• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/26/romney-foreign-swing-underway-as-candidate-meets-with-british-leaders/

Mitt Romney described his Thursday meetings with British political leaders as "enlightening and instructive" on the first day of his nearly week-long foreign tour.

Romney said he and Cameron discussed volatile situations in Syria and Iran, though he declined to describe the discussion in detail.

"We did speak at some length about Syria, about Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya as well as Pakistan, Afghanistan, among other places in the world," Romney said. "I don't want to refer to any comments made by leaders representing other nations. Nor do I want to describe foreign policy positions I might have while I'm on foreign soil. I think discussions of foreign policy should be made by the president and the current administration not by those that are seeking office."

What was the point of the trip then?

They can through SuperPacs I think.

Wait. That can't be true....

Apparently you missed Obama's recent foreign fundraisers. November is Shitstain vs. Shitstain time!

Let's also ignore the complete lack of interest the 2008 Obama campaign had in even attempting to verify credit card donors were valid:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/obamas_donor_contributions_sil.html
Pamela Geller? Really. Love the Palestine mention.

but that is how much Gazans like Obama

How is Romney so bad.

Democrats lead Republicans in Pennsylvania's generic ballot 47-44. This probably won't matter much for the House elections since most of the congresscritters were shored up, but the state senate/house maps were ungerrymandered from 2000 by court order I believe. A generic Dem also leads Corbett 45-39 (c'mon Joe Sestak).

Similarly in Michigan, Snyder's numbers have rebounded a little (leads generic D by 2) but Dems have a generic ballot advantage 45-37, which could push them over the edge in the state House.

Does anybody here think that ron paul's "audit the fed" bill is gonna pass the senate?

Looks like the dems are expected to block it. 89 dems voted for it in the house though.

They should just pass it though. is there a good reason not to audit the fed?

oh my god I hate people in the far eastern Cleveland suburbs so much

one of them shared a photo on Facebook regarding the ACA that wouldn't be out of place in a Kosmo post (linked here) and I made the mistake of responding to it seriously (explaining how the ACA's one hell of a boon to private insurers and how, for example, I wouldn't be able to get insurance without it 'cos of the bit about pre-existing conditions)

only to have some other raging douchelord start ranting about how "universal health care won't work in America because hurf durf our economy depends on 'sick care'"

I can't wait to never have to deal with any of these people ever again

Does anybody here think that ron paul's "audit the fed" bill is gonna pass the senate?

Looks like the dems are expected to block it. 89 dems voted for it in the house though.

Its politicizing the Fed and gonna neuter their ammo when congress doesn't work.

Jackson50

That's nearly identical to my previous post. He's undermined two pillars of his foreign policy agenda. First, he'll eschew Obama's focus on appeasement and concentrate on our traditional allies. Second, Obama's a neophyte imperiling our interests. Only, Romney embodies the qualities he assigns Obama. He's actually woefully inexperienced on the topic.
But I believe the discussion was about world leadership as celebrity. The Dalai Lama most definitely qualifies for that, even if most people couldn't name him.
Right. Most people couldn't provide the Dalai Lama's name. But they know of him.
I knew I was forgetting some.

I think Ban Ki Moon is a bit more well know in Europe and countries where the UN is active though
Sure. He's probably a bit more famous outside the U.S. But he's still lower on the totem pole. And he's not nearly as famous as the POTUS.

526504_504307859586767_1573221778_n.jpg

Really puts shit in perspective. Goddamn.

Ahahahah. I am just watching the daily show (Wednesday ´s episode), and i can´t believe that Fox news brought 2 little girls to talk about their lemonade stand and then got burned. So damn funny.

RDreamer

Ahahahah. I am just watching the daily show (Wednesday ´s episode), and i can´t believe that Fox news brought 2 little girls to talk about their lemonade stand and then got burned. So damn funny.

I'm watching that too now, since I missed it, and Fox's coverage of that was hilarious. The "context" thing with Steve Ducey had me hitting my head on my table. Herman Cain's section in this episode was insanely hilarious, too. I really can't believe that guy was seriously running for president. He's like a real manifestation of Stephen Colbert. I can't tell if he's satire or not anymore...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm watching that too now, since I missed it, and Fox's coverage of that was hilarious. The "context" thing with Steve Ducey had me hitting my head on my table. Herman Cain's section in this episode was insanely hilarious, too. I really can't believe that guy was seriously running for president. He's like a real manifestation of Stephen Colbert. I can't tell if he's satire or not anymore...

I wasn't clear, was this new footage of Cain recorded for this episode? If so then Cain has to be satire at this point, he's been on Daily Show and Colbert Report like three times and always in a really good humor.

RDreamer

I wasn't clear, was this new footage of Cain recorded for this episode? If so then Cain has to be satire at this point, he's been on Daily Show and Colbert Report like three times and always in a really good humor.

Yeah, it's new footage. And I know he's a good sport and has fun with it, but the line between what he believes and what he's saying now, even in good fun is so blurry it's crazy. I really hope they keep bringing him on. John Oliver and him are awesome together. I'd watch a whole show of those two.

It'd give republican operatives more to go through and twist and distort and try to make a big deal out of.

Its politicizing the Fed and gonna neuter their ammo when congress doesn't work.

True. It is telling that all of a sudden, the republicans decide to push it thru.

I mean hes been trying to do this for what, decades?

There's gotta be some crazy worms in there... if that can is opened up, and i'm sure they will find a way to blame the fed's mistakes on Obama.

CHEEZMO™;40312168 said:
What happened?

CHEEZMO™;40312298 said:
Cant watch it here :(

Basically Fox news was attacking Obama because he said that people who build businesses don´t do it themselves they get help from the government in the form of infrastructure. Fox has invited to little girls (i think 6-8 years old) and asked them what do they think about what Obama said about businesses needing help. The eldest girl said it was rude, but she did get help from her father and step mom. So much for their businesses are made without help argument.

Here´s the daily show episode on the daily show besite.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

RDreamer

RDreamer

Holy shit.

I hate our news media. I do. I really really do. If Obama loses this election because shit like this was allowed to fly...

Yeah, that should seriously be something normal news calls him out on. He's hanging his entire campaign on a small grammar mistake, and they know that, and then a few days after makes literally the same speech? Someone should have said something and made a stink about it...

Holy shit.

I hate our news media. I do. I really really do. If Obama loses this election because shit like this was allowed to fly...
And not only that, but Fox didn't even show Obama's line in context. They specifically cut the sentences before and afterwards to catapult the propaganda. Nothing out of the ordinary for Fox, but what a bunch of assholes, seriously.

The Fed is already audited every year to the point it needs to be. Ron Paul is stupid and needs to go away.

RDreamer

Ouch, apparently Daily Mail political editor James Chapman tweeted this:

Another verdict from one Romney meeting: 'Apparently devoid of charm, warmth, humour or sincerity'

and this:

Serious dismay in Whitehall at Romney debut. 'Worse than Sarah Palin.' 'Total car crash'. Two of the kinder verdicts

They're just ripping into him...

Most likely just got an internship offer at the US Embassy in Ottawa rescinded because I admitted to using marijuana in the past 12 months.

I may be guest starring in the drunk thread tonight.

Snake

Quote RDreamer posted said:
Serious dismay in Whitehall at Romney debut. 'Worse than Sarah Palin.' 'Total car crash'. Two of the kinder verdict

First time in months that I've felt a little bad for Mitt.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Ouch, apparently Daily Mail political editor James Chapman tweeted this:

and this:

They're just ripping into him...

I love this, so much.

It is a shame though, in other circumstances Romney could be a really competent candidate, albeit one devoid of charisma. But he's just pissed away everything - intellectual rigour, business experience, his governorship and credibility.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I love this, so much.

It is a shame though, in other circumstances Romney could be a really competent candidate, albeit one devoid of charisma. But he's just pissed away everything - intellectual rigour, business experience, his governorship and credibility.

He was the right candidate in 2008. Coming off UHC in MA, low unemployment, and successful business operations. Didn't seem like the gigantic wet blanket that he is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom