• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2011: Of Weiners, Boehners, Santorum, and Teabags

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolKane

Watching the election results on MSNBC... wow this Ed Schultz guy is unbearable. Does this network have any talking heads who aren't completely obnoxious?

Clevinger

jamesinclair said:
Its 9pm, how many lawsuits have been filed?

The fact that every democrat doesnt have a healthy lead means there has been massive voter fraud.

Theres no way the good people of Wisconsin are such idiots.

lol

SolKane said:
Watching the election results on MSNBC... wow this Ed Schultz guy is unbearable. Does this network have any talking heads who aren't completely obnoxious?

Maddow. Though she gets smug far too often, so maybe she doesn't count either.

tokkun

District 32 will be a lock for Democrats. I just took a look at the AP breakdown by county. Most of the outstanding votes are from Vernon county, which Kloppenberg won by 10 pts, and La Crosse, which she won by 18 pts.

Mrbob

I live in the Hopper recall district. Voted today and there was a pretty big turnout. I thought it would be a big boost for the union loved back King but Randy has a small lead which is good.

Wisconsin is one a few states that made a tough decision and we are reaping the benefits now of better economic stability. Maybe Obama should take a look at what Walker has done in his short time in office to balance the budget.

Loudninja

tokkun said:
District 32 will be a lock for Democrats. I just took a look at the AP breakdown by county. Most of the outstanding votes are from Vernon county, which Kloppenberg won by 10 pts, and La Crosse, which she won by 18 pts.
Link to the breakdown please :)

Mrbob said:
I live in the Hopper recall district. Voted today and there was a pretty big turnout. I thought it would be a big boost for the union loved back King but Randy has a small lead which is good.

Wisconsin is one a few states that made a tough decision and we are reaping the benefits now of better economic stability. Maybe Obama should take a look at what Walker has done in his short time in office to balance the budget.

Sorry but cutting and basically doing away with Union rights isn't something that should be done anywhere. There are other ways to improve an economy.

gkryhewy

Mrbob said:

Notsureifserious

SolKane

Clevinger said:
Maddow. Though she gets smug far too often, so maybe she doesn't count either.

tumblr_lll1kt2NIg1qk1x1mo1_250.jpg

Smug, you say?

Chichikov

Mrbob said:

must. not. tag. quote.

ehh fuck it.

2iav0py.gif

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Mrbob said:

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.wi.htm

Numbers on this page seem to be going the wrong way. Unemployment has increased since January.

Ulairi

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Its 9pm, how many lawsuits have been filed?

The fact that every democrat doesnt have a healthy lead means there has been massive voter fraud.

Theres no way the good people of Wisconsin are such idiots.

I voted in WI for Darling. :)

And I am from San Francisco. Just want to give you a good night.

tokkun

gkryhewy said:
Looks to me like the DEMs will get their 3 seats, maybe 4. Night all.

I think that's quite unlike. My prediction is one at this point - maybe two if something radically changes in 18.

Dems are ahead in 8 by a large margin right now, but don't be fooled. That district contains Waukesha and Washington counties, which are just as conservative as Madison is liberal.

Ulairi

Banned
slit said:
AP is reporting that Pasch has taken a lead over Darling. It's still too close to call though.

They just got a lot of results from Milwaukee. Waukesha still has a lot of votes left to be counted. Darling most likely is going to win.

I don't what's sadder, the fact that Dems are losing Wisconsin, or the fact that there are people in the state actually stupid enough to re-elect those fucktarded Republicans

Cyrillus

TacticalFox88 said:
I don't what's sadder, the fact that Dems are losing Wisconsin, or the fact that there are people in the state actually stupid enough to re-elect those fucktarded Republicans
Mrbob said:

And now they've invaded GAF! D:

Ulairi

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:

Well, when you have great political minds like yours how can you lose?

tokkun

Ulairi said:
If the % remains constant in District 8, Darling will keep her seat and the Dems will lose big.

I doubt that many independent observers really though that Darling had a chance to lose. Prosser won that district by 40,000 votes before the Waukesha magic box of votes was found. It is almost inconceivable that she would lose.

The more surprising result is Hopper. He comes from a fairly conservative district, but I had expected his "using his position to get his mistress a cushy government job" scandal to have turned off conservative voters from showing up to the polls.

ToxicAdam

TacticalFox88 said:

FEEL MY RAGE!! RAWR

tokkun

Mrbob said:
King just took a small lead over Hopper, looks like some of the union votes finally were counted.

It's still very unlikely. No votes in from Fon du Lac, which Prosser won by 22 pts. Not to mention that Hopper owns every radio station there. Things will reverse soon enough.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Mrbob said:

That report said that increased tourism helped add to the jobs numbers... How does the anti-union stuff play into that?

also:

Even though Wisconsin added almost 10,000 jobs in June, the state's unemployment rate actually nudged up for the month to 7.6 percent, up 0.2 percentage points.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...3c8-11e0-9a8f-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1UaccQefe

Doesn't seem like Wisconsin is doing amazingly.

The uptick in jobs may be a seasonal thing as well. According to that article.

Ulairi

Banned
scorcho said:
It must feel nice to live in a city where entire sidewalks aren't embedded with stairs.

I miss my home like there is no tomorrow and I'll be moving back next year. I just wanted to live somewhere else for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom