• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The cast of the West Wing campaigned with Hilldawg today.

Well, except Rob Lowe of course.

lol

DOWN

Banned
Dad says FBI is corrupt and can't bother with Hillary because Comey and co. didn't make video tapes, let her staffer come in and out freely, and one of her immune staffers was caught lying so the immunity should be revoked......................................

aaaaa0

Someone on MSNBC compared the debate to a bullfight and I think that metaphor works quite well. You don't fight the Bull at first. You poke it and prod it to enrage it, then you style on it and kill it. It's a process that makes the bull look pathetic and the matador look suave.

Oh, that does explain the red pantsuit!

The "how will you get guns away from domestic abusers" question is good and extremely important to me, please upvote that if you can. Please. I want the townhall to consider it.

Emarv

I hope Hill's team have more surprises for Trump like Machado for the remaining debates. I'd like her to drop something out of the blue like that at each debate and hear him saying "Where did you find this?" over and over and the campaign forced to deal with it for days on end each time.

I honestly believe (hope) that they actually do have oppo ready for each debate. It may not be as elegant every time as last question -> new oppo -> commercial -> full PR blitz , but I bet they have stuff ready just in case.

I have full faith in the campaign from here on out. I expect full on assault at all moments from here until November.

Okay, I'm pretty sure 98% of the population is misunderstanding "Where did you find this?"

Trump remembered that the NYT included Machado in their "Trump hates women" piece. He also ranted and raved against the piece and had "evidence" that the piece was biased and totally wrong and from a failing paper. Trump wanted Hillary to say that she found out about the piece from the NYT article so he could start bashing the article.

The NYT piece on Trump hating women is one of the few campaign issues Trump has actually cared about.

Cerium

Okay, I'm pretty sure 98% of the population is misunderstanding "Where did you find this?"

Trump remembered that the NYT included Machado in their "Trump hates women" piece. He also ranted and raved against the piece and had "evidence" that the piece was biased and totally wrong and from a failing paper. Trump wanted Hillary to say that she found out about the piece from the NYT article so he could start bashing the article.

The NYT piece on Trump hating women is one of the few campaign issues Trump has actually cared about.

I actually think you're right, but see no reason to argue the case.

The actual meaning of "where did you find this?!?" has little value to discussions, I just remember Trump tweets for weeks about the "discredited" NYT article so I know that article was something he really cared about and remembers and wanted to attack.

Veelk

Banned
I'm still surprised Machado blew up in his face like it did.

I thought it was such common knowledge that Trump was disrespectful to women that he wouldn't even bother denying it because he didn't think anyone would care.

I honestly believe (hope) that they actually do have oppo ready for each debate. It may not be as elegant every time as last question -> new oppo -> commercial -> full PR blitz , but I bet they have stuff ready just in case.

I have full faith in the campaign from here on out. I expect full on assault at all moments from here until November.

Should drop a nice bomb at the end of every debate (like Machado) and reduce Trump to a screaming puddle of mess.

Owzers

I'm still surprised Machado blew up in his face like it did.

I thought it was such common knowledge that Trump was disrespectful to women that he wouldn't even bother denying it because he didn't think anyone would care.
Only Rosie O'Donnell.

Holmes

It's been a good week for Hillary. So how will she fuck it up and reverse it tomorrow? Will she cough? Will she call racists bad?

sazzy

New story on Washington Post says that Trump Foundation doesn't have the necessary permit in NY state to raise/solicit/accept more than $25,000.

And the foundation has solicited and accepted millions of dollars.

The permit is contingent on an independent auditor going through the foundation books to make sure there's no irregularities, like self-dealing.

Neither are "Well that's your opinion.", "Well that is just not accurate." "There are different views about what's good for our country."

She really need to prepare more specific, forceful answers to his trade attacks than she had during the debate.
Suggest one. She reads this thread.

sazzy

Trump sending out his little pepes to defend his debate performance, foundation, cuban ties, sexism, etc on CNN, MSNBC etc.

dxdjP1F.png

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

lol

Perhaps one of her aides may occasionally see reactions and the like though, and the only reason for that being the strange reason neogaf was a top referrer to hillaryclinton.com

Pixieking

Banned
The counterattack to trade is easy "Why are you making your supposedly luxury clothing in bangladesh instead of america?"

Letterman already showed how to do it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc

I don't think a simple counter-attack would work - it's an offensive move, but it's also a deflection. It doesn't show why anyone should vote for Hillary, it just shows Trump's a hypocrite. Which everyone already knows. It also allows him to spin the "I'm a business-man, I know what'll bring business back" line.

I'm still trying to think of an angle that is positive for Hillary, and not too wonky. :/ Basing something in facts, whilst making it punchy and easy to understand is really difficult for something like trade.

That's basically a "You too!" response.
It still presupposes that trade liberalisation is bad. Trump making textiles offshore makes sense because they can do it better and cheaper, which means you get cheaper shitty Trump products.

If you want to keep jobs in America do it better. Or train people and retrain people to do things you're better at.

sazzy

Since Trump is so good at projecting his own deficiencies, real or perceived, on other people, someone should look into his place of birth. Asap.

Cerium

Trump called a reporter the C word in 88. Short of him using it during a debate though, nobody will care.

http://billypenn.com/2016/09/29/former-inquirer-reporter-recalls-that-time-trump-called-her-a-c-t/

and I don't know, I don't think there's a good answer on trade. I think she made a mistake when she turned her back on TPP because of Bernie. It was a classic flip flop, done purely for political reasons, and everybody knows it.

Not only do I agree, I'm also really scared now that TPP won't happen.

She knows as well as anyone that it should. She's risking an awful lot on the lame duck session.

Eusis

I'm kind of feeling the same way as more comes out. I'd still prefer they vote Johnson, but at this point more because he'd be spoiling Trump than a legitimately superior choice (well, he probably is, but barely so rather than significantly so.)

sazzy

Here's why r/donald thinks that Trump is actually leading by 8 points in LATimes poll, and not 4 points as per their overall chart.

2Je6wx9.png

aaaaa0

I don't have anything of substance (it's really hard to defend free trade in a short easy to digest answer), but just rhetorically I have something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855Am6ovK7s&feature=youtu.be&t=20m32s

She said "Well, that's your opinion" twice when Trump was attacking NAFTA.

She might have said something like "Donald, NAFTA was signed in 1992. If you remember, we had 8 straight years of economic and job growth while my husband was in office."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855Am6ovK7s&feature=youtu.be&t=20m57s

"Well, that, that is just not accurate" is filler. She should have immediately launched into "Donald, I wrote in 2014 that we should reserve judgement on the TPP. They finished it, I read it, and now I oppose it. You had nothing to do with my decision."

Basically, responses like "Well, that's your opinion." and "Well, that, that is just not accurate" are fillers that don't actually say anything and make it look like you don't have a good response, even if later on you do.

I don't think this happened in any other part of the debate, and it contributed to people's perceptions that Trump had the initiative during the trade segment.

thebloo

Accuser Juanita Broaddrick, whose claim of a 1978 sexual assault has been denied by the Clintons, thinks Hillary Clinton was too passive. “I always felt if she’d been a stronger person . . . she could have done something about his behavior,” she said.

What the fuck...

aaaaa0

Here's why r/donald thinks that Trump is actually leading by 8 points in LATimes poll, and not 4 points as per their overall chart.

2Je6wx9.png

???

The current overall chart has 47.3 Trump / 41.7 Clinton.

I don't think the LA Times poll is a good methodology though, if I'm understanding it correctly.

1. It asks the % that the subject is in favor of either Trump or Clinton (sums to 100%).
2. It asks the % chance that the subject will vote at all.

It then asks this every day for a panel of subjects with a running average that takes 1 and 2 into consideration.

The problem I see is it seems to me that a small number of rabid supporters will affect the LA Times poll more than a larger number of lukewarm supporters. And this is inaccurate because there are no fractional votes in the real election, it's either a vote for Clinton, or a vote for Trump.

sazzy

???

The current overall chart has 47.3 Trump / 41.7 Clinton.

I don't think the LA Times poll is a good methodology though, if I'm understanding it correctly.

1. It asks the % that the subject is in favor of either Trump or Clinton (sums to 100%).
2. It asks the % chance that the subject will vote at all.

It then asks this every day for a panel of subjects with a running average that takes 1 and 2 into consideration.

The problem I see is it seems to me that a small number of rabid supporters will affect the LA Times poll more than a larger number of lukewarm supporters. And this is inaccurate because there are no fractional votes in the real election, it's either a vote for Clinton, or a vote for Trump.

oh ok, that's better then, because when I took the screenshot, the overall number was still at +4 :s

In other news,

I think the latest Washington Post dig is going to be huge, because its simple to understand and state in a soundbite.

"Trump Foundation solicited money without proper certification from NY state, which makes it illegal"

Fox News with a nasty Machado hit piece, to smear and discredit:

Ex-Miss Universe Machado disses Melania, had racy TV encounter while engaged

 Fox News - 14h ago

The former beauty queen who accused Donald Trump of making insensitive remarks about her looks and ethnicity apparently had no issue taking shots at the appearance and speaking ability of Trump's wife.
https://goo.gl/wCNqsY

I don't have anything of substance (it's really hard to defend free trade in a short easy to digest answer), but just rhetorically I have something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855Am6ovK7s&feature=youtu.be&t=20m32s

She said "Well, that's your opinion" twice when Trump was attacking NAFTA.

She might have said something like "Donald, NAFTA was signed in 1992. If you remember, we had 8 straight years of economic and job growth while my husband was in office."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855Am6ovK7s&feature=youtu.be&t=20m57s

"Well, that, that is just not accurate" is filler. She should have immediately launched into "Donald, I wrote in 2014 that we should reserve judgement on the TPP. They finished it, I read it, and now I oppose it. You had nothing to do with my decision."

Basically, responses like "Well, that's your opinion." and "Well, that, that is just not accurate" are fillers that don't actually say anything and make it look like you don't have a good response, even if later on you do.

I don't think this happened in any other part of the debate, and it contributed to people's perceptions that Trump had the initiative during the trade segment.

I think the one two punch on Trade is better by promoting the good traits of International Free Trade WHILE dismissing Trumps' relevancy as a business man. It could actually be really effective.

"Look Donald, trade and commerce is the single most effective tool for bringing peace and prosperity throughout the world. Unlike you, Donald, I believe that most Americans do not want to stiffle their business parters and want to deal in honest trade. For example, Ford, a company that you falselyattacked for moving factories to Mexico, just announced XX numbers of high skilled well paying jobs in the Detroit Area while also continuing to invest with our Mexican neighbors. That means a better more economically develop market for all.

The history books are open and you can just look at how much trade with out neighbors Mexico and Canada has helped us develop jointly as nations. As POTUS I will fight to make deals that make sense for our trade allies as well as the American people"

sazzy

We update the data each day based on the weighted average of poll responses over the previous week. That means results have less volatility than some other polls, but also means the poll lags somewhat in responding to major events in the campaign.

sPOwn4t.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom