• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

CNN's reporting Wisconsin as a toss-up based on a poll that has Obama up 49%-45%. Uh?

Now that Ryan is the nominee they have another state they can add to the list of PA and MI; states they pretend are swing states so the race looks closer when in fact they'll be called for Obama the minute the polls close.

RDreamer

... the fuck? This analysis is hilariously wacky.

They ask King what happens if Romney gets Wisconsin. King says if Wisconsin turns red, then so does Ohio... for some reason. Then he might get Florida, and then oh look he's only 7 votes away!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
... the fuck? This analysis is hilariously wacky.

They ask King what happens if Romney gets Wisconsin. King says if Wisconsin turns red, then so does Ohio... for some reason. Then he might get Florida, and then oh look he's only 7 votes away!

Wasn't King fired for being a moron?

Is RNC really doing a fauxbama debate with Donald Trump?

Fucking really?

Also, that Wisconsin poll was conducted after the Ryan pick was announced, 8/13-8/14.

Black Republican said:
if u ever see the obama campaign stumping in WI you know they're being chicken littles
I think they should if only to help Baldwin's numbers out.

I can't picture many Obama-Thompson voters but I'm sure there will be a few, more than Romney-Baldwin certainly.

Drek

If the McCain team had more than what has already been released they would be out by now.

No they wouldn't.

If anyone has anything real on Romney's tax history they'll wait until October, probably mid-October, to drop that bomb.

Right now it would just be part of the election narrative and basically close the door for an Obama win. What journalist or political pundit wants that?

Instead whoever has them can sit on them until mid-October while the whole 24 hour news industry makes bank, then drop the bomb in October when the race can still be falsely reported as semi-close.

Instantly the person who has them becomes the man/woman who decided an election. They'd go on any talk show they want, get offered book deals immediately, and likely wind up with their own show on one of the news networks.

The smart career play for anyone sitting on that bombshell is to slow play their hand until it has maximum impact.

eznark

Banned
No they wouldn't.

If anyone has anything real on Romney's tax history they'll wait until October, probably mid-October, to drop that bomb.

Right now it would just be part of the election narrative and basically close the door for an Obama win. What journalist or political pundit wants that?

Instead whoever has them can sit on them until mid-October while the whole 24 hour news industry makes bank, then drop the bomb in October when the race can still be falsely reported as semi-close.

Instantly the person who has them becomes the man/woman who decided an election. They'd go on any talk show they want, get offered book deals immediately, and likely wind up with their own show on one of the news networks.

The smart career play for anyone sitting on that bombshell is to slow play their hand until it has maximum impact.

I wish I lived in a Hollywood movie.

No they wouldn't.

that would be some nas ether ish right there

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No they wouldn't.

No journalist has it yet, if it is out there. Even the shittiest journalist would have reported on it by now. I could see your scenario if a pundit had it, but it would have to be a slimy as hell pundit with no regard for their actions who only cares about themselves. It's more likely, if it's out there, that someone associated with a campaign has it and is just waiting for the right time to do the most damage.

No they wouldn't.

Will this be dropping before or after the whitey tape?

No they wouldn't.

Obama knows what it is, though I wonder how/if he could somehow get it to "leak" without the fallout coming back towards him?

Are they still on that $700 billion talking point?
yeesh.

Same 700b in Ryan's budget, which Romney has said he's sign multiple times. Amazing.

Whipping out the whiteboard could finally force journalists to do their jobs. It seems like specific numbers compel them to do their job. Any factual look at the Medicare cuts in Obamacare will conclude they don't effect benefits

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there a particular reason why presidential candidates are not required to release tax returns?

There's no law saying they have to, it's just one of those things that they do to show that "Hey! We don't take advantage of the system." or "Hey! See, I'm on the up and up, I pay my taxes just like you."

And everyone in the Beltway is asking the same question - WHY? Why is a candidate for national election working so hard to anger moderates and swing voters? Why is he appealing to fans of Ayn Rand instead of grandma's on Social Security? Why is he working so hard to widen his party's gender gap? Surely, they say, this is a losing strategy - by trying to appeal to the fringe of his party, he's handing Obama the election, right? RIGHT???

Under ordinary circumstance, that would be "right," but this year that's not the case. If you look at these actions as a part of a concerted strategy it all makes sense. Basically, the strategy is the mother of all "Hail Mary Passes" - but it very well could work. It goes like this: do everything you can to fire up your base while at the same time, by hook or by crook, suppress the other guy's base. Then you only have to rely on a squeaker win in a couple of counties in a couple of states to shift the whole nation your way. It allows you to target resources very narrowly, and for election officials in control of only a couple of pivotal precincts to have tremendous power in our admittedly very partisan, very divided country.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...urgh-Stealers-The-Voter-ID-Paul-Ryan-Strategy

Obligatory lol Daily Kos, I'm no conspiracy believer etc...but the more I look at this election, the more this seems like the case. Florida, PA, and Ohio all have vote suppression issues. If you shit can enough votes in Philly, you can swing a close election.

eznark

Banned
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...urgh-Stealers-The-Voter-ID-Paul-Ryan-Strategy

Obligatory lol Daily Kos, I'm no conspiracy believer etc...but the more I look at this election, the more this seems like the case. Florida, PA, and Ohio all have vote suppression issues. If you shit can enough votes in Philly, you can swing a close election.

If the Dane County judge hadn't blocked the Wisconsin voter ID vote, I'd say Romney would be the favorite. Obama better send that judge a gift basket in November.

Brian Williams was on The Daily Show last night talking about how their political team eschews talk of swing states and says it will *all* come down to just 12 counties.

Crazy.

XenodudeX

This voter suppression thing.. is it really going to be a problem in November?
It could be but Obama has the advantage in enough states right now that just flipping Ohio or something might not be enough to win the election for the GOP.

But of course, the race could get closer.

It could be but Obama has the advantage in enough states right now that just flipping Ohio or something might not be enough to win the election for the GOP.

But of course, the race could get closer.

It's not just Ohio though. Add Florida and PA to that. I know PA isn't a swing state, but if enough votes are withheld who knows what happens. Regardless of how old people view Ryan, whoever wins the state will likely do so with a bare majority; again, more than enough to be impacted by Scott's voter purge.

It's not just Ohio though. Add Florida and PA to that. I know PA isn't a swing state, but if enough votes are withheld who knows what happens. Regardless of how old people view Ryan, whoever wins the state will likely do so with a bare majority; again, more than enough to be impacted by Scott's voter purge.
Could Republicans really steal all 3 though? Ehhh.

And none of the county supervisors in FL are going through with Scott's purge.

I am worried though if PA's voter law goes through. I really hope Obama/OFA are planning on a huge voter registration drive in Pennsylvania if that's the case.

Is RNC really doing a fauxbama debate with Donald Trump?

Fucking really?

Probably be more like this:

Faux Obama - -"Hope, change, yes we can" speech-

Trump - ::rolls out to enormous applause::
"You're fired. The American people said that you're fired!"

- garbage country music begins to play-

Probably be more like this:

Faux Obama - -"Hope, change, yes we can" speech-

Trump - ::rolls out to enormous applause::
"You're fired. The American people said that you're fired!"

- garbage country music begins to play-
Needs a few more "You didn't build that!"s, but yeah, my money's on this ;P

Obama was down 1 point to Romney in Missouri THIS WEEK and Mizzou is lean Romney on CNN's map, yet Obama leads by 4 in Wisconsin and it's a toss-up? Whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom