• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
esGoEnC.png

You just know that was their weekend project.

As to Bernie on LGBT issues, fine. I'm sure he's fine. We have tangible proof that Hillary, in my opinion, understands my community better than he does. There are issues on which Bernie is a better advocate than Hillary is. LGBT issues, though, is just not one of them.

And that's okay! Bernie's running for President, not Liberal Messiah. He doesn't have to be infallible. If we need a perfect candidate, we already have Trump for that.

Looks like your Berniebro is softening your edges Adam.

He cancelled another SC event yesterday just 5 minutes before it was supposed to start.

https://twitter.com/RonNehring/status/700719775056535552

And one today. Looks like it wasn't his fault.

Marco Rubio rally in Pawleys Island, S Carolina cancelled due to mechanical issue w Republican candidate's airplane

https://twitter.com/SiCarswell/status/700727725829525504

Still, not a good look with one day to go.

And yes, oodles of young people excited to see him.

Cbl1UfQW0AESxm9.jpg

EDIT: Oh, this was probably the same event.

:p

Naw. I'm still fierce as fuck for my girl. It's just the things that get me are not those who vocally support a candidate but this weird idea that Bernie has to be right on nearly everything because he's Bernie Sanders. It's totally fine that he's wrong on some things and right on others. Hillary's wrong on some things too. These people are human and we really need to remember that.

CCS

Banned
"Mechanical issue with the Republican candidate's airplane."

Sure it wasn't just a mechanical issue with the candidate?

Owzers

Hillary couldn't even lie about never lying. If you do lie, lie. If you don't lie, say you won't lie.

I thought that was a silly question to ask a politician, maybe Hillary not answering it that well shows that she wants to tell the truth. Then again, Benghazi.

Benghazi.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Psh, it's adam - ain't nothing getting soft around him. :D <3

Naw. I'm still fierce as fuck for my girl. It's just the things that get me are not those who vocally support a candidate but this weird idea that Bernie has to be right on nearly everything because he's Bernie Sanders. It's totally fine that he's wrong on some things and right on others. Hillary's wrong on some things too. These people are human and we really need to remember that.

What is this calm and collected reasoning? This is an internet message board. THESE THINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED. <waits to see the "banned" tag under adam> :D

Hillary has been very honest with what she can accomplish. Last night saying she can introduce legislation for immigration, but Congress will have to pass it and that's why people need to go vote for democratic senators shows it.

"The new American century" sure sounds like the old one. I can't remember where but I read an article a few months ago that said Rubio is the old people's idea of a young person. He says all the things the old Republican voting base likes, and he's young so he can get out the youth vote!

I said this a few months ago, and I still think it's true.

A rant about identity politics and "Why doesn't anyone care about me the straight white male? Why don't I matter?" and a bunch of other stupid things.

It was weird, not entirely out of character though.

Not to mention he admitted that he was just trolling everyone even after he had already turned the thread into complete shite.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Naw. I'm still fierce as fuck for my girl. It's just the things that get me are not support for a candidate but this weird idea that Bernie has to be right on nearly everything because he's Bernie Sanders. It's totally fine that he's wrong on some things and right on others. Hillary's wrong on some things too. These people are human and we really need to remember that.

I don't know where you're getting this from but I don't believe this at all. Furthermore, I can think that Bernie and Hillary are roughly equal in strength regarding their advocacy for LGBT rights without thinking that Bernie needs to be right about everything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump losing SC? What is happening in here? He hasn't been down in any of the SC polls and has been up by at least 5 in every one.

Ecotic

There's a very narrow needle to thread, but if Rubio steals second and both Jeb and Kasich drop out the race could come back open.

It's not a complete doom and gloom scenario, if Trump were to win 3 of the first 4 and then lose later in April he will no doubt claim RNC shenanigans. Or there's the small possibility of no one getting a majority of delegates.

I don't know where you're getting this from but I don't believe this at all. Furthermore, I can think that Bernie and Hillary are roughly equal in strength regarding their advocacy for LGBT rights without thinking that Bernie needs to be right about everything.

Because, we have seen people in a plethora of threads who support Bernie's position because it's Bernie's position. Not because it's the right position. Not because it's the logical position, but since Bernie says it then it has to be true. We saw it on the guns issue, in which some Bernie supporters were calling for pragmatism. You don't get to do that when you're (not you, but the universal one) are offering rainbows and kittens and unicorns on every other issue, but this one has to be the bitter pill. It cannot go both ways. That's the curse and blessing of being in Bernie's position. It gets real shady when he refuses to engage on some issues because of logistical, political or cultural reasons. Or, when he's called out on something, the collective answer is "Buuutt....HILLARY!" It's hand waiving away issues, and that's not okay with me as a voter.

And if you think they're equal on that issue that's awesome. I don't see it that way. Not even remotely. I've always said I have misgivings about Bernie on anything that's not millionaires, billionaires and Wall Street. I'm not the only one. And when these three issues simply do not overlap with the issues I experience as a queer person, I think it's logical (or at least understandable) why I have red flags.

I have no doubt that Bernie would fight (and probably lose) on the things that he's super passionate about. I do not trust him to understand how to deal with queer issues in the same way that I trust Hillary. It's really that simple. I'm not saying he wouldn't try, but I don't think he has the tools to be as effective as she could be.

parents just moved to Reno this year, I asked my mother about the atmosphere down there:

I am going skiing with Nathan, but dad is going to stay home so he can go. He may even be a precinct captain. Bill Clinton, Jeb Bush, Bernie Sander and Hilary are all in Reno right now. I am amazed at how many people we have seen with Bernie Sanders shirts and car decals. We actually had someone going door to door to remind people about the caucus. Fun times.

Even Dick Van Dyke came to Reno to support Bernie at a music event supporting Bernie.

as you can tell, she's feeling the Bern. It surprised me.

Psh, it's adam - ain't nothing getting soft around him. :D <3

What is this calm and collected reasoning? This is an internet message board. THESE THINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED. <waits to see the "banned" tag under adam> :D

I see you coming for me girl. I see you.

There are very few things that can actually get me legitimately riled up. There are a few, but most of the time...naw.

Of course. You can count on it. Too bad the recent filibuster rules don't apply to supreme court nominees.

The real question is will it be a record breaker? I've been waiting for someone to break Thurmond's legendary record for decades. Are they even allowed to go on for that long now?

EDIT:

I just now realized that you said Harper Lee's replacement, lol. You must've been watched that news as it broke when you made that post.

I think Harper would have wanted us to appoint a replacement fast, given her strict constitutional interpretation.

The headlines about Bernie saying Hillary's only cozying up with Obama to win black voters is making the rounds today and a lot of people are getting turned off by it. Really wasn't a smart statement at all.

Makai

Is there a reason why all states shouldn't be one or the other? This process just seems like a huge clusterfuck to me.
The most democratic system is proportional, but states choose to be winner-take-all so candidates focus their efforts there. Much more important to win in winner-take-all states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom