• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

OK, let's talk about Obama planting veterans on campaign stops for "surprise" visits at diners to talk about healthcare:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...eterans-at-portland-diner-were-likely-plants/

Yeah, might not have been a good idea to have bios of the guys to give to the press pool on hand if you actually want to stage it as a surprise.

you go to the most inane sites on the internet to post your news from, of which your news is bullshit. When i have to search for other sites and see it all linked back to a hack blog, and referenced on ar15forum.com I know i'm in for a sneak peek behind the genius of kosmo. i mean i'm less and less inclined that you even try

had a thought

pelosi should tell boehner that democrats won't support a continuing resolution unless they allow the bush tax cuts for under 250,000 to be voted on as a separate bill

so boehner can shut down the government by either not dealing with republicans (who want any CR to defund affordable care act) or not dealing with democrats

Kosmo

Banned
you go to the most inane sites on the internet to post your news from, of which your news is bullshit. When i have to search for other sites and see it all linked back to a hack blog, and referenced on ar15forum.com I know i'm in for a sneak peek behind the genius of kosmo. i mean i'm less and less inclined that you even try

So you're saying this diner chat was not staged, as originally reported?:

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2012/07/more_on_presidents_visit_to_ga.html

After landing in Portland this morning, President Barack Obama made an unscheduled stop at the Gateway Breakfast House, a low-slung diner known for its large portions at 11411 N.E. Halsey St.

Is your problem with the site you have to go to or the facts? What is on your list of approved sites, Kos, TPM, 538, NYT, what else?

gcubed

So you're saying this diner chat was not staged, as originally reported?:

Is your problem with the site you have to go to or the facts?

the diner chat was clearly staged, i'm saying that no one is saying otherwise other then your site. I mean i've tried to read as much as i can following links to some skeevy sites and still see no mention of anyone claiming otherwise.

The Oregon Live article clearly states...

On Tuesday morning, all three met with a staffer and were driven to the restaurant and arrived shortly before Obama. The three said the restaurant workers and other patrons received notice only a few minutes before the president arrived.

Unscheduled doesn't mean it was a surprise visit with random people. I mean, you think they are really that dumb? Its your singular shittastic blog making that portion up.

Farmboy

I don't like those "pure independent" numbers.

On the surface they don't look too good (though also not terrible) for Obama. But we need something to compare them to. I can imagine all negative ads tend to be judged harshly but are effective regardless.

Could be wrong though... are there scores available for a negative ad we know was highly successful (the swift boat one, for example)? That might be a good baseline.

DynamicG

keep trying...

And he will keep trying until people finally start actively ignoring him.

I know he's a fun conservative boogyman to fight, but it doesn't lead anywhere. I have only seen one or two threads where his presence lead to actual discussion instead of a ridiculous side argument about some inane link he found.

This thread deserves better conservative representation.

Burnn

"We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."

-- British Prime Minister David Cameron, quoted by the Daily Telegraph, slapping back at suggestions from Mitt Romney that Britain wasn't prepared for the 2012 Olympic games.

Wilsongt

OK, let's talk about Obama planting veterans on campaign stops for "surprise" visits at diners to talk about healthcare:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...eterans-at-portland-diner-were-likely-plants/

Yeah, might not have been a good idea to have bios of the guys to give to the press pool on hand if you actually want to stage it as a surprise.

At least it was about healthcare. He could have sat down with some Veterans and could have been asked about gay marriage only to find out the veterans were partners.

That would have been embarr -- oh wait...

Loudninja

Mitt Romney walks back comments on Olympic troubles as he kicks off UK visit

Romney, who ran the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City, expressed some doubts when asked by NBC News Wednesday night if London was ready for the Games.

"You know, it's hard to know just how well it will turn out," Romney said. "There are a few things that were disconcerting, the stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials — that obviously is not something which is encouraging."
On Thursday, Romney struck a more optimistic tone.

“My experience with regards to the Olympics is it is impossible for absolutely no mistakes to occur,” he said during a joint appearance at Parliament with Labor leader Ed Miliband, according to Politico.

"Of course there will be errors from time to time, but those are all overshadowed by the extraordinary demonstrations of courage, character and determination by the athletes," he continued. “And as soon as the sporting events begin, we all forget the organizers and focus on the athletes.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ele...pic-troubles-kicks-uk-visit-article-1.1122189

Tim-E

Is your problem with the site you have to go to or the facts? What is on your list of approved sites, Kos, TPM, 538, NYT, what else?

Heaven forbid someone get their news from a newspaper and not one of the inane, unprofessional, unsourced blogs you get yours from.

Averon

Amazing. How can Mitt fucked up this London trip? Insult the UK's ability to hold the Olympics just as you're trying to build relationships. How smart!! This guy is a walking disaster.

Tim-E

Amazing how can Mitt fucked up this London trip. Insult the UK's ability to hold the Olympics just as you're trying to build relationships. How smart!! This guy is a walking disaster.

I RAN THE WINTER OLYMPICS IN SALT LAKE CITY GUYS SO YOU SHOULD TAKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AT HEART BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT IM DOING

Mitt screws up in trying to remind people of the only worthwhile thing he can campaign on at this point.

It's sad how many "I Don't Believe the Liberal Media" bumper stickers I see here in Oklahoma.

*sigh*

I'm in West Virginia, so I know that feel bro.

Unscheduled doesn't mean it was a surprise visit with random people. I mean, you think they are really that dumb? Its your singular shittastic blog making that portion up.

Yeah, do completely unscheduled events and all of a sudden you're arguing with a gay Vietnam veteran about the constitutionality of gay marriage in front of his husband.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Romney is an absolute fucking disaster. How badly can a foreign trip go? Particularly to Britain, the tutorial level of American presidential foreign affairs.

Tim-E

Romney is an absolute fucking disaster. How badly can a foreign trip go? Particularly to Britain, the tutorial level of American presidential foreign affairs.

Honsestly, if you can't get through a trip in Britain without causing a scene with their prime minister, you shouldn't even leave the country.

What DOES he have to campaign on at this point? This was supposed to be his "look presidential in other countries trip" right? Even Scott Walker said that he can't just run as "not Obama"

“I think there’s a lot of caution. I think the mistake that they’ve made is the feeling like it can just be a referendum on the president,” said Walker on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “It’s certainly a part of it for any incumbent; it’s got to be a referendum on, do you like or dislike, not just the president, but his policies … but there’s got to be something more. People don’t just vote somebody out; they’ve got to vote somebody in.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78943.html#ixzz21jtzLsnX

Kosmo

Banned
I can't even imagine the disbelief that will occur here if Obama loses in November. I wouldn't bet on it, but it would probably be the biggest meltdown in Off Topic GAF history.

I can't even imagine the disbelief that will occur here if Obama loses in November. I wouldn't bet on it, but it would probably be the biggest meltdown in Off Topic GAF history.

There would have been a much bigger meltdown in '08, especially after the Palin pick.

Tim-E

If libs can stomach the outcomes of the 2000 and 2004 elections, they can stomach just about anything.

Kosmo

Banned
If libs can stomach the outcomes of the 2000 and 2004 elections, they can stomach just about anything.

I don't know, there you were just missing out on a couple of long time Washington insider white dudes. We're talking about the Messiah.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I love when poligaf and gaminggaf collide.

:)

Kosmo

Banned
Okay, I'll admit; I laughed at this one. :lol

See, we can find common ground. Just like this is the most hilarious thing in the election yet:

o-BANE-CAPITAL-ROMNEY-570.jpg

Loudninja

Team Obama To Mark 100 Days Until Election With 4200 Events
[T]he campaign is planning more than 4,200 grassroots events in states across the country. This weekend’s efforts will be branded around First Lady Michelle Obama’s new grassroots organizing initiative called “It Takes One,” which asks everyone to commit to taking at least one action to help reelect President Obama – from registering one more voter to recruiting one more volunteer to anything else that helps the larger effort. The weekend will include events focused on voter registration, recruitment of new volunteers, and gaining commitments from undecided voters to vote for President Obama, among others.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/team-obama-to-mark-100-days-until-election

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

You think that's bad? It's nothing compared to the meltdown of the American economy that would follow.

Puddles

Banned
And he will keep trying until people finally start actively ignoring him.

I know he's a fun conservative boogyman to fight, but it doesn't lead anywhere. I have only seen one or two threads where his presence lead to actual discussion instead of a ridiculous side argument about some inane link he found.

This thread deserves better conservative representation.

There's some great conservative representation. ToxicAdam, AlteredBeast, etc. Problem is the Republicans have gone so far off the deep end that even these guys are fed up with it.

Remember, the Democrats would be a center-right party in most developed nations.

The best part will be 4 years of conservative whining about how spineless & lame Romney is.
Beck and Limbaugh CAN'T WAIT to start tearing Mitt a new asshole again after all their tongue-biting.

RDreamer

haha Romney didn't know our Labour party leader's name (Ed Miliband). He kept calling him Mr Leader. He isn't even in the government.

He looks so fucking weird when he talks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19000272

(does this work in the US?)

Wow, he does look really really awkward in this. His entire body is just stiff, and his hands are lifeless at his side. He looks like a kid, scared to death as he gives a speech in front of his class. Kind of weird because I've never noticed him like that before with him.

Disbelief isn't really the right word. I still believe Romney has a really great chance to win, and so it wouldn't surprise me. No, what I'd feel is disgust and disdain for my fellow Americans that voted for that turd. Most of all I'd probably feel a helluva lot of fear for my future, not just the shorter term, but the longer term. Now's the time when my wife and I are supposed to be building a life and family and planning for the future. I really truly believe Romney's policies will screw up the economy, which would screw up the trajectory of the rest of our lives. That's not even mentioning the possibility of messing with medicare and social security to a point where we're screwed with that, too, or his possible appointments to the supreme courts which will have a lot of consequences to our future. Yeah, I'd just be pretty afraid I guess.

Tim-E

Wow, he does look really really awkward in this. His entire body is just stiff, and his hands are lifeless at his side. He looks like a kid, scared to death as he gives a speech in front of his class. Kind of weird because I've never noticed him like that before with him.

I agree, because lately it seems like he's been doing slightly better at being less stiff when talking to people.

Tim-E

If this is what all of that super PAC money is going into, I'm not worried about the "being outspent" factor much lol

ToxicAdam

He is so conservative.

Dude would totally vote for George HW and the early 90's Republicans if someone could bring them back.

Puddles is right. I probably would have voted for Jon Huntsman if he won the nomination. I strongly supported McCain in 2000 and Kemp in 1996.

But, I do vote for Democrats sometimes. I've pulled the lever for people like John Glenn, Sherrod Brown, Marcy Kaptur and a handful of other locals that people wouldn't recognize.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
If the GOP Super PACs' plan is character assassination (a la 2004), it won't work nearly as well on Obama as it did on Kerry.

It is absurd to think they are continuing to try - from nomination to now they have been doing it. To no avail, outside of voters who wouldn't have voted democrat anyway.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
True, character assassination doesn't work against incumbents like it does with challengers.

Obama's also weathered about as much brutal character assassination as they can muster over the last four years. He has only a few things in his past that they could use (Rev. Wright, etc) and the GOP constantly harping on them has, IMO, backfired because now its just background noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom