• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I'm worried about Trump at tmw debate, Hugh Hewitt already said he's going after Trump about his "bush lied" answer at the previous debate, I don't think Trump wiggled out that well when at the town hall responding to a question about it.

I think it best that Cruz wins Texas, although not by enough to get all the delegates. We need him to stay in for a while. While I don't see Cruz and Rubio's people as being in the same ballpark, I still think a wider field protects Trump more.

This Bernie thing pulling out of the south is really a problem. I don't quite get the strategy. I mean, I do, in a way, but he can't possibly think he can makeup some of Hillary's delegate advantage just by winning Colorado by a few more points.

NeoXChaos

I think it best that Cruz wins Texas, although not by enough to get all the delegates. We need him to stay in for a while. While I don't see Cruz and Rubio's people as being in the same ballpark, I still think a wider field protects Trump more.

This Bernie thing pulling out of the south is really a problem. I don't quite get the strategy. I mean, I do, in a way, but he can't possibly think he can makeup some of Hillary's delegate advantage just by winning Colorado by a few more points.

He is. Kasie Hunt admitted it on Rachel Maddow. "Even though they wont publicly tell you they have written it off"

What's the word on the street?

idk but we will know tomorrow morning. PPP will probably be out Saturday.

The Wire would be a good debate theme. So many character though, it's almost hard to assign them to cover everything. Extra players besides the candidates would have to be brought in to make it good.

I'm worried about Trump at tmw debate, Hugh Hewitt already said he's going after Trump about his "bush lied" answer at the previous debate, I don't think Trump wiggled out that well when at the town hall responding to a question about it.
Hugh Hewitt is a dummy. Take away his glasses and he looks stupid.

Makai

Hugh Hewitt is a dummy. Take away his glasses and he looks stupid.
Holy shit

timthumb.php

Screen-Shot-2013-10-15-at-3.43.04-PM.png

I wonder how much cash he even has on hand.

Hillary's people estimated it at $14 million, but that was before the ad buys in the states he is running in. I'm sure he's raised a bit of funds since, but I'm guessing it'll get harder and harder for him after Super Tuesday. I think that's why is campaign was pushing hte "He won Latinos" narrative so hard. I think they think they could survive a loss among AA voters, but they're not so naive to believe they could survive losses among AAs and Latinos. That's why they threw so much money into NV.

Also, I'm glad to see Hillary's emails are illustrating that she's willing to finally hit him over his immigration vote. That's definitely something she'll want to bring up for Florida in the upcoming weeks.

NeoXChaos

Hillary's people estimated it at $14 million, but that was before the ad buys in the states he is running in. I'm sure he's raised a bit of funds since, but I'm guessing it'll get harder and harder for him after Super Tuesday. I think that's why is campaign was pushing hte "He won Latinos" narrative so hard. I think they think they could survive a loss among AA voters, but they're not so naive to believe they could survive losses among AAs and Latinos. That's why they threw so much money into NV.

Also, I'm glad to see Hillary's emails are illustrating that she's willing to finally hit him over his immigration vote. That's definitely something she'll want to bring up for Florida in the upcoming weeks.

We get two this weeks. Enjoy the Rubio and Sanders meltdowns.

It's not her people's estimate.
It's FEC filings that put cash on hand at $14.7MM as at end of Jan.

Add to that an announced $7.1MM post NH win.
And whatever else raised in Feb.

Subtract unknown amount of February new spending.

I think they also got a small boost after they lost Nevada, though it's telling they did not shout it from the mountain top.

I love Rubio's team new line "The majority of people don't want Donald Trump." And that "the establishment has spent forty minute of attack ads against him."

I had only seen the amounts her campaign stated on Twitter. I assume they must have gotten them from FEC filings, but I didn't check them myself.

Does that take into account the money they have to return because of bad accounting practices? I mean, I'm not saying it's because they are incompetent or deliberately taking more than they're supposed to, but I read something on Twitter where it may be millions they have to return due to allowing people to donate more than the maximum. Not sure anyone has come up with an actual amount, though.

Slacker

I love Rubio's team new line "The majority of people don't want Donald Trump." And that "the establishment has spent forty minute of attack ads against him."

It's amazing isn't it? FYI Marcotron 2016, an even bigger majority don't want you. Come back in 8 years when you've had a couple service packs and update rollups installed.

I doubt whatever Sanders has to return or transfer to a General Election fund is particularly significant.

Anyway, this is a summary of January campaign financials for the remaining candidates. As well as Jeb!'s for fun.
Code:
			Raised	Spent	Cash	Spent/Raised
Bernie Sanders		21.3	34.9	14.7	163.85%
Hillary Clinton		14.9	19.9	32.9	133.56%
Ted Cruz		7.6	12.7	13.6	167.11%
Donald Trump		6.1	11.5	1.6	188.52%
[B]Marco Rubio		4.9	10.3	5.1	210.20%[/B]
Ben Carson		3.8	6.2	4.1	163.16%
John Kasich		1.1	2.1	1.5	190.91%

Jeb Bush		1.6	6.3	2.9	393.75%
Right to Rise		0.4	34.5	24.4	8625.00%

I wonder if Rubio's emerging cash flow problem has been alleviated now.

Benji was wrong! Right to Rise still has a shitload. What do they do now?
This is for end of Jan filings. They probably spent it all in Feb. Because they're stupid.

Makai

I doubt whatever Sanders has to return or transfer to a General Election fund is particularly significant.

Anyway, this is a summary of January campaign financials for the remaining candidates. As well as Jeb!'s for fun.
Code:
			Raised	Spent	Cash	Spent/Raised
Bernie Sanders		21.3	34.9	14.7	163.85%
Hillary Clinton		14.9	19.9	32.9	133.56%
Ted Cruz		7.6	12.7	13.6	167.11%
Donald Trump		6.1	11.5	1.6	188.52%
Marco Rubio		4.9	10.3	5.1	210.20%
Ben Carson		3.8	6.2	4.1	163.16%
John Kasich		1.1	2.1	1.5	190.91%

Jeb Bush		1.6	6.3	2.9	393.75%
Right to Rise		0.4	34.5	24.4	8625.00%
Benji was wrong! Right to Rise still has a shitload. What do they do now?

Oh my gooooooooooddd

You know that stat where the last Republican to win the White House without a Nixon or Bush on the ticket was Herbert Hoover?

Let's take a look at Herbert Hoover.

E3E4FQM.png

He also had no electoral history or military experience before becoming President, which is rare.

His campaign was about being the eccentric millionaire with the magic touch of fixing everything.

Ted Cruz is about to get fucking rocked, he's pulling out of Alabama events:

http://yellowhammernews.com/politic...ay-massacre-by-pulling-out-of-alabama-events/

Young political activists care a fuckton about money in politics, not much about abortion:

http://rooseveltinstitute.org/next-generation-blueprint-2016-report/

This would seem to explain a lot of the lack of Hillary enthusiasm, except that they seem to want intervention in Syria? Maybe Hillary can start pushing regime change in Syria to win back the youth vote.

NeoXChaos

Cruz Firewall Crumbling
http://yellowhammernews.com/politic...ay-massacre-by-pulling-out-of-alabama-events/

The “southern firewall” Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign has been building for months appears to be crumbling under the weight of Donald Trump’s staying power and Marco Rubio’s resurgence.

The Cruz campaign told Yellowhammer Wednesday night they are pulling out of the Yellowhammer Presidential Forum set to be held at Samford University in Birmingham on Saturday. Senator Marco Rubio’s campaign, however, reiterated their commitment to the event.

The move is one of the most open indicators to date that Cruz has failed to pick up steam in the Bible Belt South, once believed to be his geographic stronghold and his most likely path to the nomination.

==

A longtime Alabama political consultant who is not working for a presidential campaign but has seen presidential campaign polling numbers through other state-level campaigns told Yellowhammer Cruz’s path to the nomination could be disappearing.

“If Cruz — the Texan, the staunch evangelical, the anti-Washington guy — can’t win in Alabama and across the South, he can’t win,” the consultant said on condition of anonymity so he could speak freely. “I’ve seen polling in the last week that shows Cruz in third in Alabama, far behind Trump and behind Rubio, too. It’s going to become very apparent after March 1st that Cruz’s goose is cooked.”

jiggle

Is he still needed after ST?
That's why there's such urgency to get him out before that no?

gcubed

Nothing better than a good Cruz shaming.
I want someone in Congress to actually get up mid lunch and move if Cruz sits near him.

Now that it's clear he has no power, the establishment is shanking his ass every time they get the chance

Oh my gooooooooooddd

You know that stat where the last Republican to win the White House without a Nixon or Bush on the ticket was Herbert Hoover?

E3E4FQM.png

He also had no electoral history or military experience before becoming President, which is rare.

His campaign was about being the eccentric millionaire with the magic touch of fixing everything.

To be fair to Hoover, he had actually fixed things before, unlike Trump. Trump never made sure millions of refugees got food in war torn Europe.

Slacker

Cruz, Trump tied in WFAA Texas poll

Cruz and Trump both had 32 percent support from likely and actual GOP primary voters, with a 3.9 percent margin of error.

It is the most recent survey of Texas voters and the first one to show Cruz no longer leading in his home state.

Marco Rubio is a distant third in the WFAA Texas TEGNA poll with 17 percent, John Kasich has 6 percent, Ben Carson has 5 percent and another 5 percent of respondents remain undecided, the poll revealed.

On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton has double the support of Bernie Sanders with 61 percent compared to his 32 percent. Seven percent of likely or actual Democratic voters were undecided.

The poll, conducted by SurveyUSA on February 21 and 22, interviewed 1,750 adults across the state using a mix of phone calls and internet surveys. It was completed after the South Carolina Republican primary but before the Nevada Republican caucuses.

Death blow incoming.

Hopfrog

Oh my gooooooooooddd

E3E4FQM.png

But he did have extensive experience with government, unlike the Donald. Ran the Food Administration during World War I, served as Secretary of Commerce under Harding and Coolidge. Not really an outsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom