• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Mook begging for stuff.

Monica Alba ‏@albamonica
HRC's Robby Mook in $$ email: debate was "best online fundraising night of the whole campaign" but they're "still lagging behind" Trump haul

CtkTR8XXYAAOXqO.jpg:large

Mikef2000

The day that never ended. Keep 'em coming.

The cherry on top of this shit-cake is that this entire thing( debate debacle and complete meltdown) happenned AFTER Ted Cruz humilliantingly endorsed Trump.

Hopefully this whole mess end up being a two for one. Ending any high office apirations of both Cruz and Trump.

johnsmith

remember me
Eugenics is when you prevent people from reproducing through forced-steriliziation or murder.

He believes in positive eugenics

noun, ( used with a singular verb)
the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics)

Paskil

The cherry on top of this shit-cake is that this entire thing( debate debacle and complete meltdown) happenned AFTER Ted Cruz humilliantingly endorsed Trump.

Hopefully this whole mess end up being a two for one. Ending any high office apirations of both Cruz and Trump.

Ted Cruz gave birth to the first known example of self-aware smugness. His downfall was already predetermined.

He believes in positive eugenics

noun, ( used with a singular verb)
the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics)

So he plays pokemon and fire emblem?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think the charity license thing is going to blow up much bigger than people think.

By not getting the license, the state wasn't ever flagged to audit the charity. That way, nobody would know how much money was being funneled through, which reporters have been saying happened (businesses that owed Trump money were told to give it to the charity, probably to avoid taxes).

My guess is the New York officials go after this.

SexyFish

Banned
I think the charity license thing is going to blow up much bigger than people think.

By not getting the license, the state wasn't ever flagged to audit the charity. That way, nobody would know how much money was being funneled through, which reporters have been saying happened (businesses that owed Trump money were told to give it to the charity, probably to avoid taxes).

Would Republicans call for him to drop out at that point? If he obviously did something as slush fundy as this?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Would Republicans call for him to drop out at that point? If he obviously did something as slush fundy as this/

I cannot imagine the investigation would move fast enough to beat the election.

SexyFish

Banned
I cannot imagine the investigation would move fast enough to beat the election.

I mean in combination with the Cuba scandal we have two possible illegal actions by Trump, would Republicans just abandon ship and focus on State and Senate at that point?

The people who fell in line recently have got to be feeling like shit right now. They thought it'd be different and that he'd be more professional, but like every deal with Trump, you need the receipts up front before you buy in.

I think his campaign goes through another shake-up in the next week or so (maybe after the second debate), and he'll just name Ivanka's husband as the manager and ride this thing out with family around him. Trump is incredibly paranoid, and after the terrible showing from his surrogates this week, I think he'll be fuming at them.

This probably only happens after the election. Once that's over, he'll be investigated for sure, and I highly doubt he comes out of it 100%. Could very well end up paying a shit ton of fines (if he's got the cash), or even some cushy jail time.

Something tells me the rate at which these stories drop is going increase, not decrease. The man has decades of being human garbage to account for.

The press is being mean to me, very mean to me, and they can do that, they can, I have thick skin, I have very thick skin, people tell me all the time, they tell me, they tell me "it's amazing how you deal with these constant lying attacks, I couldn't do it," but I have thick skin, believe me, but the media is being mean to me and they continue to ignore that Hillary Clinton raped and killed a girl in 1990.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah this is the tip of the iceberg. He called a pageant winner fat and he tried / did business in Cuba? Troubling for any candidate, but not post 1st-debate stuff if that's all you have. Wait 'till they drop the rape stuff and mobster stuff.

The biggest miscalculation to those who said the media would cover trump as a comeback story: they love train wrecks even more; especially if it's someone who's a dick to them

Piecake

If Trump does elected, is he impeached? If so, how quickly?

My guess is yes and quickly.

I don't think it is a secret that Republicans far prefer Pence to Trump, and the reporting about the foundation and a likely investigation that probably will result in some illegal activity would give Republicans the cover (and duty) to impeach Trump.

They tarnish an embarrassment and get a guy they wanted in the White House. Their base might revolt, but where is their base going to go? Getting primaried is probably a real concern for those Republican politicians though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The biggest miscalculation to those who said the media would cover trump as a comeback story: they love train wrecks even more; especially if it's someone who's a dick to them

this presupposes a giant media conspiracy of narrative (and not decades of improper schooling to be both-sides-do-it 'fair')

AND

if they love train wrecks, why not start earlier?

DOWN

Banned
These scandals aren't convincing my dad. He says Hillary has more scandals but we just aren't seeing them because liberal reporters and liberal state attorney generals won't investigate her. Despite the lack of evidence, he swears her unknown scandals are worse than Trumps literal scandals.

Piecake

These scandals aren't convincing my dad. He says Hillary has more scandals but we just aren't seeing them because liberal reporters and liberal state attorney generals won't investigate her. Despite the lack of evidence, he swears her unknown scandals are worse than Trumps literal scandals.

I never expected these scandals to sway his actual supporters.

What it can have an impact on are the undecideds and the people who are really lukewarm about both candidates and are leaning to one side or the other.

My mom was starting to consider switching from Constitution to Trump, but I think the debate (and my whispers) have got her back in #Darrel'sBarrel.

Teggy

Dorothy Rabinowitz, an author who previously wrote an editorial in the WSJ supporting Juanita Broadrrick, has written an editorial in support of Hillary Clinton.

If Trump does elected, is he impeached? If so, how quickly?

My guess is yes and quickly.

I don't think it is a secret that Republicans far prefer Pence to Trump, and the reporting about the foundation and a likely investigation that probably will result in some illegal activity would give Republicans the cover (and duty) to impeach Trump.

They tarnish an embarrassment and get a guy they wanted in the White House. Their base might revolt, but where is their base going to go? Getting primaried is probably a real concern for those Republican politicians though.

Republican leadership isn't going to beg Pelosi and Schumer to crossover to impeach Trump. It's not just about their base, the Speaker doesn't have absolute control over Republican congressmen. Is Ryan going to throw away his political career over it?

Tell him to get his ass out there and investigate her if he thinks he can do a better job.

Piecake

Republican leadership isn't going to beg Pelosi and Schumer to crossover to impeach Trump. It's not just about their base, the Speaker doesn't have absolute control over Republican congressmen. Is Ryan going to throw away his political career over it?

I doubt Republican leadership would have to if there was a clear case for impeachment. But yea, I agree that the fear of being primaried could result in us not seeing it happen. Problem is, is that is a further tarnish of the Republican brand. If impeachable charges are filed against Trump by the NY AG there will be a huge clamor for impeachment. Not going along with that will hurt Republicans deeply because it will seem like they will be putting party over country.

Also, I really don't see this as a career ending move for Ryan either. He looks to be in a pretty safe district, both from primaries and general elections. Moreover, he can play the moral high ground, which would be good national cred. If he throws his hat in the ring for the presidency, he wasn't going to get a lot of support from Trumpkins anyways. His support will come from mainstream Republicans and evangelicals. Impeaching Trump isn't going to hurt him there. It might actually help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom