• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatisu

You can tell both Ann and Mitt are truly, truly outraged at the tax attacks. The entitlement is laughable.

I could not believe her this week, she acted so appalled and then tried to feign the victim.

You will be mean and scrutinize us if we release our taxes, we have nothing to hide so that is why we don't release them. Shit must only make sense to a rich person.

Sometimes I wonder if they do realize they are running for PRESIDENT

Mike M

Nick N
What was that thing about the Romney campaign panicking if they knew what the Obama campaign was sitting on? Was that from someone with actual knowledge, or just speculation?

Ann Romney is no fool. She's seen the writing on the wall and knows they're likely going to lose this thing. So why eat any more shit than she has to? She'd rather keep her business private than to win the White House. I get it, she just obviously can't say that out loud.

Tim-E

What was that thing about the Romney campaign panicking if they knew what the Obama campaign was sitting on? Was that from someone with actual knowledge, or just speculation?

http://thepage.time.com/2012/07/17/status-of-bain-and-romneys-tax-returns/#ixzz20uCrZlvW

But Romney has not collapsed in the polls by any means, and the President remains short of the magical 50% in most surveys. Maybe Romney’s foreign trip, VP selection, and convention will organically turn the page for him in time. But there are a lot of nervous Republicans outside the campaign who don’t think that’s true. And most of those nervous Republicans would be even more nervous if they knew what Chicago was still, patiently, sitting on.

Paches

i really have a hard time believe the entirety of the GOP is that stupid to think this is a good idea.

and Romney's we have nothing to hide? We have nothing to hide!!! but no you can't see!

Usually GOP stupidity is amplified in the local races and stuff. At the RNC you would think they would have the sense not to do something like this.

Usually GOP stupidity is amplified in the local races and stuff. At the RNC you would think they would have the sense not to do something like this.
itWoJob5zHRJQ.jpg

background here if needed.

Tim-E

I don't really follow Halperin, but perhaps he has some source who worked in the McCain campaign who has the tax returns Romney gave to them during the VP vetting process. The Wiki article for Game Change said they interviewed over 300 people from the 2008 campaign while writing it.

codhand

I don't really follow Halperin, but perhaps he has some source who worked in the McCain campaign who has the tax returns Romney gave to them during the VP vetting process. The Wiki article for Game Change said they interviewed over 300 people from the 2008 campaign while writing it.

That makes me think it might be ol' Steve the Rhino Schmidt.

background here if needed.

Wow, I was gonna ask what's up with the band-aid. "The smear continues on the floor of Madison Square Garden," That it all went down in NYC makes it even more upsetting. Republicans really can't say shit between the famous Willie Horton and Swift-boat attacks. Not a big Kerry fan but Rove invented a lot the things people complain about now.

eznark

Banned

If the McCain team had more than what has already been released they would be out by now.

Tim-E

If the McCain team had more than what has already been released they would be out by now.

http://www.boston.com/politicalinte...tax-attacks/477qVZ70ggYF2JcTzAYSIN/story.html

When he was being considered as a possible vice presidential pick four years ago, Romney gave John McCain’s campaign 23 years of tax returns. He has received steady criticism, including from some in his party, for only releasing his 2011 returns and an estimate on his 2012 in his run for the presidency.

My man:

The Killers’ drummer cops to groping first lady

In an interview with seminal music mag NME, The Killers’ drummer Ronnie Vannucci Jr. admitted to being even grabbier than the band’s soaring, luscious rock. Notably he got a a little too close to first lady Michelle Obama:

“Playing the White House was great,” the drummer said. “But I ended up grabbing Michelle Obama’s ass. She’s a hugger! And she’s unexpectedly tall so, when we were all being introduced to them, she went in for the hug, and because she’s so tall, she ended up with her arms over me like this. Which meant that, the way I had positioned myself, suddenly I found I was grabbing her ass.”

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/16/killers_drummer_cops_to_groping_first_lady/

eznark

Banned
^ Oh definitely, no team dirtier. I wouldn't assume they got them from McCain though. I'd guess they've had them since he was elected in MA.

Sorry, meat to say "has." If I am "releasing" tax returns I'd do so in a controlled environment and let them be audited but not duplicated. I'm sure McCain's team has seen them, but that doesn't mean they have anything to send to the press.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My man:

The Killers’ drummer cops to groping first lady

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/16/killers_drummer_cops_to_groping_first_lady/

Sure you did it accidentally, sure whatever you says dude.

^ Oh definitely, no team dirtier

Sorry, meat to say "has." If I am "releasing" tax returns I'd do so in a controlled environment and let them be audited but not duplicated. I'm sure McCain's team has seen them, but that doesn't mean they have anything to send to the press.

Pretty much, the things are like gold for him. There is no way he lets copies just wander around, if he did we would have seen them already.

Can you just imagine the ad?

Start with Romney staying he never paid less than 13%.

Move on to Ann talking about his integrity.

Then show the 2008 return.

Narrator says Rooney paid just 2% in 2008.

Repeat the first two quotes with the number on the screen.

What else had mitt Romney lied about?

It would be the best political as in history, beating out the robot cars one

Tim-E

I see what you mean now. My bad.

AndyD

aka andydumi
No, there's plenty of news. There are issues to discuss, events to report on, 24/7, all across the country, all across the world.

Our news media would rather focus on 1 or 2 pieces of celebrity gossip or political gaffes with propaganda and rhetoric for an entire week, though.

Yep.

RDreamer

Man, the advertisements on CNN are like 60% anti-Obama. I've had it on in the background today and I don't think I saw a single pro-Obama one at all.

LilZippa

truly truly truly outrageous

So who wins the battle between, Mitt's "honest integrity" and Reid's "source"?

Reid's source is of course Ron Paul who will release the tax returns that show Mitt payed 0% for a few years and get the nod at the convention it is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom