• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

When has Bernie ever talked shit on Hilary? Usually he's been pretty tame when it comes to any kind of attacks.

Mostly it's been Hilary doing the slinging... Though things can change... I just don't see Bernie himself personally doing that.
Sanders has been implicitly accusing Hillary of accepting bribes via campaign donations. He's accused her of "not being a progressive". (lol)

Clinton has been trying to keep the attacks focused on Sanders' policy positions. He's come right after her character. The two are not equivalent.

You mean aside from the passive aggressive shit noted at the top of this page?

I mean yeah... I guess that's an attack in pretty loose terms...

But that's the line he's been trying to draw from the beginning. That the contributions made to her by financial institutions and others would impede her ability govern for the people.

Sanders has been implicitly accusing Hillary of accepting bribes via campaign donations. He's accused her of "not being a progressive". (lol)

Clinton has been trying to keep the attacks focused on Sanders' policy positions. He's come right after her character. The two are not equivalent.

Yeah, I'll go with that.

But Hilary has also just flat out made up shit that Bernie said or would do.

Did we already forget that she spread the terrible info that Bernie would just get rid of ACA with nothing in place for it?

Claire McCaskill has breast cancer.

I very recently learned that I have breast cancer.

I very recently learned that I have breast cancer. It was detected through a regular mammogram. It’s a little scary, but my prognosis is good and I expect a full recovery. I will be in St Louis for the next 3 weeks receiving treatment. During this time my staff will continue to assist Missourians and I will be posting on my Senate website (McCaskill.senate.gov) how I would have voted on any matters that come before the Senate during my absence—which I’ll also enter into the Congressional record. Additionally, I’ll be submitting questions in writing for any missed Senate hearings.

Thank you for the honor of serving you in the Senate.

Cerium

After Sanders gets rekt on Super Tuesday and it becomes clear that the math is impossible for him, I hope he bows out graciously and spares us the tortured ordeal of 2008.

ivysaur12

Banned
Fuck. McCaskill has breast cancer :-(

http://clairecmc.tumblr.com/post/139807035977/i-very-recently-learned-that-i-have-breast-cancer

I very recently learned that I have breast cancer. It was detected through a regular mammogram. It’s a little scary, but my prognosis is good and I expect a full recovery. I will be in St Louis for the next 3 weeks receiving treatment. During this time my staff will continue to assist Missourians and I will be posting on my Senate website (McCaskill.senate.gov) how I would have voted on any matters that come before the Senate during my absence—which I’ll also enter into the Congressional record. Additionally, I’ll be submitting questions in writing for any missed Senate hearings.

Thank you for the honor of serving you in the Senate.

Hindl

I mean yeah... I guess that's an attack in pretty loose terms...

But that's the line he's been trying to draw from the beginning. That the contributions made to her by financial institutions and others would impede her ability govern for the people.

...That's an attack. Regardless of if its good or bad, warranted or unwarranted, that's an attack. It's fine if he does it, that's a part of politics. But you don't get to say you don't do attacks and then drop all these hints about her character and motivations

The GOP is once again at a really low point. They've let a fascist hijack their party.

They didn't let the fascist hijack their party. They tried to nuke him with everything they've got, with some methods being more subtle than others. Sadly, that has only made the monster stronger.

They have, however, created the conditions that allowed someone like Trump to hijack the party.

So maybe I'm just ignorant to it all, but is it typical in political discourse online to always assume the front-runner is going to lose despite the evidence?

I mean we have
- Bernie beating Hillary discussion despite evidence to the contrary
- Rubio beating Trump despite evidence to the contrary
- Trump beating Hillary despite evidence to the contrary

The Trump thing especially drives me crazy. All this talk about "energized bases" and whatnot yet nobody seems to acknowledge the fact that we will very likely have people coming out to specifically vote against Trump, especially minorities. Assuming that Trump wins the primary.

Trump may very well be a special in case in motivated opposition, but in general you don't want to rely on people turning out to vote against the other guy. That didn't work in 2004. People need to be convinced to come out and vote for someone. That said, his demographic favorables are so terrible he should get slaughtered even with average minority turnout.

5LC6wJ1.png

Damn at that McCaskill news.

Also timing overshadows Bernie lol

...That's an attack. Regardless of if its good or bad, warranted or unwarranted, that's an attack. It's fine if he does it, that's a part of politics. But you don't get to say you don't do attacks and then drop all these hints about her character and motivations

Learn to take a W.

They didn't let the fascist hijack their party. They tried to nuke him with everything they've got, with some methods being more subtle than others. Sadly, that has only made the monster stronger.

They have, however, created the conditions that allowed someone like Trump to hijack the party.

Right, that's what I meant. They fed into people's xenophobic, racist, sexist fears and allowed for someone to swoop in and capitalize on it.

Most likely to engage in thermonuclear war - Trump or Cruz?

Trump.

Cruz is a bastard, but he's most definitely a rational actor.

On the other hand, a rational actor in command of the United States could very well realize that he could nuke some shithole and get away with it. Even if he had to later look angry as China and Russia did the same to some other, different shithole.

So...hrm. hrmmmm.

I seriously can't believe that you guys are complaining because Bernie is actually going to do his best to win the nomination instead of throwing in the towel. Don't like that he's going to drag this out? TOUGH TITTIES.

Hillary's not going to get a coronation. Get over it.

I seriously can only take this Hillary echo chamber in doses. It's like alt-reddit up in this bitch.

JABEE

I don't understand how people are surprised or shocked by this.

Do you think that people give politicians money not as a means of influencing policy decisions?

It's a bit naive to think otherwise. It's like the whole Super PAC non-coordination bullshit.

People acknowledge the influence and money the NRA and gun companies have over politicians preventing gun legislation, but when it comes to where Clinton's money is coming from, people act like there is no link at all, or it is uncouth to bring up the subject.

I'm extremely happy people are bringing it up. Let's call a spade a spade. The more exposure and transparency that subjects like money and politics have, the better it is for the entire process.

This is how the election system is supposed to work. Transparency. It's an absolute joke that Clinton was able to stand up there on the debate floor and say "I do not coordinate with that organization." It's an absolute insult to the intelligence of the American people.

This isn't really true. Only 3% of GOP SuperPac ads have targeted Trump and no one has dug through his personal history, which is probably very messy. There's lots of things they could have done but haven't because of the fear that he would run as an independent.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/02/...ll-gop-super-pac-spending-has-targeted-trump/

Hindl

Learn to take a W.

I'm not insulting you in any way. I'm simply pointing out that he's doing an attack, whether or not he's calling it one. And since he's doing it, he doesn't get to claim he isn't doing attacks. That's it. I'm not saying it's negative that he's attacking her, just that he is attacking her. My apologies if you interpreted it differently

Makai

I seriously can't believe that you guys are complaining because Bernie is actually going to do his best to win the nomination instead of throwing in the towel. Don't like that he's going to drag this out? TOUGH TITTIES.

I seriously can only take this Hillary echo chamber in doses. It's like alt-reddit up in this bitch.
You exacerbate the echo chamber if you leave ;)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump.

Cruz is a bastard, but he's most definitely a rational actor.

On the other hand, a rational actor in command of the United States could very well realize that he could nuke some shithole and get away with it. Even if he had to later look angry as China and Russia did the same to some other, different shithole.

So...hrm. hrmmmm.

I completely disagree on this. Cruz is a nut--He'd push the button without thinking about it. Trump seems a bit more reasonable.

Lmao'd at this but seriously dawg if u want to stay here u have to learn some chill, or at least dress up your shots in fancier language

Im only lookin out for u son

noshten

Did Sanders force her to do a speaking tour an year before the nomination process?
Perhaps he also forced her plead guilty to being "kind of moderate and center".

You guys have the strangest victim complex.

Zornack

Did Sanders force her to do a speaking tour an year before the nomination process?
Perhaps he also forced her plead guilty to being "kind of moderate and center".

You guys have the strangest victim complex.

Wow a speaking tour, she's so corrupt my god.

PBY

Banned

That's fine - but what does he have to gain when he's nearly mathematically fucked? I mean, hang in it - but just know what you say know WILL be picked up by the GOP and be blasted nationally attacking Hillary

JABEE

This is effectively what campaign donations are.

Are you stating that enormous campaign donations from individual entities do not impact policy decision?

The gun lobby are just giving money to republicans for kicks and giggles?

This is how the current system works, I know, but let's not pretend that it is virtuous.

I'm happy someone is calling out the way the current political system works against common people.

JABEE

This is how the primary process should work, if there should be a primary process at all.

No one has won anything yet. Why does everyone have to stay quiet when there is a huge money-stuffed elephant in the room.

That's fine - but what does he have to gain when he's nearly mathematically fucked? I mean, hang in it - but just know what you say know WILL be picked up by the GOP and be blasted nationally attacking Hillary

I'd much rather have Sanders keep left-wing views in the public mind for longer than guard Hillary against hypothetical future Republican attack lines which would almost definitely be different than anything Sanders says.

Cerium

I'd much rather have Sanders keep left-wing views in the public mind for longer than guard Hillary against hypothetical future Republican attack lines which would almost definitely be different than anything Sanders says.

If the nominee is Trump I expect him to adopt some of Sanders' smears vis a vis Wall Street and donations. Mix it up with some attacks on the "rapist" Bill Clinton and her "murder" of Americans in Benghazi. He'll probably also call her a "criminal" for the email thing.

It'll be a show.

This is how the current system works, I know, but let's not pretend that it is virtuous.

I'm happy someone is calling out the way the current political system works against common people.

Looking at how money influences politics is important but gun control is a really weird example to use. Everyone isn't afraid of the NRA because of the amount of $ it donates. Their power is based around having a large block of single issue voters who turn out whenever legislation they don't like shows up.

Look at the Colorado gun control laws that past a few years ago. The NRA was able to get two Democratic state senators from moderate parts of the state recalled in a special election even after people like Mike Bloomberg poured in tons of money supporting them. Its just that way more gun owners turned out to vote. If anything gun control shows that its voters, not campaign money, that influences politicians.

Almost definitely, unless the guy who finishes February with 3 wins out of 4 contests is the Republican nominee given that he's more able than the rest of the GOP field combined to adapt those attack lines from Sanders.

Armaros

This is effectively what campaign donations are.

Are you stating that enormous campaign donations from individual entities do not impact policy decision?

Bring up the gun looby is not a good argument for Bernie considering his lackluster record on gun control.

Almost like how the gun looby has power in Vermont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom