• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

If Trump wins Texas, Ohio, and Florida I will be like

tumblr_n6exxz6CsH1s9rrcgo1_400.gif

How do you even recover from that if you're Cruz/Kasich/Rubio? Just retire from politics at that point.

I vastly overestimated Cruz' caucus machinery after his good win in Iowa leading me to believe he will pull a similar upset in Nevada or a nice second place. He got beaten by someone who didn't even campaign aggressively (Rubio). However, Texas is the final boss lair. Trump might get stumped here. This is Cruz country and a place he's most comfortable. Texas' donor networks is how Cruz climbed the political tree there and right now I will put it as a slight favorite for him to win.

Iolo

In Shift, Marco Rubio Attacks Donald Trump By Name Ahead of Debate

In an abrupt about-face in strategy, Marco Rubio on Wednesday night attacked Donald Trump on policy by name from the stump, drawing the battle lines for a certain showdown with the GOP front-runner on the eve of Thursday's debate.

At an energetic rally in Houston, Rubio targeted Trump on Obamacare and Israel, charging Trump "thinks parts of Obamacare are pretty good" and that he's refused to come to Israel's defense.

"The front-runner in this race, Donald Trump, has said he's not going to take sides on Israel versus the Palestinians because he wants to be an honest broker," Rubio said. "Well, there is no such thing as an honest broker in that. Because the Palestinian Authority, which has strong links to terror, they teach little kids that it's a glorious thing to kill Jews."

It's happening

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I vastly overestimated Cruz' caucus machinery after his good win in Iowa leading me to believe he will pull a similar upset in Nevada or a nice second place. He got beaten by someone who didn't even campaign aggressively (Rubio). However, Texas is the final boss lair. Trump might get stumped here. This is Cruz country and a place he's most comfortable. Texas' donor networks is how Cruz climbed the political tree there and right now I will put it as a slight favorite for him to win.

Even so, it is a promotional delegate state because nobody's percentage will be high enough.

Cerium

It won't matter. Texas is winner takes all at the 50% threshold, which is what Cruz was counting on. There is now no way that he'll get there, so the delegates will be awarded proportionally, and Trump will take a big bite out of his lunch while probably running the table everywhere else.

Tomorrow Trump will kill a child on stage on live television.

I want to see a Christie style massacre.

Slacker

Cruz's performance since Iowa lend a bit of credibility to the idea that his campaign's tactics stole some votes from Carson.

He'll do well and will likely win Texas, but probably won't get the 50% to winner-take-all, though.

Cerium

The real problem with Rubio trying to attack Trump is that everyone can tell he's shook on the inside. He can deliver a rehearsed attack line, but all Trump needs to do is knock him off script and watch him malfunction. He's one of the worst possible vehicles for a Trump attack.

Cruz's performance since Iowa lend a bit of credibility to the idea that his campaign's tactics stole some votes from Carson.

He'll do well and will likely win Texas, but probably won't get the 50% to winner-take-all, though.
He probably wont, but it's the perception that matters. Even if he can't do a winner take all, winning your own home state is expected. If Rubio can't win Florida but Cruz wins Texas, it will set the tongues wagging.

"I attack you from the right!" -Dumbfuck who didn't watch Perry, Graham, Walker, Bush, Cruz, Rand, and Fiorina go up in flames.
Yep, they still don't get it. "Aha! We will trap him on the Israel/Palestine question!! CHECKMATE" Same line of thinking that's coming from that overpaid strategist in the room who thinks he knows the game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my gooooooooooddd

You know that stat where the last Republican to win the White House without a Nixon or Bush on the ticket was Herbert Hoover?

Let's take a look at Herbert Hoover.

E3E4FQM.png

He also had no electoral history or military experience before becoming President, which is rare.

His campaign was about being the eccentric millionaire with the magic touch of fixing everything.

So I guess this means that Trump's gonna win, we're gonna be hit with Great Depression II, and then elect FDR II after Trump gets the boot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep, they still don't get it. "Aha! We will trap him on the Israel/Palestine question!! CHECKMATE" Same line of thinking that's coming from that overpaid strategist in the room who thinks he knows the game.

The problem is that if you want to take down Trump you need to come at him from the left and when I say that I mean with real facts and figures. These morons keeps playing into his bullshit and whenever he bothers to use facts he steamrolls them because they don't see it coming. No one on the GOP side is agile enough, or has the breadth of knowledge needed, to even spar with Trump. He needs to be called out on every single statement, torn down brick by rhetorical brick, like Biden did to Ryan in 2012. He only looks god-like because he's dealing with people in a bubble that he isn't in.

Owzers

The only thing Rubio has ever negotiated was a Gang of Eight amnesty bill, and he ran away from it! Marco isn't in a position to talk about negotiations, he hasn't even won a single state yet. Loser.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Nothing better than a good Cruz shaming.
I want someone in Congress to actually get up mid lunch and move if Cruz sits near him.

Now that it's clear he has no power, the establishment is shanking his ass every time they get the chance

I like the choice of words here. Very appropriate for Cruz.

It still blows my mind that the establishment GOP hate Cruz more than Trump. The guy who laughed at John McCain for getting tortured. Like, I feel like I am missin something, how is it possible that TRUMP is a better option for them than a senator from Texas

Makai

It still blows my mind that the establishment GOP hate Cruz more than Trump. The guy who laughed at John McCain for getting tortured. Like, I feel like I am missin something, how is it possible that TRUMP is a better option for them than a senator from Texas
They've had to work with Cruz. Trump has written them checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom