• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Had to double check to make sure it wasn't one of his million parody accounts.

No idea why anyone thought pointing out a sex tape would be the right play but uh, I think we've hit critical mass.

I see this line of thinking a lot. "I have no idea why anyone thought that would be a good idea." It really demonstrates how disparate the mental framework of a republican is from the democrats. For generations, a woman's worth was basically determined by the status of her sexuality. The ideology of the GOP is an archaic system that still incorperates values that are basically founded on bigotry and white male privileged.

It's pretty obvious why. Machado had a sex tape. Therefore she is a bad person. Therefore, Clinton has no case because what's wrong with demeaning a bad person? It's not even a matter of hypocrisy to melania, since it's pretty obvious atleast to me that he doesn't care for her as a person. To understand that doesn't fly in the outside world means they'd have to atleast seriously entertain how a woman might still have her moral character and worth while being openly sexual. That's incomprehensible for them, so they'll just bitch about the damn liberal agenda that ignores their perfectly crafted evidence of how Machado is not worth defending because she had a sex tape.

Obviously, #NotAllRepublicans, but it is the mental framework of the crew Trump runs with and since they are currently the head of the GOP....

thebloo

So, if Machado comes up in the Town Hall, he'll call her "disgusting". Cool, cool, that's a good play...

I really don't think the Clinton campaign is surprised by the attacks. I'm 99% sure they knew about her past and talked to her before the blitz. What is going on right now is having a huge impact with women that have been dismissed for being fat, "aggressive" or slutty. Which is most women.

So, if Machado comes up in the Town Hall, he'll call her "disgusting". Cool, cool, that's a good play...

I really don't think the Clinton campaign is surprised by the attacks. I'm 99% sure they knew about her past and talked to her before the blitz. What is going on right now is having a huge impact with women that have been dismissed for being fat, "aggressive" or slutty. Which is most women.

Of course Clinton campaign knew about it. They even timed the cosmo spread with the debate.

Just waiting for them to bring up the fact that Trump is campaigning with an actual murderer.

WBUR poll has Clinton +7 in NH

Hillary Clinton 42%
Donald Trump 35%
Gary Johnson 13%
Jill Stein 4%
Another candidate (not read) 2%
Don’t Know / Refused (not read) 4%

thebloo

Best spin I've heard today:

Trump is running an undocumented charity.

He has the best people. The smartest people.
Speaking of which.

“You have to keep great people around you,” Trump said. “You have to motivate them. You always have to be on top of them. And you have to be smarter than they are. I hear so many times, ‘Oh, I want my people to be smarter than I am.’ It’s a lot of crap. You want to be smarter than your people, if possible.”

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
WBUR poll has Clinton +7 in NH

Hillary Clinton 42%
Donald Trump 35%
Gary Johnson 13%
Jill Stein 4%
Another candidate (not read) 2%
Don’t Know / Refused (not read) 4%

Jill Stein at 4% is a laugher. IMO anyone who says they're voting for Jill Stein should fail the LV screen.

A vote for Stein isn't actually a vote for Stein, but for the Green party. Nobody expects her to win anything, poll should just say "Hillary, Trump, Green Party, Libertarian Party."
I need more parties!

Even the CNN people who typically go out of their way to be as boring and balanced as possible in their strategy analysis were (almost literally) screaming about how horrible an idea bringing up Bill's bonus sexy times would be.

Has there been a single Clinton story all week? Other than one that's referencing how they'll respond to Trump's next insane move, I mean.

Boke1879

He just can't leave well enough alone. Clinton just needs to do her rally in Florida maybe a press conference and just chill for the weekend. Trump has done enough to keep his name in the media in a negative way.

Monday she's in Ohio think and next week should be the start of Obama unleashed

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Donald has his phone, campaign panicking?

Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?

Using Alicia M in the debate as a paragon of virtue just shows that Crooked Hillary suffers from BAD JUDGEMENT! Hillary was set up by a con.

Wow, Crooked Hillary was duped and used by my worst Miss U. Hillary floated her as an "angel" without checking her past, which is terrible!

Okay realistically we are back in the phase post-convention when we had trump vs. kahn, melania plagiarism, etc. etc. Clinton is probably going to get back to that gap in the polls.

Unlike last time, however, when she disappeared and trump took over from mid-aug to mid-sep, there are two more debates where she can keep the train going.

Should be golden from here.

Okay realistically we are back in the phase post-convention when we had trump vs. kahn, melania plagiarism, etc. etc. Clinton is probably going to get back to that gap in the polls.

Unlike last time, however, when she disappeared and trump took over from mid-aug to mid-sep, there are two more debates where she can keep the train going.

Should be golden from here.

Exactly, this time Clinton isn't going away. In fact we now have Bernie, Warren, Obamas, Biden also going all in.

And here I was thinking when south Park couldn't get any lazier they actually brought back the giant douche and turd sandwich because both sides everyone!

Not to worry too much, but I think a difference between this and previous elections is the higher support for third party candidates. And I think this just basically signals a far larger group who doesn't know yet if they'll vote, who to vote for if they do, or don't want to tell who they'll vote for. So I think this year, reading the polls is a little less easy. If there's a 3 point swing to Trump in general on election day, it's becomes basically a coin toss. I want Hillary to have a commanding lead, in case the polls don't catch a certain demographic.

I think this is it folks. He loses Florida and the white female vote by even larger portions now.

Edit: Souldriver don't use Diablos' name, they have requested it not to be used that way.

sazzy

I'm always amused by how dogmatic people tend to 'rationalize away' facts and truths.

Here's a hot example:

ytwNtlt.png

What the article actually says is:

ATHENS, Ohio — After decades as one of America’s most reliable political bellwethers, an inevitable presidential battleground that closely mirrored the mood and makeup of the country, Ohio is suddenly fading in importance this year.

It is a jarring change for political veterans here, who relish being at the center of the country’s presidential races: Because of newer battleground states, Mrs. Clinton can amass the 270 electoral votes required to win even if she loses Ohio.

“Their map is a little different, and Ohio is not as crucial as it once was,” conceded James Ruvolo, a former chairman of the Ohio Democratic Party who lives in the Toledo area, a Democratic bulwark that Mrs. Clinton has not visited once this year. “They’ll keep putting in money, but I don’t think they’re going to put a lot of her time in here.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/us/politics/ohio-campaign-trump-clinton.html?ref=politics

And no, its not even on the front page anymore.

She's certainly not giving OH the attention previous Democratic candidates gave.

But she doesn't have to, she has to focus on other states.

She's certainly not giving OH the attention previous Democratic candidates gave.

But she doesn't have to, she has to focus on other states.

I'll tell you what she should pay attention to... what she's wearing to the next debate!! Did you see that pantsuit!? Hello!!

[*toilet flush, record scratch, bouncy spring sound effects*]

thebloo

Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?

This is the stupidest tweet he ever made. And that's saying a lot.

Parshias7

This is the stupidest tweet he ever made. And that's saying a lot.

It is pretty funny that apparently the thing that rattled Trump the most from that whole thing is that she is a citizen now. Because as far as Donald is concerned, him calling her a fat pig was the right thing to do and she clearly deserved it.

It is the same thing with the out of left field Rosie O'Donnell mention during the debate: these things will keep happening and keep hurting Trump because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. So he'll keep bringing it up, often unprompted, to brag about how great he is at putting dumb bitches in their place. And most people will absolutely hate him for it.

thebloo

It is pretty funny that apparently the thing that rattled Trump the most from that whole thing is that she is a citizen now. Because as far as Donald is concerned, him calling her a fat pig was the right thing to do and she clearly deserved it.

It is the same thing with the out of left field Rosie O'Donnell mention during the debate: these things will keep happening and keep hurting Trump because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. So he'll keep bringing it up, often unprompted, to brag about how great he is at putting dumb bitches in their place. And most people will absolutely hate him for it.

And Hillary made her a citizen! Because that's the only way a Hispanic would ever become a US citizen. Through a white person wanting to use her. It's stupid on so many levels, it's actually incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom