• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatisu

I wonder now if Obama lost the first debate on purpose, the bar was raised so high for him that when he lost that expectation shifted to Romney and he failed twice when Obama just beat his ass

I cannot honestly believe now having watched all 3 debates that Obama was just outplayed.

Chuck Todd saying Romney's response to the auto-bailout is a tell that he knows he's losing in Ohio since he only responsed to that and not to China which was the original context of Obama's point.

man, now that all 3 are done...some debate/chess game 101 was at play here

feign weakness in the early moves, offer up some pawns & get your opponent cocky/hungry, then start those aggressive gambits outta nowhere that leave only time to breathe and maybe react defensively, that's some sun tzu shit right there

If Obama would've did what he did tonight in the first debate, this election would've been so fucking done it's ridiculous.

Loudninja

If debates really mattered, we would see a huge Obama bump.

Thing is, they don't matter. It's the media narrative and we'll see if the media is as harsh on Romney as they were on Obama when he was passive. Obviously we won't see the GOP pile on their guy. They're actually good at politics!
Yep.

Brinbe

Can't wait till Soledad O Brien drinks John Snu Snu tears tomorrow

Dude is gonna stroke out from all the yelling. Can't wait.
I wonder now if Obama lost the first debate on purpose, the bar was raised so high for him that when he lost that expectation shifted to Romney and he failed twice when Obama just beat his ass

I cannot honestly believe now having watched all 3 debates that Obama was just outplayed.

Nah, he legit played that one off due to any number of factors from disinterest to overconfidence.

IrishNinja

Hows your facebook looking guys? My four conservatives are dead silent tonight

same...i know they stayed up for this & the game, but posting in the morning when the talking points roll out will be more convenient i figure

Damn chicago screwed you twice

untitled-1mrrc4.gif

markatisu

If debates really mattered, we would see a huge Obama bump.

Thing is, they don't matter. It's the media narrative and we'll see if the media is as harsh on Romney as they were on Obama when he was passive. Obviously we won't see the GOP pile on their guy. They're actually good at politics!

I am not so sure, the GOP is not acting anything like they did in Debate 2. You have key people questioning how badly Romney did

If THEY are not 100% in line with Romney won then there is a significant problem

Trey

man, now that all 3 are done...some debate/chess game 101 was at play here

feign weakness in the early moves, offer up some pawns & get your opponent cocky/hungry, then start those aggressive gambits outta nowhere that leave only time to breathe and maybe react defensively, that's some sun tzu shit right there

Absolutely not.

Also, if you're playing a not-an-idiot, you never "feign weakness" in chess. Actual chess ain't some Wu-Tang, metaphorical sword fight in a storm of falling petals, match.

Unless, as I said, you feel your opponent is an idiot.

...Wait, you might be right.

ISOM

Glenn Beck's tweet was funny and all, but it's followed by 10+ tweets berating Obama for being a bully and praising Romney for taking the high road. You guys are reading into it too much.

First let us have our fun, the potential for a republican shitstorm over romney is a hilarious comedy. Second Obama being a bully is actually good it's better than obama looking weak, he will shure up more independants for sure at the end of the day and that's all that matters. Republicans may even be less enthused about a romney presidency come election day because of the ass obama handed to romney in this debate.

Mii

Banned
CNN decided to push out 'no clear winner' to all iPhones with their app.

I'm holding my finger down on the app right now.

*delete*

RDreamer

I feel like the right wing has to be secretly pissed. Foreign policy and chest puffing is kind of one of their big prideful things. They just witnessed their candidate concede without a fight on foreign policy to a "weak" democrat.

jbug617

Banned
CNN Focus Group answered some questions.

Romney high point came from Israel response.
Obama high point came from ending Iraq war and nation building in the US.

Romney low point came from tax question regards to getting the 2 trillion for the military.
Obama low point came from calling Romney a liar about apology tour

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I am sensing, more than ever thus far, some cracks in the GOP facade. My relatives online are livid right now. And the free republic crew isn't a happy ground either.

I think they know that Obama has this. And I think it's killing them.

This is the bind many far right republican supporters must be finding themselves in right now:

I think it's clear they don't really like Mitt. A lot of republicans at least. But see, it's not really about Mitt. It's about the fact that, for four years, the official narrative has been that Obama isn't just a bad politician but the enemy of America. It has been ordained, in a lot of cases literally by God, that Obama WILL lose. He HAS to lose. Because they've actually swallowed the idea that Obama has been "exposed" for what he really is. Ergo, the only logical outcome is he'll be booted, same as a criminal will be arrested if you provide his name and address to the authorities.

It's why, a few weeks ago and among some people who are ahead of the curve with realizing Obama's "got this", the new narrative was beginning to take root to explain how Obama's going to win: America has been conquered by the communists, a generation of young fools have been brainwashed by college and liberal education, and have become the foot soldiers of the communist progressive conspiracy. This is the only possible explanation for why Obama wouldn't get voted out in a landslide.

We just may be seeing the rest of the hard R's beginning to sweat and realize they need a new narrative, stat.

IrishNinja

its like cosplay of the Smiler from Transmetropolitan, goddamn

Absolutely not.

Also, if you're playing a not-an-idiot, you never "feign weakness" in chess. Actual chess ain't some Wu-Tang, metaphorical sword fight in a storm of falling petals, match.

Unless, as I said, you feel your opponent is an idiot.

...Wait, you might be right.

now you get it! dat game theory, reading your opponent
and fuck yo shit trey, the game of chess...its like a sword fight! *SHING*

there we go
see, emcee? homeostasis returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom