• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Reminiscent of the reaction to Biden's treatment of Ryan, a ridiculous man deserved a ridiculous tone. The right is going to paint the Dems as arrogant no matter what, so embrace it. They deserve the condescension.

Obama must be a West Wing fan, that's literally exactly what happened in the show went Bartlet ran for reelection. The staff knew Barlet was going to come off as arrogant against his Florida cowboy opponent, so they said fuck it, embrace it.

Hunter S.

My GF was just convinced for Obama tonight as she is a teacher. Watched her vote in the mail in ballot. I am so proud right now that Romney absolutely convinced her to vote Obama. And I did not even have to say as much as the last election.

MSNBC focus group, Obama won 7-1. Undecideds.

lol this chick is like Obama won but now I'm voting for Romney.

These things are such trainwrecks.

Oh wow, someone went lean R to lean O.

Someone else switched from lean O to lean R. lol.

HylianTom

Banned
Obama must be a West Wing fan, that's literally exactly what happened in the show went Bartlet ran for reelection. The staff knew Barlet was going to come off as arrogant against his Florida cowboy opponent, so they said fuck it, embrace it.

I remember this! And I like that attitude. Many of Romney's positions are ridiculous, and should be treated as such. Make him into a joke.

(I've gotta buy the box set.)

woah, mike allen subtly putting the shiv in to CNN re: their email alert about debate..

per CNN email, "no clear winner of debate, according to CNN/ORC International Poll...Debate viewers split 48% for Obama,40% for Romney

Must have been nice back in the days when you just watched the debate itself and not pre-games, post games, live scoreboards, and whatever else they will come up with.

jmls1121

Banned
I avoided cable news the last 4 years except for the occasional Morning Joe.

I used to enjoy CNN though with Carville, Begala, Gergen and Borger.

WTF happened to CNN in the last 4 years? Its like there is a carbon monoxide leak in the studio or something.

Anyone see the MSNBC focus group? The last girl they talked to summed up why I think most undecided voters (at this point) are idiots. I seriously wonder how she decides what to wear and what to eat for breakfast. I mean damn! YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. DO SOME RESEARCH. BEING THIS INDECISIVE ISN'T HEALTHY.

DMczaf

How do you go into the debate leaning Obama, say Obama won the debate, and then say you are now leaning Romney?

I think tonight was my breaking point for undecided voters.

Some idiot on FOX News just asked why Romney didn't ask Obama why there was no rescue mission in Libya. uhhhhhh what?

She then asked why we haven't killed them and taken out the al queda training center.

my mind is full of fuck.

How do you go into the debate leaning Obama, say Obama won the debate, and then say you are now leaning Romney?

I think tonight was my breaking point for undecided voters.

The one dude who switched was the only one who said it was a tied debate.

Effect

CNN doesn't seem to understand that these very actions they're taking are why people don't watch them and watching less of them.

Trakdown

Anyone see the MSNBC focus group? The last girl they talked to summed up why I think most undecided voters (at this point) are idiots. I seriously wonder how she decides what to wear and what to eat for breakfast. I mean damn! YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. DO SOME RESEARCH. BEING THIS INDECISIVE ISN'T HEALTHY.

I take heart in the notion that people that are this aloof probably aren't voting any damn way.

Touchdown

Banned
Some idiot on FOX News just asked why Romney didn't ask Obama why there was no rescue mission in Libya. uhhhhhh what?

She then asked why we haven't killed them and taken out the al queda training center.

my mind is full of fuck.

The one dude who switched was the only one who said it was a tied debate.

tumblr_lzrz603uKG1rntezlo1_250.gif

None of them are really undecided, they're just pretending for the attention and the free shit.

IrishNinja

I avoided cable news the last 4 years except for the occasional Morning Joe.

I used to enjoy CNN though with Carville, Begala, Gergen and Borger.

WTF happened to CNN in the last 4 years? Its like there is a carbon monoxide leak in the studio or something.

CNN has gotten desperate ever since those third place ratings. It astounds me that anyone still watches them.

pretty much my answer, too - steep dropoff while murdoch kept expanding markets for fox, so CNN sees that crowd (somehow) as their target goal. they seem deathly afraid of being labeled liberal media and stuck with MSNBC ratings, i guess, but this ignores a few things:

a) FOX crowd wasnt theirs to begin with
b) anyone left of FOX (which, even on an american scale, is pretty much anything else not on AM radio) is gonna get that label anyay

so im assuming their strategy strikes them as safe and pandering to a perceived center-right feign of objectivity.
it doesn't look like it's working but i haven't seen current viewer #'s for them either, so maybe it's a long bet for them. but anecdotally? as long as i have options like NPR bringing BBC world coverage, i have no time for them either.

9282_250835955039749_2131476166_n.jpg

and for all the shitting on CNN, while it's true that domestic CNN sucks a big turd overall CNN is far, far more profitable than either FoxNews or MSNBC. their worldwide reach is incomparable and their strategy of playing it safe has led to enormous returns. plus, their overseas channels are big hits.

It's been obvious John King has a strong republican slant for a while now. It's amazing how he's basically the parody of poligaf bad news obama.

Touchdown

Banned
pretty much my answer, too - steep dropoff while murdoch kept expanding markets for fox, so CNN sees that crowd (somehow) as their target goal. they seem deathly afraid of being labeled liberal media and stuck with MSNBC ratings, i guess, but this ignores a few things:

a) FOX crowd wasnt theirs to begin with
b) anyone left of FOX (which, even on an american scale, is pretty much anything else not on AM radio) is gonna get that label anyay

so im assuming their strategy strikes them as safe and pandering to a perceived center-right feign of objectivity.
it doesn't look like it's working but i haven't seen current viewer #'s for them either, so maybe it's a long bet for them. but anecdotally? as long as i have options like NPR bringing BBC world coverage, i have no time for them either.

It's strange though if ratings are their number 1 goal, I mean msnbc has been handily beating CNN for a while now in viewership and its as if they are scared to take sides. If you wanna be right, you should go right. All this "down the middle, everything is even, both sides do it" shit is just fucking annoying.

I've long maintained the media didn't create the impression that Obama lost the first debate, he lost it fair and square - and the media merely told people what they already knew. But what's suprising tonight is that the CBS snap poll shows a larger margin for Obama than for Romney at debate #1, CNN shows an 8 point lead, PPP shows a solid lead across multiple demographics...yet CNN and ABC continue to argue this was a tie. NBC and the other networks (minus Fox of course) seemed more ready to acknowledge reality. Regardless, all the polls show a clear Obama win, and even the media's attempts to portray this as a tie won't change their minds.

It's clear so much of the media is afraid of being declared unfair or unbalanced that they cater their tone to avoid any hint of "bias." CNN truly is dedicated to denying reality just to snatch a few viewers who are allegedly so sensitive that even suggesting Obama is ahead or won something would cause them to have convulsions.

Anyway...Romney had a chance to close the deal and he didn't. Instead he reminded people why Obama is indeed a strong president on foreign policy.

I've long maintained the media didn't create the impression that Obama lost the first debate, he lost it fair and square - and the media merely told people what they already knew. But what's suprising tonight is that the CBS snap poll shows a larger margin for Obama than for Romney at debate #1, CNN shows an 8 point lead, PPP shows a solid lead across multiple demographics...yet CNN and ABC continue to argue this was a tie. NBC and the other networks (minus Fox of course) seemed more ready to acknowledge reality. Regardless, all the polls show a clear Obama win, and even the media's attempts to portray this as a tie won't change their minds.

It's clear so much of the media is afraid of being declared unfair or unbalanced that they cater their tone to avoid any hint of "bias." CNN truly is dedicated to denying reality just to snatch a few viewers who are allegedly so sensitive that even suggesting Obama is ahead or won something would cause them to have convulsions.

Anyway...Romney had a chance to close the deal and he didn't. Instead he reminded people why Obama is indeed a strong president on foreign policy.
The problem is that this sensitivity only exists on one side due to the liberal media meme. They don't perceive the same cost for going the other way.

Averon

CNN chasing the Fox viewer is foolish. It's like a conservative Dem being as rightwing as possible in an election. Why should the viewer/voter settle for a half-assed solution (CNN/rightwing pandering Dem) when they can easily get the real deal (FoxNews/GOP)?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
My debate analysis :

Romney made some great points early on, but went with a very timid cadence. Once Obama hit his stride, Romney started wilting. I disapprove of Obama skewing some of the truth on some of his points, but with Romney's complete abandonment of the truth through most of these debates, I can't expect Obama to fight fair all the time.

Obama wins, this debate won't move the needle much, but Obama is sealing his second term assurance by coming out strong and direct against a surging Romney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom