• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

It's a wise choice. If she went after the party as a whole and tied Donald with them at the hip, it would have backfired. It wouldn't help toward consolidating her base, and would have pushed away people on the right trying to escape Donald's hold of the party.

Donald has a hold on that party because he received 14 million of that party's votes.

It's time to acknowledge the Republican party for what it has become, not the ideals its leaders want us to believe they still uphold.

Slizeezyc

Yoooooo, this Omarosa comment, yoooooooo

Omarosa: ‘Every Critic, Every Detractor, Will Have to Bow Down to President Trump’

http://www.mediaite.com/online/omar...tor-will-have-to-bow-down-to-president-trump/

tumblr_m97rj02Ulv1qmkzclo1_400.gif

Man that gif is seizure inducing....

Brian Williams still likes to pretend he's a real newsman, doesn't he?

Email from Carville again. Subject was "Cockamamie"

On Monday night, when Trump says whatever new cockamamie thing he's dreamed up, Hillary won’t hear you yelling at your TV. There's just no way for you to rush the stage and give this a guy a piece of your damn mind.
<3

HylianTom

Banned
I read the quote to my husband, and now he's singing "bow down before the one you serve/you're going to get what you deserve" in a German accent..

Bowdz

On a different topic, I hope you guys have been watching @Midnight this week. They've got Anthony Atamanuik doing his amazing Trump impression all week hosting the show. It has been fantastic. Dude deserves an Oscar for his performance.

Brian Williams is straight up trash right now. Y'all watching this shit on MSNBC?

He tried to get Montel Williams (?) to say they didn't have a right to protest. Montel actually read the media a bit, saying that they want things to get out of hand. And that people have a right to protest, and to even protest how a person protests.

Then Steve Schmidt (!?!?!) chimed in by saying this is soooo political. And the mayor of Charlotte is naive i she doesn't see she's not being transparent LIKE HILLARY WITH HER HEALTH!

HylianTom

Banned
Off topic, but you and your husband are my relationship goals. :)
Making me blush..

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if FreeRepublic had any sort of reaction to today's Between Two Ferns segment.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3472323/posts

It's a really mixed bag. A few found it funny. Others thought it flopped. Others didn't seem to get the humor.. at all.

My favorite post was a bit tinfoily and dark:
"Don’t be surprised if [Zach] meets an untimely demise. This was brutal."

On a different topic, I hope you guys have been watching @Midnight this week. They've got Anthony Atamanuik doing his amazing Trump impression all week hosting the show. It has been fantastic. Dude deserves an Oscar for his performance.

Yes, easily the best, funniest Trump impersonator at the moment. Here's a clip for the uninitiated

Emarv

OMG

5 bucks says Trump mentions him by name if this is true.
It's true. Apparently Clinton camp asked him to be there and gave him the "best seat in the house" specifically so Trump could see him.

Love the mind games that go into debates.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The Hill has a #hillaryshealth article based entirely on a single picture where Hillary looked a little cross eyed, is being passed around the right wing media now.

Any time hillary makes a funny face for a split second on camera becoming a huge thing among the right is one of the many weird things about this election.

mo60

What Omarosa said is kinda insane. Thank god in a few months we most likely won't have to bow to a president trump.

Teggy

NRA ad saying Hillary is going to take away women's guns and basically they will be killed and raped in their own home trending on Facebook. Really gross and obviously untrue. But lots of people eating it up.

Emarv

Well Cuban is an actual billionaire, so maybe that's the play.
She should invite Bloomberg and Buffet to the front row, also. Really remind him that he's not a big fish.

The Omarosa/Frontline thing also just proves that this is all really a petty revenge thing for Trump after the WH Correspondent's Dinner.

Honestly, probably not good for Virtual Reality to be tied to white supremacy right now. Don't think this will help with regards to media buzz for a product that is already struggling greatly.

Honestly, probably not good for Virtual Reality to be tied to white supremacy right now. Don't think this will help with regards to media buzz for a product that is already struggling greatly.
If that's what it takes, I'll take the death of VR as a side effect to universal denouncement of white supremacy any day.

https://twitter.com/davidplouffe/status/778974010642051072

In Trump's mind he wins by merely showing up. The ratings are going to be big and he'll likely be talked about the most no matter what happens. He's a showman, that's all. That being said I'm feeling more confident that he won't attend the next debate. Hillary Clinton is a very good debater, and arguably the best debater out of the last 16 years of national elections. I think the contrast between the two candidates is going to be so stark that it'll be very hard for most of the media to play the "both sides" game. Yes some of that will happen regardless, and Trump being entertaining/funny will sway some folks...but overall you're going to see a professional and a clown.

If the media reaction is as bad as I think it can be, and if polls are as unanimous as I expect they'll be, Trump's only recourse will be to declare the process rigged and refuse to participate again unless his demands are met. In his mind he wins via default, so any perception of a loss=someone is cheating him.

The biggest danger I see for Clinton is that Trump's ceiling is so low, expectations wise. A lot of people are going to tune in to be entertained, and Trump will easily provide that. And his debate and speaking style makes it easy for him to repeat various things for 30-90 seconds effectively. If the question is on Syria for instance he can say "Syria is a mess, it was fine before Obama and Hillary ruined it. We're losing there, Russia is doing xyz. When I'm president we're going to have a winning strategy, ok. We're going to lead." He could potentially get away with that depending on what the media has to say, and depending on voter's reactions to Hillary's answers (does she dodge responsibility, does she refuse to criticize the president, etc).

3donottell.gif

A year after Denmark had a Nazi party take 21% of the vote seems like a very strange time to be arguing that far right politics are spurred by a lacking welfare state now that I think about it.

She should invite Bloomberg and Buffet to the front row, also. Really remind him that he's not a big fish.

The Omarosa/Frontline thing also just proves that this is all really a petty revenge thing for Trump after the WH Correspondent's Dinner.

In light of the God-Emperor's new bowing policy, here's a sneak peak at the conclusion of President Trump's first WHCD:
tumblr_mntlzsvNd21r1qhd4o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom