone interested?

Syril

This makes me sad. I almost want to breed a charmander egg for you. I went charmander back during original red. He was my first pokemon ever.

He was my first ever too, but I used him in both Red/Blue and Explorers of Sky. As much as Charizard is my favorite pokemon ever, I've always loved the entire Kanto trio, and I'd be even more mad at myself if I passed up an opportunity to use Bulbasaur or Squirtle for the first time.

Hahaha, I love Charmander but it's about to be so easy for me. Fire Type starter first, always, I can't justify him. Bulbasaur time.

h79FBBAD6

Yeah, it's going to be Bulbasaur for me too. Though maybe someday after I've done everything I'll start over from the beginning and have all three of them as my starters.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is there a nice pictorial infographic available anywhere that lists the differences between X and Y?

I recall when black and white came out there were some very nice simple images listing the differences.. but so far i'm finding it hard to see what's different in x and y, beside a list of the pokemon i can find (http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml) but then with no pictures :(

Kyzer

Banned
Added so many new friends...okay going to bed now, for real this time.

For posterity:

Going to bed, picking it up early tomorrow from TRU. Gaiz, please add me, I have no friends.

3024-6064-3750

PM me if you add me I'll add you back! Just got this 3DS so I'll be on a lot!

So hyped right for this. I've wanted a 3D Pokemon game ever since I played Stadium.

Going to go to Walmart in the morning and hope that I can get a copy of Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom