• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So there is an 11 point gap between the spreads of the Ras poll this morning (Trump +5) and that AP poll tonight (Hillary +6). That seems odd.

Zukkoyaki

So there is an 11 point gap between the spreads of the Ras poll this morning (Trump +5) and that AP poll tonight (Hillary +6). That seems odd.
Because Rasmussen is a borderline joke poll. Its republican bias is almost as blatant as LA Times. There's a reason why we have a chuckle about it every Thursday.

Boke1879

I asked someone to imagine how a Trump Justice Department would handle the BLM issue. Attorney General Rudolph Giuliani. His department would probably ignore BLM complaints and give winks/thumbs-up at local police departments.

Iike I know people aren't enthused to vote out of fear, but come the fuck on. Look at this shit. You have a Presidential candidate that is condoning racial profiling.

And now you have congressman saying this shit as if it has ANYTHING to do with what just happened. Nevermind a cop shot another man for no reason.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't know why state polls would lag national polls with the same sampling timeframe. I think she's just not going to win heavily bumfuk states.

And we don't need them. 270 makes you the president yo

Pittenger also blamed welfare. I posted about it earlier in the OT thread on the shooting.

“It is a welfare state. We have spent trillions of dollars on welfare, and we’ve put people in bondage, so they can’t be all they’re capable of being.”
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

Video of him saying it is included in the article.The BBC interviewer had to be like "you stupid Americans."

royalan

Has anyone downloaded this Hillary app? Jess just texted me about it.

That is what I am asking, do they only have alerts for bad polls or something? Otherwise they are here lurking just waiting to panic.

You're whining about people whining...before those people you're whining about have come here to whine?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm shocked at the generally positive reception to the Between Two Ferns Hillary segment.

Thread Here

Discuss the impact of the segment in here if you want.

Piecake

Donald Trump's campaign isn't alone in patronizing his own businesses: taxpayers are indirectly doing so, too.

Federal Election Commission records show that the U.S. Secret Service has paid the Trump campaign about $1.6 million to cover the cost of flying its agents with the candidate on a plane owned and operated by one of his companies.
Story Continued Below

It’s standard practice for the agency — which is tasked with protecting presidential candidates as well as presidents and other federal officials — to reimburse presidential campaigns for the cost of traveling with the candidates.

In fact, the Secret Service has reimbursed the Clinton campaign, too: $2.6 million so far this cycle. The difference with Trump is that one of his companies, TAG Air, Inc., owns the plane, so the government is effectively paying him.

The Clinton campaign, by contrast, mostly has been chartering planes from a private company called Executive Fliteways in which the Clintons do not have any ownership interest.

The Secret Service could also end up paying Trump's hotels to put up his agents when the candidate stays there. But those expenses don't appear in FEC reports because the government pays them directly.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-secret-service-campaign-travel-payments-228553

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rep. Robert Pittenger, NC 9th Congressional District, for those wondering. Includes part of Charlotte. He's already trying to apologize and walk back his comments.

There is absolutely no way anyone could walk back that comment.

Plinko

It's fucking disgusting and you don't get to walk that back.

I can't even comprehend the spin somebody could come up with for that. It is totally inexcusable.

So it seems that even though this survey was conducted from 9/15-9/19, the actual dates of the top line are 9/15-9/16 (which is embedded in the poll). So make with that what you will.

They asked other stuff the other 2 days.

Teggy

So Palmer Luckey is funding a group that creates anti-Hillary memes and shitposts. Those stories about him stealing the Oculus tech aren't sounding so far-fetched.

https://twitter.com/davidplouffe/status/778974010642051072

In Trump's mind he wins by merely showing up. The ratings are going to be big and he'll likely be talked about the most no matter what happens. He's a showman, that's all. That being said I'm feeling more confident that he won't attend the next debate. Hillary Clinton is a very good debater, and arguably the best debater out of the last 16 years of national elections. I think the contrast between the two candidates is going to be so stark that it'll be very hard for most of the media to play the "both sides" game. Yes some of that will happen regardless, and Trump being entertaining/funny will sway some folks...but overall you're going to see a professional and a clown.

If the media reaction is as bad as I think it can be, and if polls are as unanimous as I expect they'll be, Trump's only recourse will be to declare the process rigged and refuse to participate again unless his demands are met. In his mind he wins via default, so any perception of a loss=someone is cheating him.

The biggest danger I see for Clinton is that Trump's ceiling is so low, expectations wise. A lot of people are going to tune in to be entertained, and Trump will easily provide that. And his debate and speaking style makes it easy for him to repeat various things for 30-90 seconds effectively. If the question is on Syria for instance he can say "Syria is a mess, it was fine before Obama and Hillary ruined it. We're losing there, Russia is doing xyz. When I'm president we're going to have a winning strategy, ok. We're going to lead." He could potentially get away with that depending on what the media has to say, and depending on voter's reactions to Hillary's answers (does she dodge responsibility, does she refuse to criticize the president, etc).

She doesn't even have to criticize the president. All she needs to say that the Syria is extremely complicated with no easy solutions, say what Obama did right, and talk about her plan(which it would be just Obama's) . I think people forget Trump is very, very exposed to attacks . Nearly everything he says would have an counter; for various of reasons like vagueness, too simplistic, being extremely ignorant, etc. It just how Hillary will respond.

Emarv

My favorite thing about Hillary's bounce back to +5-7 is that the media has no narrative for it. It's just that the population flat out rejected the notions that the health scare or Deplorables comment hurt her. The analysis was wrong other than Hillary not being on the trail and helping focus the narrative on Trump's ridiculous comments and his foundation.

Nothing stops the Killary!

Makai

So Palmer Luckey is funding a group that creates anti-Hillary memes and shitposts. Those stories about him stealing the Oculus tech aren't sounding so far-fetched.
I don't see how that follows.

Carmack, on the other hand, was convicted for robbery and said he would do it again if he could get away with it.

My favorite thing about Hillary's bounce back to +5-7 is that the media has no narrative for it. It's just that the population flat out rejected the notions that the health scare or Deplorables comment hurt her. The analysis was wrong other than Hillary not being on the trail and helping focus the narrative on Trump's ridiculous comments and his foundation.

Nothing stops the Killary!
Yeah it's really just a reversion to the mean if anything.

I think this race just fundamentally isn't very competitive. It's not a slam dunk (yet) but we seem to be looking at something inbetween 2012 and 2008. Some states shifting around due to demographics (IA/OH worse for Democrats, VA/CO better for example) but overall not a good place for Republicans.

Paskil

Look at the polls! Look at the states! Look at the news! PoliGAF is wetting the bed out of sheer happiness. Just wait until next week when PoliGAF is wetting the bed in fear!

It's freaky seeing people on Facebook who complain about how "this election sucks, ugh, both sides are bad" all the time reacting so well to that Between Two Ferns interview.

Most seem impressed with how funny Hillary can be when she wants to be. An actual Buster posting about how funny it was. And not in a dumb passive aggressive way, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom