• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

UXyte.jpg

Everyone should hate Ed Schultz. He is, unquestionably, the worst political pundit on cable television in America. Worse than the entirety of Fox News. He makes even the worst Fox person look non-biased and totally professional.

If there is one thing the left and right should agree on, it should be getting Ed Schultz off of any media he gets his face on.

I'm not a huge fan, fairly neutral, but how in the FUCK could you even say he's worse than Fox News? You'd have be doing some extreme mental gymnastics to arrive at that conclusion.

At Best Shultz is tolerable, at worse, simply annoying.

Don't watch a lot of American News Channels, but when I happened to see this Ed guy on MSNBC, I was immediately reminded of Fox News. Loud, opinionated, partisan.

The idea of pundits is pretty foreign to me. Sure, invite opinionated people to your shows, but don't have your tv hosts and representatives of your network be as idiotic and opinionated as the people they're supposed to grill. Doesn't make any sense...*

ratings!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Ed Schultz says many things I agree with, yet I still hate him. The guy represents a lot of what is wrong with cable news almost as much as anybody on Fox News. Almost.

stressboy

Everyone should hate Ed Schultz. He is, unquestionably, the worst political pundit on cable television in America. Worse than the entirety of Fox News. He makes even the worst Fox person look non-biased and totally professional.

If there is one thing the left and right should agree on, it should be getting Ed Schultz off of any media he gets his face on.

I am not a fan of his, but in no way is he worse than Hannity.

ToxicAdam

I saw a few political bumper stickers today and it made me think of making one that said "It doesn't matter how informed you are, your vote only counts as much as some idiot that watches cable news all day. Apathy 2012"

Actually, their vote counts more than yours.

Indeed.

Why do I bother fretting. Living in California, it is not like my vote matters.

I should get rid of my California registration and register in Florida at my parents place the way Mitt registered as living in his son's basement.

Actually, their vote counts more than yours.

Hah, yeah I should have caught that.

I also live in California and it's why I prefer voting in local elections. With such low turnouts, my single vote has 1/10 of the voting power to determine the city mayor or the school superintendent.

AniHawk

Dean knows how to push that guys buttons lol. Whole thing was kind of annoying though. Dean needs to work on how he communicates his points -- he won't change anybody's mind like that.

yeah but it was funny watching the kid in the bowtie on the verge of tears like that.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Also: I get (and agree) that Ed Schultz is annoying and not really good at punditry and doesn't deserve a spot in prime-time, but criticizing him on grounds that he's unfair is ridiculous.

Personally, I think that both Schultz and Sharpton have terrible shows, but I believe they're both genuine in what they believe. I could be wrong about that. I don't, however, believe that Hannity is genuine.

Dean's basic message needs to be repeated non-stop, just nicer lol. Akin merely said what many republicans believe, including Paul Ryan. "Legitimate" rape is not something new, it was discussed in a bill Ryan and Akin co-sponsored.

HylianTom

Banned
http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/article1247631.ece

Former Gov. Charlie Crist: Here's why I'm backing Barack Obama

I’ve studied, admired and gotten to know a lot of leaders in my life. Across Florida, in Washington and around the country, I've watched the failure of those who favor extreme rhetoric over sensible compromise, and I've seen how those who never lose sight of solutions sow the greatest successes.

As America prepares to pick our president for the next four years — and as Florida prepares once again to play a decisive role — I'm confident that President Barack Obama is the right leader for our state and the nation. I applaud and share his vision of a future built by a strong and confident middle class in an economy that gives us the opportunity to reap prosperity through hard work and personal responsibility. It is a vision of the future proven right by our history.

I like this part..
As Republicans gather in Tampa to nominate Mitt Romney, Americans can expect to hear tales of how President Obama has failed to work with their party or turn the economy around.

But an element of their party has pitched so far to the extreme right on issues important to women, immigrants, seniors and students that they've proven incapable of governing for the people. Look no further than the inclusion of the Akin amendment in the Republican Party platform, which bans abortion, even for rape victims.

I wonder if this'll help much in Florida..

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm always amused when illiterate clowns that bathe in the filth of conservative propaganda sunup to sun-down every day of the year have the balls to tell people to wake up.

DasRaven

It's funny that Crist was considered a top contender for the GOP nomination in 2012 - that was before his Senate run fizzled out.

This is totally just sour grapes, but it can't hurt.

Sour grapes indeed, but certainly more effective sour grapes than trotting out the relatively unknown Rep. Artur Davis at the RNC.

This is a pretty good strategy on the Obama campaign's part. Counter-program the RNC's week long celebration of movement conservatism with a week of crossover endorsements to woo "independents."

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So Michele Bachman has been eerily silent since [edit] her incredibly tasteless accusations against that Muslim Woman that works for Hillary [/edit], huh?

watershed

Banned
So Michele Bachman has been eerily silent since [edit] her incredibly tasteless accusations against that Muslim Woman that works for Hillary [/edit], huh?

Ah, but you forget her intention wasn't to smear just a single muslim working in the US government but rather to expose the entire network of muslims who have wormed their way into positions of authority in government because liberals have been too afraid to subject them to McCarthy like grillings prior to hiring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom