• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeZMehK

Don't care what people think. Enjoy your hobby. I turn 28 next month and I'm having my first child. I am not hiding my hobby of playing games and enjoying pokemon. :D

Shengar

For those above 20 and worry about attending to Pokemon stuff related event, just remember this
77152_174016972614005_2381919_n.jpg
So yeah, just enjoy it :)

DigitalOp

Banned
Don't care what people think. Enjoy your hobby. I turn 28 next month and I'm having my first child. I am not hiding my hobby of playing games and enjoying pokemon. :D

I'm 30, with a 2-year old kid, and I'm as hyped as ever. I hope my son will use my Pokemon 10 years from now - that Nidoking has seen things, man.

If it makes you feel any better, if work permits it, I will be going with a small group of my friends.

Our ages range from 20-23. I'll be 23.

Exactly. Doesn't even matter friend. Enjoy what you enjoy and never let anyone lambaste you for it. I'll literally be turning 21 the night of launch. And I damn sure will be waiting in line with a couple other people my age!

Its funny, all 4 of us are somewhat near each other age wise. Pokemon exploded 18 years ago. We are truly the original Pokemon kids. It truly belongs to us. Sometimes I feel bad for what kids grow up with nowadays... I really think it doesn't compare lol.

I think Pokemon Bank will ease people's willingness to trade box legendaries, since you'll actually be able to start a new game without losing all of your Pokemon. I really think it's going to be quite a game changer, especially if the North American subscription price is in line with the Japanese price (~$5/year).

Yes for Pokedex data. I have dupes of old legendaries I'm hoping I can trade off.

I usually clone the legendaries in each game, then trade the clone to the other game.

Hmmm, yeah Im going to have to find a way to grab double Xerneas and I'll definitely let em go for the other. I've finally gotten a hand on all past gen starters except for B&W (working on it) so my next challenge is definitely going to be trying to grab the legendaries... And thats going to be pretty damn hard actually....

ash_ag

Doesn't the game have free movement with skates?

Yeah, sorta, although they can't be used everywhere. If I recall correctly, they originally explained that they settled for 8-way movement to make scripting easier, although Masuda later retconned this statement into "The grid-based movement is to allow players to better understand positioning in the world. That way players know exactly where they need to step to, say, begin a battle, or enter a house.".

Been watching some Haydunn LPs lately and hyped to my very core! Can't wait.
Froakie, Bulbasaur and Torchic. The only choice.

#TeamX

Refyref

That's a very good OT!
I'm excited. So excited, you probably won't see me posting in the OT till after release.

DaBoss

Yep, should do. Although I suspect a lot of outlets will hold their full reviews until the 12th when they're not as restricted in what they can say.

One already came out as well.

http://mashable.com/2013/10/04/pokemon-x-y-review/

That person doesn't know what NFC is. :p

Based on that review, it seems like story is not going to be as good as B/W, but that's fine with me, that was more of a bonus to me. And I do agree they could do something different with the 8 gym formula.

Here's a pic of the case with my 3DS XL. I'm so ready for this!

That looks cool.

Shengar

Can't wait! Super amped for this. Biggest advancement for the series in...ever?

I think it is. The biggest change before was Generation 3, and that was because radical change from GB to GBA which make the whole game code wholly different. I've wait for something like this and Game Freak (seems) deliver.

Usobuko

Banned
The last Pokemon game I played was Gen 3, I need some updates with the game system. I am aware of the Gen 4 adjustment to physical and special attacks.

When you battle against someone else locally, do your levels ( and your opponent's ) conveniently scale towards a ceiling? Like 50, 100? So what really matters is your IVs, EVs distribution, Nature, Move set etc. , right?

zroid

Banned
Dude be proud of your hobby. Pokemon is for everyone, not just kids. Its mostly going to be adults at the midnight launch anyway, not a lot of kids show up to those. For all you know, you'll meet some cool people who will add you on 3DS + think of all the streetpasses!

that's damn right.

Think of the StreetPasses! Priority #1, always!

Wichu

The last Pokemon game I played was Gen 3, I need some updates with the game system. I am aware of the Gen 4 adjustment to physical and special attacks.

When you battle against someone else locally, do your levels ( and your opponent's ) conveniently scale towards a ceiling? Like 50, 100? So what really matters is your IVs, EVs distribution, Nature, Move set etc. , right?

Yup. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum only allowed it in Wi-Fi battles, but since Black/White, all battle modes have auto-level 50. Super convenient.

Atsumi

Words can't describe how excited I am to freaking customize my character. I haven't been this excited since Crystal when I could finally play as a girl.

SeZMehK

I would like to go to the launch party at Nintendo World but I will be busy playing the game at that time. Lol.

zroid

Banned
Starting with physical X, but there's a good chance I'll pick up digital Y down the road. And eventually, physical Z :3

Atsumi

Starting with physical X, but there's a good chance I'll pick up digital Y down the road. And eventually, physical Z :3

Is it going to be available digitally right away?

PS: Team X, Team Fennekin or Froakie (haven't decided) and Bulbasaur/Charmander.

Bullza2o

OK, I'm ready for the sixth phase. I have 40$ funds ready in eShop, I'll be downloading the second it hits eShop. It'll probably be down as millions of people trying to do same.

I have $40 in one 3DS, $37 in another. I'll probably add another $5 one of these days. I'm a bit scared having to add more funds right when it comes out because everyone else is gonna do the same thing --eShop stay strong!

L~A

I can't wait for October 12th... gonna download Pokémon X at midnight, then let the game download with the 3DS and me in sleep mode.

This is gonna be glorious, I tell you :)

I have $40 in one 3DS, $37 in another. I'll probably add another $5 one of these days. I'm a bit scared having to add more funds right when it comes out because everyone else is gonna do the same thing --eShop stay strong!

Think it should be ok, the majority of people will get the physical version, so the eShop shouldn't suffer too much. Besides, the difference in timezones should help.

Bullza2o

I can't wait for October 12th... gonna download Pokémon X at midnight, then let the game download with the 3DS and me in sleep mode.

This is gonna be glorious, I tell you :)

Think it should be ok, the majority of people will get the physical version, so the eShop shouldn't suffer too much. Besides, the difference in timezones should help.

Are you sure you'll be able to stay in sleep mode? :p
I'll probably sleep at like 3-4AM.
It's only 1.7GB.

Yeah but sucks to be in the western hemisphere.

Dr. Buni

1.7GB will take some good two or three hours to download here, IF the download doesn't any errors, which is unlikely. I will likely die from excitement before the download finish.

Edit: Team Y here.

Bullza2o

1.7GB will take some good two or three hours to download here, IF the download doesn't any errors, which is unlikely. I will likely die from excitement before the download finish.

Edit: Team Y here.

I have a 12Mbps (~1MB/s) connection, so it should probably take 1.5-2 hours for me. I know I'm too excited to sleep that time.

EDIT: I just remembered I'm download BOTH games. Uhhh..
#TEAMY
#TEAMFROAKIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom