• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

I've yet to really see anyone do a really funny obama. He's just a guy that's hard to get a funny impersonation of.

And really leaving out Palin? They did so well on that they've etched into the national memory quotes by Palin that she never said.

true, will ferrel as bush and tina fey as palin were fantastic as well.

RDreamer

What the fuck. Is Romney seriously still, with a straight face, pounding on this welfare crap? He just said Obama's removing the work requirement "in some cases." Come on.

Romney is using a whiteboard? hahahaha

anyone watching this romney event in South Carolina? dudes got a whiteboard and marker talking about medicare.

Glenn Beck started this crap (or al gore with his oscar winning power point?). I think the GOP uses it for all the old people because it gives them an semblance of non partisan political intelligence. "See were like teachers, not politicians, its just the facts, vote for us, we'll save you from these evil zeros that your kids are gonna have to go into slavery to pay back!"

KingGondo

Banned
SNL has gone to shit with Obama in office, they dont have a great impersonator, and they dont write as well. Man, Perot, HW Bush, Clinton, Gore... that was the best time for SNL political spoofing
I think what Chris Rock said is true--it's hard to make fun of Obama because he's too cool and likeable. I mean, the motherfucker brought the house down at the Apollo with "Let's Stay Together" with Al Green in the audience. That trumps Clinton's sax on Arsenio easily.

He compared it to trying to make a joke about Brad Pitt--"Look at you, with your gorgeous-ass wife, beautiful adopted children, and making tens of millions of dollars being in movies and re-building parts of New Orleans!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Glenn Beck started this crap (or al gore with his oscar winning power point?). I think the GOP uses it for all the old people because it gives them an semblance of non partisan political intelligence. "See were like teachers, not politicians, its just the facts, vote for us, we'll save you from these evil zeros that your kids are gonna have to go into slavery to pay back!"

Except they demonize the only actual teacher in the race.

I think what Chris Rock said is true--it's hard to make fun of Obama because he's too cool and likeable. I mean, the motherfucker brought the house down at the Apollo with "Let's Stay Together" with Al Green in the audience. That trumps Clinton's sax on Arsenio easily.

He compared it to trying to make a joke about Brad Pitt--"Look at you, with your gorgeous-ass wife, beautiful adopted children, and making tens of millions of dollars being in movies and re-building parts of New Orleans!"

Or It's because he's incrediblily stale and boring? Gore entertained when he tried to act normal. Obama constantly seems like he's measuring every word because if he says "the" too much he might lose 13 votes, according to some crazy focus group he commissioned

For all his charisma he strikes me as a socks with sandals guy

Owzers

Romney is using a whiteboard? hahahaha

Had to write down all those details about his medicare plan to honestly inform the voters of HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. He wrote two words to describe his plan.

Current Seniors : Nothing
Next Generation: Solvent.

WHAT A PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDreamer

Had to write down all those details about his medicare plan to honestly inform the voters of HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. He wrote two words to describe his plan.

Current Seniors : Nothing
Next Generation: Solvent.

WHAT A PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Seniors: Seniors pls. I need your vote!
Next Generation: You can get fucked and die early for all I care

KingGondo

Banned
Or It's because he's incrediblily stale and boring? Gore entertained when he tried to act normal. Obama constantly seems like he's measuring every word because if he says "the" too much he might lose 13 votes, according to some crazy focus group he commissioned

I'll take boring and likable (Obama) over boring and creepy (Mittens).

gcubed

When did he say this?

Not that I believe him since he's already lied about what's in his tax returns...

if he's not going to release them he can say what he wants, but i dont think anyone believes him at this point. There is no way that a guy who makes all his money in capital gains paid more in taxes after the market crash then he did two years ago

Also... why? WHY?!? You shifted away from the daily rhetoric on your tax returns with Ryan, and you willingly bring it back up?

pigeon

Banned

Ain't no kama'aina ever wore socks with slippers.

Seriously, though, I went to the same high school as Obama (albeit 20 years or so later), and Punahou is pretty explicitly designed to teach people of color, in an environment where they are the majority, to thrive and hold positions of power in a country where they aren't. The lessons are: always take the high ground; always have something in reserve; always know what's expected; always say less than you mean; always have someone else to blame. (I was a lousy student.) So I don't think he's really a staid guy -- staid guys don't get away with fucking up the rotation -- but I understand why he seems that way. I remember being a little uncomfortable way back in the Denocratic primaries because of how much he reminded me of the people I went to school with.

eznark

Banned
Having your opponents sealed divorce records made public against the will of both the ex-wife and your opponent doesn't scream "high ground" to me.

Tim-E

hahahahaha Romney spends weeks trying to dodge the tax question, and in a week when it'd be rather easy for him to talk about something else, he brings up his tax returns himself. This guy.

Tim-E

Expected. He's still riding off VP nomination bump. Give it another week or two.

That, and Purple Strategies is Republican-leaning according to Silver.

But if you simply average all the data that post-dates the unveiling of Mr. Ryan as Mr. Romney’s running mate, we’re getting largely the same story that we did on Tuesday. Mr. Romney has gained a net of one point, on average, in the eleven polls conducted wholly or partially after his announcement of Mr. Ryan, compared to the prior renditions of the same surveys in the same states. This is a below-average “bounce” for the selection of a vice presidential candidate; in past elections, the bounce has averaged in the neighborhood of 4 percentage points instead.

However, considering that the polls coincided with the announcement of Mr. Ryan, and that Purple Strategies polls have been a bit Republican-leaning so far this cycle (by an average of 2 points relative to the consensus), they aren’t quite as interesting.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/aug-15-to-bounce-or-not-to-bounce/

Tim-E

Also, they have Obama leading in Colorado still. I doubt Obama loses there. In addition, the Romney camp seems to be wanting to hand Iowa to Obama through his opposition of wind tax credits. If Obama wins Colorado, Nevada, and Iowa Romney could win Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia and still lose.

gcubed

its what you think is reality. If i'm not mistaken Gallup daily tracking, rassmussen and purple strategies are using 2010 turnout numbers to base their 2012 results on.

For me it seems a little ... misguided to use mid term numbers to base your presidential election results on

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
its what you think is reality. If i'm not mistaken Gallup daily tracking, rassmussen and purple strategies are using 2010 turnout numbers to base their 2012 results on.

For me it seems a little ... misguided to use mid term numbers to base your presidential election results on

That seems outright dumb. Turnout is always higher in presidential elections, using a midterm, where turnout is lower, makes no sense and will likely skew things towards an older age group.

Tim-E

I didn't know that. I don't think turnout will be as high as 2008, but it will almost definitely be higher than a midterm.

markatisu

I didn't know that. I don't think turnout will be as high as 2008, but it will almost definitely be higher than a midterm.

It will also skew more to the left and middle then a midterm. The GOP has some fantasy they will relive 2010 but its not happening because the demo is completely different

Drek

Likely voter models are 1. almost always skewed GOP and 2. almost always wrong when being ascribed to Barack Obama.

Dude's got a history of getting people out to vote. His ground game in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio has basically never stopped from 2008. He's already got a strong ground game back in place in VA, NC, and FA. He's going to make a lot of pollsters look real dumb in November.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ryan is being helped by the Biden comments. Media at least is spending a lot of time talking about Biden than about Ryan.

Come on son, people are just going "Biden gonna Biden". Even my Fox News watching dad doesn't give a shit. Cable news is cable news, the nightly news casts have been going over Ryan's record for the last few days.

gcubed

Likely voter models are 1. almost always skewed GOP and 2. almost always wrong when being ascribed to Barack Obama.

Dude's got a history of getting people out to vote. His ground game in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio has basically never stopped from 2008. He's already got a strong ground game back in place in VA, NC, and FA. He's going to make a lot of pollsters look real dumb in November.

Ras will change his methodology in October so that he won't look like a fool. Its what he does every tiime. Pushes narrative until it gets close to election time and goes to normal

markatisu

Ras will change his methodology in October so that he won't look like a fool. Its what he does every tiime. Pushes narrative until it gets close to election time and goes to normal

Yeah I lol'd last year (or a few years back, can't remember which cycle it was) when Nate basically thrashed him in a opinion piece about how he has shitty polls that skew to the right on purpose and only changes them when its obvious he is doing it

ToxicAdam

a Boston Globe analysis of voter registration data in swing states reveals scant evidence that the massive undertaking is yielding much fresh support for Obama.
In stark contrast to 2008, when a strong partisan tailwind propelled Democratic voter registration to record levels, this year Republican and independent gains are far outpacing those of Democrats.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...gistrations/mU0Spk1B6UVfePo4Bn5GKI/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom