• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump going to finally have to attack Rubio. We don't really know how Rubio manages pressure and the only time he ever felt any of it he choked hard.

Time to root for Kasich! Rubio terrifies me and is such a damn tool.
Cruz doesn't seem to have the personality to drop out early
Cruz would sooner salt the planet than drop out to watch Rubio go forward and win. He's wasting his time going after Trump. It hasn't really worked and won't magically start working now. Should be attacking Rubio and reaching out to the people dropped. Massive waste to go after Trump, God. That's never ended well for anyone, in history, ever. Don't be an idiot, Ted.

I wonder how a Trump/Cruz pile on Rubio would end.

Well we are going to find out. Trump will target him as he is the new Bush; Cruz will target him as he will assume it will be easier to pull votes from Rubio to himself instead of Trump to himself.

Rubio is going to be sandwiched in every debate and ad...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cruz is the conditional making a Rubio win possible, it's the only way Trump stays within striking distance. We talk about giving Rubio all of the Jeb/Kasich votes, but what happens when Carson drops out and Trump gets half or more? Suddenly it's out of reach for Rubio despite absorbing all the establishment. And if Cruz did drop out, well, Trump becomes unassailable. The anti-establishment vote is the majority.

I posted the link above--different factors seem to make any dropout a wash right now.

Obviously the polls are old but Trump is up quite a bit in Florida. A loss in his home state would be an ugly mark for Rubio. On the flip side Cruz is barely ahead against Trump in Texas.

I posted the link above--different factors seem to make any dropout a wash right now.

Woah, those numbers are not what I expected at all. Still, take the best hypothetical for Rubio and it's still rough going.

The other nuance with those numbers is that they're just asking based on a 1 candidate dropping out hypo. I'd want to see the results if they said only Trump/Cruz/Rubio are in so who do you vote for (no bush/carson/kasich option).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The turnout was insane in SC.

Trump moves voters, I guess. I worry about the GE.

I still think Trump and Rubio have a deal that prevents this.

V5dAd6M.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If Kasich gets Bush's votes, he might be right.

If they are voters who actually vote on Policy, there is good reason for Kasich to get more of Bush's votes then Rubio.

Holmes

Rubio and Cruz will stay even after they lose Texas and Florida.

By then it will be too late.
I'm worried about Florida now that Jeb is out because it's winner take all. Even if Trump can win there by 1% I'll be happy because he takes it all. If Rubio pulls through... argh.

I'm not going to diablos about it though. It's in a bit less than a month.

Teggy

I'm worried about Florida now that Jeb is out because it's winner take all. Even if Trump can win there by 1% I'll be happy because he takes it all. If Rubio pulls through... argh.

I'm not going to diablos about it though. It's in a bit less than a month.

Rubio has a huge amount of ground to make up (like 20 pts or more) if end of Jan polls are still accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom