• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned

Ok, this got me.

It is....and this isn't me being shady, but I love watching Catholic services. I feel like I'm at Hogwarts or something.

You guys should actually be catholic and then tell me you like catholic mass.

Word. Boggled the mind how errybody was willing to wake up early on a freaking sunday and bend the knee on top of a piece of hard wood.
When pops asked us if we wanted to keep going to mass or just stay home, every single brother chose cartoons.

Yeah, growing up Catholic made mass the most dull chore. Hard to appreciate the ritual and art like an outsider can when you're stuck doing it every damn week.

Oh and don't forget mass is slow as molasses and long as hell.

On the other hand, after I met my wife, who got to experience both the Jehovah's Witness thing and the traditional black church thing, I found out that some people spend THE ENTIRE DAY in church. Suddenly I realized just how good I had had it with the cafeteria Catholic 50 minutes in-and-out. :p

Teggy

OK, I had to turn the TV off. This guy on CNN said that if Bernie came within 5 percentage points in Nevada it would be a win. They are pushing this dead heat story so hard it's nauseating. I'll just check in on the results later.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Yeah, growing up Catholic made mass the most dull chore. Hard to appreciate the ritual and art like an outsider can when you're stuck doing it every damn week.

Any other former altar boys here? Goddamn that was the worst. My parents are super Catholic, so mom drove us to daily mass before driving us to school every day from 1st to 3rd grade.

edit: Then we went to Catholic school in 4th and 5th grade. After that we moved to the middle of nowhere and thankfully daily mass wasn't an option anymore.

On the other hand, after I met my wife, who got to experience both the Jehovah's Witness thing and the traditional black church thing, I found out that some people spend THE ENTIRE DAY in church. Suddenly I realized just how good I had had it with the cafeteria Catholic 50 minutes in-and-out. :p

After going to mass once or twice as a courtesy to her, I took my (catholic) wife to church with my mother at whatever AME church she's attending now. That shit was 4 hours long, and there was some kind of additional church social thing after that that would have run straight through until the evening. Every now and then I mention going back and she gets this look of panic on her face until she realizes I'm not serious.

I did that to her just so she can understand where I'm coming from when i tell her I've had enough church in my life.

Diablos

OK, I had to turn the TV off. This guy on CNN said that if Bernie came within 5 percentage points in Nevada it would be a win. They are pushing this dead heat story so hard it's nauseating. I'll just check in on the results later.
I can't wait until we get older and these networks become irrelevant

User 406

Banned
Any other former altar boys here? Goddamn that was the worst. My parents are super Catholic, so mom drove us to daily mass before driving us to school every day from 1st to 3rd grade.

edit: Then we went to Catholic school in 4th and 5th grade. After that we moved to the middle of nowhere and thankfully daily mass wasn't an option anymore.

Oh yeah, I had a stint as an altar boy. It wasn't that bad though, because the priest was a card and would tell us jokes during the mass trying to get us to crack up in front of everyone. He also let us scarf down unconsecrated wafers, which came in clear plastic bags like foodservice chips. I definitely had more fun on that end of things than sitting in the pews.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Oh yeah, I had a stint as an altar boy. It wasn't that bad though, because the priest was a card and would tell us jokes during the mass trying to get us to crack up in front of everyone. He also let us scarf down unconsecrated wafers, which came in clear plastic bags like foodservice chips. I definitely had more fun on that end of things than sitting in the pews.
Nice! Yeah that sounds a lot more bearable. The worst time I had was this special mass where some visiting priest who claimed he could speak in tongues was basically up on the altar babbling and trying to 'slay people in the spirit'. Being nine years old and seeing people losing their goddamn minds and passing out wasn't a lot of fun. Anyway... fun times.:p
I was never an altar boy because I refused to wear my jesus fish pin in CCD and got booted.
Oh man... CCD! You are giving me flashbacks over here.

fantomena

I honestly find it pretty funny how a very non-recognized politician like Bernie got so well known in US and over the world (I and many others didn't hear about him until late last year) and is still going strong on the polls against the well-known Clinton machine.

I hope he will win, but I don't think so, but I honestly thought his momentum would die over the new year.

Exit polls, just caught the tail end on cnn

very liberal - 34%
somewhat liberal - 37%

17-29 - 17%
30-44 - 17%
45-65 - 30%
65+ - 34%

Latino - 18%

Clinton campaign sent out an email saying no matter what happens in NV, we fight on.

Cbr0DzuWAAA5WfF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom