• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually am starting to think that Bernie is hurting Hillary now.

We are way past that point now. His entire campaign angle has been that it really doesn't matter what positions Hillary takes or where she falls on the political scale. She cannot be trusted because of who has donated to her campaign and how she has raised money. She belongs to the corporate masters.

That leaves little room to say "well Bernie is not in it so I'll vote for the closest option in Hillary". So pulling her to the left has done nothing considering how he's angled his positions and how he's brought her motives into question. He has positioned her to be just as bad as Republicans. Many of his supporters will jump to Trump solely because of the campaign finance issue and how he is self funding his campaign and how he isn't "bought" like Hillary is.

Armaros

I've seen stuff on my Facebook feed comparing Bernie to Obama and how he lost Nevada, but ultimately won. However I think that is coming from supporters and not the actual campaign.

And ignore how Obama won Iowa, won AA demographics handily and was ahead in delegates.

macbook pro baby

JEB IS A MESS

also, Hillary won the popular vote in '08 but Obama walked away with more delegates. That argument ignores that. Obama won Nevada in a more important way than Hillary did.

Ophelion

We are way past that point now. His entire campaign angle has been that it really doesn't matter what positions Hillary takes or where she falls on the political scale. She cannot be trusted because of who has donated to her campaign and how she has raised money. She belongs to the corporate masters.

That leaves little room to say "well Bernie is not in it so I'll vote for the closest option in Hillary". So pulling her to the left has done nothing considering how he's angled his positions and how he's brought her motives into question. He has positioned her to be just as bad as Republicans. Many of his supporters will jump to Trump solely because of the campaign finance issue and how he is self funding his campaign and how he isn't "bought" like Hillary is.

That will always seem insane to me since...well, isn't Trump exactly the sort of person we're afraid will buy politicians? His campaign doesn't take campaign finance out of the equation, it just cuts out the middle man.

Which...I mean, that's the free market for you, I guess.

NeoXChaos

No idea. I was just planning a super Tuesday thread, I can throw that in if you guys want.

Fit everything from March 1st to 12th in the thread. Super Tuesday 2 covers March 15th states.

Updated Thread Assignments

Super Tuesday-b-dubs
*Will cover every state from March 1-12
Super Tuesday Part 2- ivysaur12
Will cover March 15th states possibly more if needed through March 26th

*Veepstakes is going to be in PoliGAF

2016 Republican National Convention-b-dubs
2016 Democratic National Convention- NeoXChaos

1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
Vice Presidential Debate-Ebay Huckster
2nd Presidential Debate-kingkitty
3rd Presidential Debate-Holmes

General Election 2016-Aaron Strife

Republican Debates
10 - Feb 25 CNN - Makai
11 - March 3 Fox News - Makai
10 - March 10 CNN - Makai

Democratic Debates
7 March 6-kingkitty
8 March 9 Univision/Washington Post NeoXChaos
9 April-kingkitty
10 May-Slayven

If the opponents are Trump or "no abortions even in the case of rape or incest" Rubio, people will wise up.

Did anyone see Trumps latest speech in Atlanta when the lights goes off. And Trump gets angry when they turn them on again. He starts yelling "turn off the lights!" and the crowd goes wild yelling with him: "Turn off the lights!" and he starts waving with his hands.

https://youtu.be/Y9DJrA8gBwM?t=14m20s

I dont know what to make of it. But its Trump being Trump times twice. Its like something out of a Wrestling match.

you guys in the Far-Left would like Trump, he is trashing the TPP

One of Rubio's big problems is he doesn't have much money left.

I'm sure he got a boost after South Carolina, but there's a TON of states that vote in the next 22 days. He's going to need the Kochs or someone to carpet-bomb Trump with ads.

Stories like this and the one about how Trump has the most campaign offices among Republicans show just how shallow Rubio's team is. If he didn't have the Republican money machine behind him Marco wouldn't have a prayer in the general.

Stories like this and the one about how Trump has the most campaign offices among Republicans show just how shallow Rubio's team is. If he didn't have the Republican money machine behind him Marco wouldn't have a prayer in the general.

What's weird about Trump is people just aren't donating that much to his campaign. I guess it could be that donations are being split between many candidates, but he only got like 900k in January. He hasn't really asked people for money though I guess.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh, a Rubio/Cruz tag team against Trump would be amazing, as it would only solidify in voters' minds the fact that Washington hates outsiders. The electorate would align more behind Trump.

If the opponents are Trump or "no abortions even in the case of rape or incest" Rubio, people will wise up.

The majority will for sure, but I think that there is a sect of the left that will hop the fence when they might not have otherwise due to how the argument over the issues have gone down. The debates have essentially been Hillary trying to argue the substance over issues like healthcare and the minimum wage and so on, with Bernie then deflecting saying "well you only say that because you have super pacs and take corporate donations". When you essentially discredit someones positions like that it makes it hard for many people I think, to vote for her. I think a lot of white leftist who are all about the campaign finance and the "screw the establishment" camp will vote for Trump just because he isn't a politician and self funding.

But just to be clear, I don't think this will be enough to win though, because you can't win on the white vote alone anymore. It won't matter how Trump repositions himself or moderates in regards to minorities. He hasn't just burned that bridge, he's nuked it. He will not be able to backpedal the blatant openly racist rhetoric. When you advocate banning all muslims, call mexicans and immigrants murders and rapists, that refugees are secret terrorist, say blacks are responsible for 80% of white deaths, etc. He has no room to come back from that.

I think he has done more damage to her than good in regards to how she stacks up for a general election. I think it won't matter in the end but I still don't like the direction we are likely headed towards or and I don't look forward towards how many people are going to make their arguments or rationalizations as to why Trump is a better choice for "the people" than Hillary due to how much campaign finance has become an issue during this primary.

PBY

Banned
This is the most I've heard him talk about the SuperPACs. Talking about how the SuperPAC is now attacking him.

How does this stuff not hurt Hillary? I know 2008 was rough, but Obama is not Hillary. And the climate in 2008 was NOT the climate we have now, specifically with respect to establishment politics?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
She's a bought out corporate shill and has gotten $15 million from special interests recently and will work for the billionaires and not the people if she is elected.

Not an attack though. Still hasn't attacked her.

That sounds a lot like an attack, but if he says it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom