• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It still blows my mind that the establishment GOP hate Cruz more than Trump. The guy who laughed at John McCain for getting tortured. Like, I feel like I am missin something, how is it possible that TRUMP is a better option for them than a senator from Texas

You can't control Trump, but you can make deals with him.

You can't even make a deal with a backstabbing asshole like Cruz.

Jarmel

Banned
It still blows my mind that the establishment GOP hate Cruz more than Trump. The guy who laughed at John McCain for getting tortured. Like, I feel like I am missin something, how is it possible that TRUMP is a better option for them than a senator from Texas

Nobody likes dealing with zealots.

salon article: check
written by h.a. "bernie sanders is the frontrunner" goodman: check

does it apply one form of scrutiny unevenly to both candidates? because that's another big check when it comes to goodman's dreck

like, literally the only writer i respect less on this side of the aisle is that guy whose huffpost bio cites his 2004 class election "experience"

lead_large.jpg

The problem is that if you want to take down Trump you need to come at him from the left and when I say that I mean with real facts and figures. These morons keeps playing into his bullshit and whenever he bothers to use facts he steamrolls them because they don't see it coming. No one on the GOP side is agile enough, or has the breadth of knowledge needed, to even spar with Trump. He needs to be called out on every single statement, torn down brick by rhetorical brick, like Biden did to Ryan in 2012. He only looks god-like because he's dealing with people in a bubble that he isn't in.

I don't necessary think they need to attack him from the left considering that would be hard for them to even do to be fair. Yes they need to stop with the crap traditional attacks the GOP uses. Someone at fox news pointed out that they need to stop with who is more conservative crap it clearly does not work on Trump.

I think they just need to basically call out how Trump is an idiot( and get him to act like one) and call out that none of his ideas make sense whatsoever or realistic, while hitting him on some shady shit he did in the past, and they need to be consistent with that. While also saying how you have a more effective plan( regardless like how rightwing it is) . Ted Cruz can say he will deport all 11 million of illegal immigrates, propose a long term plan that will accomplish that( make it look realistic), and support people coming legally in they aren't a threat to national security or someshit. Attack how his plan is stupid, question his mental capabilities, and tout your own capabilities.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Warren would be a successful Presidential candidate? I mean, I'd 100% vote for her, and I may have even considered her over Hilary. But...I'm not sure hoI'm not sure how successful she would have been. I think she'd have done better than Bernie, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

I mean, I adore her. I phone banked for her a fuck ton in 2012 because fuck Scott Brown. She's a personal hero of mine...but I just don't see it in the General.

Cerium

Am I the only one who doesn't think Warren would be a successful Presidential candidate? I mean, I'd 100% vote for her, and I may have even considered her over Hilary. But...I'm not sure hoI'm not sure how successful she would have been. I think she'd have done better than Bernie, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

I mean, I adore her. I phone banked for her a fuck ton in 2012 because fuck Scott Brown. She's a personal hero of mine...but I just don't see it in the General.

She's a younger, female Bernie with more name recognition and a lot less baggage.

I think she might have been able to beat Trump. Whether or not she could've beaten Hillary is a question of whether she'd have been able to win over any significant segment of the black vote.

Cerium

It's even more hilarious considering they did the exact same thing for Nevada. What a Mickey Mouse operation.

I've been asking for a long time, but what exactly are they spending all that money on?

I honestly believe that there's some Ben Carson shit going on in Bernie's campaign. It's a fucking pyramid scheme.

Probably because she is very similar to Bern. She wants to regulate Wall Street and give lower and middle class Americans a leg up.

I love her as well and that was way before she was in the Senate and spoke out on financial and debt issues in the past. But I wouldn't want her to run for President until she is good and done with being in the Senate. Keep her there to help push for these reforms in congress.

Cerium

Probably because she is very similar to Bern. She wants to regulate Wall Street and give lower and middle class Americans a leg up.

I love her as well and that was way before she was in the Senate and spoke out on financial and debt issues in the past. But I wouldn't want her to run for President until she is good and done with being in the Senate. Keep her there to help push for these reforms in congress.

She's too old. This was probably her only shot.

I like Warren, by the way. If it was Warren and Hillary I'd probably feel a lot less strongly about the primaries.

Man Chris Hayes is in a PANIC. He had Mook and Weaver on tonight. The theme of the show was "OKAY WHICH ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO STOP TRUMP WE NEED TO STOP TRUMP OH GOD STOP TRUMP WE MUST WE MUST WE MUST"

Mainstream media now realizing the monster they created. And it's probably too late to stop it.

Bowdz

Man Chris Hayes is in a PANIC. He had Mook and Weaver on tonight. The theme of the show was "OKAY WHICH ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO STOP TRUMP WE NEED TO STOP TRUMP OH GOD STOP TRUMP WE MUST WE MUST WE MUST"

Mainstream media now realizing the monster they created. And it's probably too late to stop it.

God bless the United States of Trump.

She's too old. This was probably her only shot.

I like Warren, by the way. If it was Warren and Hillary I'd probably feel a lot less strongly about the primaries.

She'll be the same age as Bernie in 8 years. Only 70 if for some reason we only have a 1 term Prez.

I think she's somewhere in the middle of Hillary and Warren. Hillary has the Clinton Nostalgia, being Obama's designated successor, and all of her experience to win over swing voters.

OTOH, Warren doesn't have the SOS credentials (and that could possibly hurt her if the GOP put up a non-crazy person on foreign policy), or the long time experience, but in many ways, she has a better story than Clinton and can put forth Bernie's ideas without the stridency. She sounds like your older aunt or grandma whose talking common sense instead of the crazy uncle who lives in the one room apartment stuffed with old copies of the Worker's Daily.

Someone should actually run a poll on that.

But 74 is too old. Hell, even Reagan was pushing it. Dude was comatose in his second term.

I don't think it's too old.

The job is pretty damn tough and it ages people radically, I'll give you that.

Hilary is way past retirement age... is she too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom