• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not. Not even fucking close. Bernie has no ode what the fuck he's talking about because hes got his head completely up his own ass.

His ideas range from decent, to laughably fucking terrible. His plans for said ideas are arguably even worse.

When he said he wanted to place farmers on the Board for the Federal Reserve I knew for a fact he had absolutely no clue what to do about our present situation but instead just promise rainbows, unicorns and good old fashioned horseshit to naive youngsters who don't live in the real world

I do think that staffing those boards purely with people from the industry is unlikely to actually be in the public good (especially for people going back into the industry after their term). But putting someone with no knowledge of the area on the board at all, doesn't make sense and you definitely do want some people from the industry on said boards.

Trouble

Banned
Since the delegates are passed out proportionally the margin matters. If she walks away with all the delegates then we're done here.

And the campaign of internal pressure from the party for him to drop out begins in earnest. If he doesn't have a possible path to nomination he needs to make good on being a member of the party now and get on board.

Kangi

I think people in the South are breaking towards Clinton in these final days.

Trying to convert my Berniestan friend in the final hours. Also convinced my mother to vote in the primaries, for once.

Gonna try to help make that fifty point lead here a thing.

Are we concerned by just how strong that is? Or I wonder if their internals are built on various contingencies, ie no Kasich.

I doubt they actually have anything real to base that confidence on. Losing Florida would be so damaging to the campaign that there's probably more upside to appearing confident in attracting voters than downside in losing after taking such a confident stand, i.e., losing Florida would be so bad for them it wouldn't really matter what they had been saying before.

I'm sorry, but I would walk naked across the Sahara Desert for Hillary to win SC by 40 points. I know it won't happen, but OH DEAR LORD GIVE IT T ME IN MY VEINS.

Please Lord. If you love your humble servant.....

I still stand by what I said: Bernie's internals in the south must be pure shit. There have been a plethora of polls in Texas will Hillary at or above 60%. Tuesday is going to be just awful for him. Let's see how many fundraising emails he can make out of it.

And the campaign of internal pressure from the party for him to drop out begins in earnest. If he doesn't have a possible path to nomination he needs to make good on being a member of the party now and get on board.

Why ? What benefit do you see from making things as Coronation like as possible ? I mean if its not having a candidate with a bloody nose before the General then why the hell do you have primaries in the first place ? Having primaries and then demanding that the front runner be declared winner as quickly as possibly makes no sense. If you don't want your candidate in a scuffle with someone before the General come up with a different method of selecting them.

Crocodile

Speaking of Trump, someone of Chris Hayes show yesterday used the analogy that Trump was like a Monkey with a Gun. Any Human should be able to beat a Monkey but they have a Gun and who knows what they are going to do with it. Not sure how accurate that is but boy was I laughing.

YES YES YES YES YES

For future reference, please use this:

q0RUvB9.gif

Thank You

Ditto. It's such a surreal line.

I still can't believe that's a thing a politician said on national TV. He could have even spun it as "People of all education levels are hard-working, patriotic Americans and I love them all!" But no, he just said that line. Like WOW

Why ? What benefit do you see from making things as Coronation like as possible ? I mean if its not having a candidate with a bloody nose before the General then why the hell do you have primaries in the first place ? Having primaries and then demanding that the front runner be declared winner as quickly as possibly makes no sense. If you don't want your candidate in a scuffle with someone before the General come up with a different method of selecting them.
We didn't really have widespread primaries/caucuses before 1980.

Speaking of Trump, someone of Chris Hayes show yesterday used the analogy that Trump was like a Monkey with a Gun. Any Human should be able to beat a Monkey but they have a Gun and who knows what they are going to do with it. Not sure how accurate that is but boy was I laughing.

For future reference, please use this:

q0RUvB9.gif

Thank You

I still can't believe that's a thing a politician said on national TV. He could have even spun it as "People of all education levels are hard-working, patriotic Americans and I love them all!" But no, he just said that line. Like WOW

I think you're underestimating the culture of anti-intellectualism that's been flourishing, they are probably proud of being poorly educated.

benjipwns

Banned
We didn't really have widespread primaries/caucuses before 1980.
And the nominations were far more contested than after the primaries went national in 1976.

The term "dark horse" basically only applies to the Convention Era, and Jimmy Carter. And he wasn't a dark horse after he won Iowa.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Bernie Sanders said:
If I were elected president, the foxes would no longer guard the henhouse. To ensure the safety and soundness of our banking system, we need to fundamentally restructure the Fed’s governance system to eliminate conflicts of interest. Board members should be nominated by the president and chosen by the Senate. Banking industry executives must no longer be allowed to serve on the Fed’s boards and to handpick its members and staff. Board positions should instead include representatives from all walks of life — including labor, consumers, homeowners, urban residents, farmers and small businesses.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/2...rein-in-wall-street-fix-the-fed.html?referer=

For what I was referring to in my previous post.

Yeah please keep him faaaaar away from Wall Street reform

benjipwns

Banned
1924 Democratic National Convention

I love that this was a plan:
McAdoo and Smith each evolved a strategy to build up his own total slowly. Smith's trick was to plant his extra votes for his opponent, so that McAdoo's strength might later appear to be waning; the Californian countered by holding back his full force, though he had been planning a strong early show.
"We're losing! ... AHA! NO WE'RE NOT! Oh..."

Oh, no, they totally deserve some of the blame. It's the idea that it's solely on them to vote for the Democrats even if the Democrats offer them a Box of Nothing is where I get grumpy.

So let's make Schumer the Majority Leader and the face of Democrats in the Senate! That'll excite the base in 2018!

Fuck Schumer. Put someone like Gillibrand in that position.

So let's make Schumer the Majority Leader and the face of Democrats in the Senate! That'll excite the base in 2018!

Fuck Schumer. Put someone like Gillibrand in that position.

Nobody outside of nerds like us know who Chuck Schumer is. Nobody is deciding on turning out or not on the basis of who the leader of the Democrat's in the Senate is. And this is despite the fact I don't like the idea of Schumer as leader all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom