• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Electric being immune to Paralysis and Grass being immune to Powders/Spores is gonna make it so much harder to catch stuff...
Well, there is also hypnosis outside of dark types and insomnia. I can see why they have done it from a game play perspective. The lower accuracy status effects will work on more things now kind of balancing them (e.g. in the past; why hypnosis when spore exists?) *watches as sleep powder etc still only have 70 accuracy*

kUM80zY.png

D'awww.

Shame about the final evo. I was all the way Chespin till then.

I don't particularly like the other two starters either. This is going to be a tough decision but I'm leaning to Froakie

ash_ag

Step it up OP, you can't spell Pokémon without é. And 'Gotta catch 'em all!' isn't in CamelCase. :(
Nice |OT| though. ^_^
Pokémon X and Y |OT| Gotta catch 'em all! ...NOW IN 3D! Do it. :D

I'm not sure which version will arrive to me. I initially pre-ordered Y, but called to change into X last week. The conversation was a bit odd, although I think the clerk understood what I wanted to do. Yet the website still refers to Y in my order. I'm leaning towards Y with this -- but since I'm torn either way, I won't call to sort it out and leave it up to Lady Luck.

#TeamIReallyHaveNoIdea

Hybrid897

Any confirmation of a hard/challenge mode being included in either version?

Haven't been able to find anything about it so I assume its out :(

DigitalOp

Banned
Cool. So about 6 hours from now.

Oh yeah! I forgot review embargo lifts today! I've stopped participating and lurking in the leaker thread because I wanna save stuff for the game...

I really hope reviewers don't spoil extra surprises... Actually on second thought.. I'm not gonna read any reviews... I'm buying the game anyway!!

Midnight launch is the eve of my birthday and that's got me so excited. My GF is taking me out there. My job paid for my copy with a 50$ gift card. The stars are shining down on this pokekid..

I'm getting nostalgia overload of PKMN Blue with this release.... Sweet memories..

I'll update with my 3DS friend code later in the day. I gotta get through work and I left it at home... Doh

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I am trying not to bite at launch, but superior X seems too compelling. I know I'll be in line Saturday midnight no matter what I decide :(

I might as well make a trip to the NYC launch event. I am scared about my age "25" being inappropriate for the setting. It is at midnight so I doubt they're aiming at younger kids for this.

I am sticking with the fire line; no choice even tho I like Froakie line better. Psychic is my favorite type and Fire is not far behind.
ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

Dude be proud of your hobby. Pokemon is for everyone, not just kids. Its mostly going to be adults at the midnight launch anyway, not a lot of kids show up to those. For all you know, you'll meet some cool people who will add you on 3DS + think of all the streetpasses!

ash_ag

Pokémon Daisuki Club had setup a silly prerelease game just today. It's for kids and/or newbies, but if anyone wants to check it out it's here. It's possible that these characters are based on actual (very) minor game characters, like with Primo in HGSS.

Raxious

I just noticed this game launches on a saturday?!

Also, I wonder how early in the game we can use that online Pokébox to transfer pokemons. I got a bunch of starter pokemon ( Kanto, Johto, Hoenn ) standing by to get transfered :p

Santiako

I just noticed this game launches on a saturday?!

Also, I wonder how early in the game we can use that online Pokébox to transfer pokemons. I got a bunch of starter pokemon ( Kanto, Johto, Hoenn ) standing by to get transfered :p

The Pokebox doesn't launch until December, so you'll have to wait regardless on how early in the game it is. :p

Luigi87

#TeamY
Gen six already, dang...

Of course I likely won't get until October 15th, due to ordering online, and Monday being a holiday over here in Canada.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Already?

Gen 1 came out in February of 1996 in Japan, bub.

It's close to 18 years old

DigitalOp

Banned
Question,

Do you guys really trade box legendaries for the other?

IE: Trading Groudon for Kyogre? Dialga for Palkia?

I always wondered how that worked if you wanted to have both... I'd love to have Yveltal (esp with that Sneak Attack move!) but Im not willing to give up Xerneas! Lol

18-Volt

OK, I'm ready for the sixth phase. I have 40$ funds ready in eShop, I'll be downloading the second it hits eShop. It'll probably be down as millions of people trying to do same.

Zoator

Question,

I always wondered how that worked if you wanted to have both... I'd love to have Yveltal (esp with that Sneak Attack move!) but Im not willing to give up Xerneas! Lol

I think Pokemon Bank will ease people's willingness to trade box legendaries, since you'll actually be able to start a new game without losing all of your Pokemon. I really think it's going to be quite a game changer, especially if the North American subscription price is in line with the Japanese price (~$5/year).

Forkball

Question,

Yes for Pokedex data. I have dupes of old legendaries I'm hoping I can trade off.

I am trying not to bite at launch, but superior X seems too compelling. I know I'll be in line Saturday midnight no matter what I decide :(

I might as well make a trip to the NYC launch event. I am scared about my age "25" being inappropriate for the setting. It is at midnight so I doubt they're aiming at younger kids for this.

I am sticking with the fire line; no choice even tho I like Froakie line better. Psychic is my favorite type and Fire is not far behind.

I'm 30, with a 2-year old kid, and I'm as hyped as ever. I hope my son will use my Pokemon 10 years from now - that Nidoking has seen things, man.

Rocky

Banned
Question,

I usually clone the legendaries in each game, then trade the clone to the other game.

Stulaw

#TeamY

Not entirely sure whether I want to go for Chespin or Fennekin, Or if I want to go for Squirtle or Charmander.

Captain N

Normally the main character has a name from an anime. Does that seem to be the case here? Do the male /female have names?

Dr. Buni

Normally the main character has a name from an anime. Does that seem to be the case here? Do the male /female have names?

They have names, but the names aren't related to the anime.

The boy is called Calem and the girl is called Serena, but you are free to choose whichever name you want they to have when you start the game.

Velcro Fly

Don't think I've been this hyped for a pokemon game since getting the Gen 1 games. Over the years I've stuck with Pokemon but only haphazardly completed games. Gen 4 took me forever. Gen 5 I finished relatively quickly but never did anything postgame. But this I feel like I could put a huge chunk of time into overall. Feels like the first time in forever that I'm looking forward to just having fun in a Pokemon game. Before I'd buy and play through them because hey it's pokemon and the games were always at the very least good and fun to run through once.

Feel like with Pokemon Bank starting up now is the time to complete my pokedex for the first time since Gen 1 when I went to a mall event and got a legit Mew. With all the version exclusive legendaries and event only legendaries and such it's going to be a pain in some spots but I'm committed to getting as many as possible!

Gotta catch em all indeed.

Can't decided between Chespin/Squirtle or Froakie/Charmander. Torchic also in the mix.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
#TeamX
#TeamChespin
#TeamSquirtle

Shame about the final evo. I was all the way Chespin till then.

I don't particularly like the other two starters either. This is going to be a tough decision but I'm leaning to Froakie

Personally I'd say it's the best and most unique.

LAA

I don't suppose I could ask for answers I have about Pokemon games...?

Like, I have tried to get into some Pokemon games on the DS, but I always give up after while, but with a 3D pokemon game, a thing I thought would the awesome next step, I may try this out, but I'm confused about some things...

1. I think atm, I'm leaning towards Pokemon Y, however... whats the difference between X and Y? Can you get all pokemon from only buying one of these game?

2. I suppose eventually a Pokemon Z or whatever will come out, will I be able to get any extra pokemon in Z on X/Y?

3. Lastly, I heard about using starter pokemon from another Pokemon game... I think Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Charmander? Which I'd definitely like them to be my starter pokemon instead. How do I use them as starter pokemon?

Thanks

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't suppose I could ask for answers I have about Pokemon games...?

Like, I have tried to get into some Pokemon games on the DS, but I always give up after while, but with a 3D pokemon game, a thing I thought would the awesome next step, I may try this out, but I'm confused about some things...

1. I think atm, I'm leaning towards Pokemon Y, however... whats the difference between X and Y? Can you get all pokemon from only buying one of these game?

2. I suppose eventually a Pokemon Z or whatever will come out, will I be able to get any extra pokemon in Z on X/Y?

3. Lastly, I heard about using starter pokemon from another Pokemon game... I think Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Charmander? Which I'd definitely like them to be my starter pokemon instead. How do I use them as starter pokemon?

Thanks

1. Version exclusives exists, but 3DS has a a decently robust online system and I'm sure that you can trade with other people online for the other exclusives, so, it hasn't really been that relevant for awhile now. We still have no idea about how each version differs other than that though, like the black city/white forest in the previous generation.

2. It'll come out eventually, but it'll be a year or so away. Might have new pokemons, but who knows.

I think you get to choose between charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur after the first gym. Pikachu seems to appear early in the wild.

Shengar

After what they did with BW2, I'm not really sure weill get a sequel or enhanced version. I hope though that Pokemon Z would be sequel withou being numbered.

#TeamX and #TeamFennekin. Still got my finger's crossed that I'll get this in exactly a week. Expecting pretty high review scores from what I've seen.

ash_ag

After what they did with BW2, I'm not really sure weill get a sequel or enhanced version. I hope though that Pokemon Z would be sequel withou being numbered.

Pokémon Zero, the first Pokémon game set even before Generation I. One game, two parts.

Part I: Pokémon Z - Set in Kalos approximately 20 years before the main plot.
Part II: Pokémon 0 - Set in Kanto right after the events of Part I. You get to meet Pokémon League Champion Samuel Oak, among other things.

Make it happen, Game Freak.

Goldenhen

Just a dumb question, can you get your Pokemon to follow you whereever you go in overworld like in yellow version with Pikachu.

ash_ag

Just a dumb question, can you get your Pokemon to follow you whereever you go in overworld like in yellow version with Pikachu.

Nah, they
were too lazy to implement that; like with free, rather than grind-based movement
left that out as a design choice.

Celine

So I think this will be my first Pokemon game since Sapphire on GBA.

What the hell? Trust Nintendo to cross-platform a system seller.

Don't they know how much this is going to damage potential 3DS sales?
Not sure if serious...

Dragoshi1

Cannot wait for Saturday next week!

I'm picking up Y, and my siblings are both getting X, and we're gonna breed our starters and trade amongst each other.

Also, my local Gamestop sold me the 3DS XL case for the X and Y 3DS XL's, it looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom